Asmed - Norwood 5/6 Pattern - My hair transplant Journey Has Began... Asmed/dr. Koray Erdogan

shookwun

Reaction score
very nice response to medication

4000-5000 grafts will turn you into a full head

Expect a long journey ahead with two separate surgeries. It will be well worth it.

Do not be convinced and forced into having that many fue at once. You run a high risk of donor depletion.

To much at once.......

Be careful of any surgeon who is willing to do more then 3500 in one shot.

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Expect a long journey ahead with two separate surgeries. It will be well worth it.

Do not be convinced and forced into having that many fue at once. You run a high risk of donor depletion.

To much at once.......

Thank you!
Usually I agree with you with the amount of grafts and I wouldnt allow any other surgeon to use so many grafts at once, but Erdogan shows impressive results doing these max graft surgeries. I see 5 star results from him all the time. Hard to forget that :)

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont think they touch anyone who is challenging, if your a have light baldness they will probably touch it in. .

Reaction score
i dont think they touch anyone who is challenging, if your a have light baldness they will probably touch it in. .

Oh ok I see, that's good to know that they are still credible, i'm from the Uk and in the future i think i may use a Fue surgery, depending on how aggressive my hairloss is. ( i have ony just receded and slight thinning at 25)

But i have to say after reading a lot of review Dr asmed looks like the guy to go to if you want full reassurance!

Best of luck buddy.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

To much at once.......

I too cannot stress this advice enough, especially to young sufferers. Tread carefully when making an important decision, and for Gods sake, tread extremeily carefully when making an (to a huge degree) irreversible, life altering decision. Too many take very lightly on this and end up butchered.

Get several opinions on donor and hair characteristics, and then make an informed decision prefferebly with a surgeon that has a good track records with many cases to show for.

Personally, I would have gone for a 2-3 000 graft-ish, spread over to sessions right after another to limit time out body for grafts.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations to OP for such a good luck with response to medication. It defo is the prefferable way to go in the beginning of treatment. One should always try and avoid invasive and harsh solutions without trying something (less invasive) prior to it.

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll post pictures soon, i think everything is stable and no further regrowth, i was happy i went out yesterday and some pics were taken with me standing on my back to the camera and my bald spot on the crown is hardly noticeable (still there though, its quite difuse), but when I compare my situation in the beggining to what I have now, im happy with the results... still thinking about a transplant though to attempt full coverage appearance

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, yesterday night photos..
hZS3uB.jpg

DtCwy1.jpg

Still there the thinning, but not longer completely bald on the crown

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update on 1.5 years of treatment.
So, it has been 1.5y taking propecia and minoxidil everyday. I think I've now peaked the possible results with finasteride. This is the current situation on my hair loss:

HN0eKN.jpg

V0GdJ0.jpg

E1OoHf.jpg

As i have a very curly hair sometimes it doesnt look to bad, but the harsh bright light in the bathroom really shows the areas where the thickning has been poor (still a lot better when compared from where i started)

FwGOCd.jpg

Before i go to the hair transplant with Asmed, ive decided to take a step further on my regimen, i will start using dutasteride 1x/week 0.5mg in combination with the finasteride (i dont really wanna go fully on dutasteride for now, just trying to lower a bit more my dht levels to see if i can achieve any more thickning). Will keep yous updated.

fzUBLL.jpg