Asmed - Norwood 5/6 Pattern - My hair transplant Journey Has Began... Asmed/dr. Koray Erdogan

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PART1

Hi everybody, i appologise if I'm posting this on the wrong section, but as I will be having a FUE hair transplant I thought this was the best section to use and update.
Ive been reading and learning from everybody on this forum for a year now, as a guest. I decided to join as a member to share my story, my achievements (good or bad), my perspectives and possibly my outcome/results in another year.
I am 35 y old and I live in Northern Europe, however I am Mediterranean from origin, from South Europe.
In perspective now i realize that i was balding since my late 20's, it maybe become noticeable around 28-29, however to be perfectly honest it never bothered me and in fact I wasn't aware how bald I was becoming, little by little.
Until last year.. at the age of 34, a couple of photos in family gave me a perspective of my bald head that freaked me out.. i was/am bald, and the process wasnt over and it was becoming worst day by day, clearly a norwood 5 or higher already, maybe already thinning and balding on a norwood 6?
It was then March 2016 that I Started searching for options/repair treatments that could possibly give me some hair back, i was every day and night reading posts and other users experiences in this and other forums, finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral, ru, S5, etc.. etc.. all become viable options for me, and I wasnt scared of the possible side effects, everything in life comes with a risk.
I decided to start with the basics so, the big 3! I started immediately with regaine 5% foam, nizoral 2-3x/weeks and 1mg propecia every day. My main objective was to stop the male pattern baldness process or at least to slow it down, any possible regrowth would be welcomed.
So March 2016 i started the big 3.
August 2016 I increased the % of minoxidil, i started using 10% minoxidil with azelaic acid cream at night time and minoxidil 8% with caffeine and MGP solution by morning.
I also been taking some vitamins every other month and biotin, more precisely foligain vitamins and biotin 5000ug daily.
Enclosed some pics of the evolution of this treatment month by month.
I decided to have the finasteride tx for an entire year before I considered hair transplants to allow my male pattern baldness to become as stable as possible and to allow any remaining hair on top to thicken as possible.
Last month i decided to take blood tests for my hormonal profile, including the DHT reading, i feel sorry i didnt took an initial reading before I started the finasteride though, results show normal levels of DHT but on the low end, i am considering dutasteride but as my hair thickned with the propecia I believe for now I dont need to reduce my DHT any further.
Current level of DHT 0.490 nmol/l, under 1mg of finasteride every day for a year.

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year evolution with pharmaceuticals:
(Please note, the photos which the hair appear wet, its not wet, its after the application of minoxidil).

March 2016 before any treatment:

DM0Hg5.jpg

yzT2Di.jpg
[
lfFrT9.jpg

yzT2Di.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Oro

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
STARTED TREATMENT MARCH 2016 - propecia, minoxidil, nizoral first month.

AUGUST 2016

bcjPda.jpg

l6KSpo.jpg

Reactions: Oro

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, these are my results as presently, and now its time to go the surgical way.
I had hair transplants evaluation with several clinics across Europe.
Transform group in the UK- suggested FUT, done by a general cosmetic surgeon with quite poor reviews... No, thank you.
Dr. Feriduni - highly considered.
Dr. ******** - highly considered
Tayfun Oguzoglu - mixt reports

Asmed, Dr. Koray Erdogan - since the first day i started looking into the hair transplant, this was the Dr. That most impressed me in terms of results, clinic facilities, dedication to his practice, etc.. so to be honest he always was my first choice, he assessed me last year on the start of my journey, advised me to get on finasteride asap and said that i would be a good candidate for FUE, and now 1 year later he assessed me again, no pushing, no forced sales, perfect, and so my decision was made and deposit already sent.
Later on this year in November I will have my hair transplant with Dr. Erdogan, estimate number of grafts, 5000.
When the time comes I will update my story, share more pics, review my surgery, in the meanwhile take care everybody :)

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope so, illusion of full coverage would be ideal. Real full coverage impossible, only with clonage in a zillion years

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if I was you I would not get surgery as you are having such a profound response to meds. Why risk it when you are doing so great?

Phoenix07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, if I was you I would not get surgery as you are having such a profound response to meds. Why risk it when you are doing so great?

Thank you for the reply! Do you think so? I'm afraid I might be getting hair greed, you want more and more hair!!
Do you guys think my hair will improve even more only with meds? Would you guys wait more time for any transplant or would you guys do it now? Thanks

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! Do you think so? I'm afraid I might be getting hair greed, you want more and more hair!!
Do you guys think my hair will improve even more only with meds? Would you guys wait more time for any transplant or would you guys do it now? Thanks
First of all, everyone has hair greed. We all want more! I also think you may continue to improve or at least hold stable. If you hold stable where you are as I said earlier I don't think you need surgery. You look great!