Applemets Hair - Nutraceutic Powered By Italian University Of Naples

Status
Not open for further replies.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought and shipped to US.

I'm skeptical but I can afford it so we'll see how it goes!

cameo

Reaction score
Well, I found a recent article "Endothelium-dependent vasorelaxant effect of procyanidin B2 on human internal mammary artery" (July 2017) investigating the vasorelaxant effect (I assume this is similar to vasolidation) of procyanidin B2 which might also explain why this supplement have a potential to work to some degree. According to the authors "The present results demonstrate, for the first time, that procyanidin B2 acts as a potent vasodilator on the isolated human blood vessels."

whoken

Reaction score
Bought two months supply for the heck of it, I am skeptical but I've jumped on dodgier trains.

Will report. My biggest concern are sides. People tend to report sides only if they are deranging. It gets even worse when people get good results they will act blind on sides. Like fina users.

Anyway we will see. Paid with PayPal so I am sure to get my money back if the site is scamming.

paxis

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Italy must have a lot of baldies, first brotzu now this

Keep us updated boys, wont buy it for now

Reactions: br1

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact I see someone I trust like @Roberto_72 buying this has my attention. I'm going to wait until we have a better idea if it works + assurances that it will be steadily available enough for long term use before adding it to my regimen

whoken

Reaction score
The heck I have been notified the parcel is already on its way and I am getting it this wednesday.

Hmm we will see

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don´t know what to do, cause I´m kind of broke right now u now. Besides it´s 11 more euros for the shipping to Madrid.

Think I´m going to wait a bit more.

Noobie

Reaction score
Bought 2 months worth of 120 tablets. If what they say is true I should see some results by then. Will take before and after pictures with my phone.

Drogedagh

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Farmacia Loreto sells Malus Domestica and not the one mentioned in the article!

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Purchased 3 units from that farmacialoreto website using international shipping (not expedited). I won't be able to post pictures, but I will certainly report back if I see results. If not, hey, I've wasted $100 on dumber stuff than this lol. :p

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am not an expert for science, but i am an expert for toppik, cause i use it every day. the before/afters on the start of the thread does´nt look like natural hair regrothw, in my oppinion it is definetely toppik.
I tried toppik and your hair looks dense but very dull at the same time. I don't think it's toppik, if they used a concealer then they used a very good one.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Farmacia Loreto sells Malus Domestica and not the one mentioned in the article!

sh*t! Guess that's $100 I just wasted. :( That's what I get for jumping the gun. Likely can't cancel/return the order since I shipped internationally and already got a UPS email with a tracking #.

bassa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What could be wrong with it... Maybe with a different apple the concentration is slightly lower... If the mechanics works... This should also work

bugbug

Reaction score
I just bought it.
Malus domestica is just Latin for domestic apple. The apples in the study are domestic apples called Annurca Apples from Capania region in Southern Italy. Btw you need 4 boxes for 2 months since in the study they used two a day.

This particular apple seems magical :) (The stuff below is not hair related and can be ignored)

J Nutr. 2007 Dec;137(12):2622-8.
Annurca apple polyphenols have potent demethylating activity and can reactivate silenced tumor suppressor genes in colorectal cancer cells.
Fini L1, Selgrad M, Fogliano V, Graziani G, Romano M, Hotchkiss E, Daoud YA, De Vol EB, Boland CR, Ricciardiello L.
Author information
Erratum in

• J Nutr. 2010 Jan;140(1):125.
Abstract
The CpG island methylator phenotype is characterized by DNA hypermethylation in the promoters of tumor suppressor genes with silencing of transcription. Hypermethylation of the promoter of hMLH1 and subsequent microsatellite instability occurs in approximately 12% of sporadic colorectal cancers (CRC). Annurca apple, a variety of southern Italy, is rich in polyphenols that are associated with anticancer properties. Populations in southern Italy have lower incidences of CRC than elsewhere in the western world. We evaluated the mechanisms of putative anticancer effects of Annurca polyphenol extract (APE) in in vitro models of CRC. We extracted polyphenols from Annurca apples and treated RKO, SW48, and SW480 cells with APE and assessed the cell viability, apoptosis, and cell cycle. DNA methylation of selected tumor suppressor genes was evaluated after treatment with APE and was compared with the synthetic demethylating agent 5-aza-2'deoxycytidine (5-aza-2dC). DNA methyltransferase (DNMT)-1 and -3b levels were evaluated. Decreased cell viability and induction of apoptosis was evident after treatment. We found no significant changes in cell cycle dynamics. We observed significant increases of p53 protein expression in RKO after treatment. APE treatment strongly reduced DNA methylation in the promoters of hMLH1, p14(ARF), and p16(INK4a) with consequent restoration of normal expression. These effects were qualitatively comparable with those obtained with 5-aza-2dC. We observed a significant reduction in expression of DNMT proteins after treatment without changes in messenger RNA. In conclusion, APE have potent demethylating activity through the inhibition of DNMT proteins. The lack of toxicity in Annurca extracts makes them excellent candidates for the chemoprevention of CRC.
Exp Neurol. 2006 Jun;199(2):354-61. Epub 2006 Feb 9.
Annurca apple-rich diet restores long-term potentiation and induces behavioral modifications in aged rats.
Viggiano A1, Viggiano A, Monda M, Turco I, Incarnato L, Vinno V, Viggiano E, Baccari ME, De Luca B.
Author information
Abstract

The impairment of brain functions during aging could be prevented by an increase in antioxidative defenses. In fact, dietary manipulation with antioxidants or with antioxidant-rich extracts from vegetables and fruit can ameliorate age-associated behavioral alterations. Moreover, dietary supplements of antioxidants can reverse the age-dependent impairment to sustain long-term potentiation (LTP). There is evidence that fresh fruit could be more effective than antioxidant supplements or fruit and vegetable extracts but the effect of a diet enriched in fresh fruit on brain aging process has not been investigated until now. The aim of the present study was to verify whether dietary manipulation with fresh apples could influence age-induced changes in motor and emotional behavior and in LTP in rats. Groups of aged and young rats were fed with a standard diet or a diet supplemented with fresh apples of annurca variety for 10 weeks and assessed for behavioral performance in the open field and elevated plus maze tests and for the ability to sustain LTP. The brains were then removed, histochemically stained for superoxide dismutase (SOD) and SOD activity was measured by computer-assisted image analysis. The aged rats fed with the enriched diet showed a significant decrease in the anxiety level. Moreover, they improved in the ability to sustain LTP, reaching the level of the young rats. SOD activity was increased in the aged rats fed with the standard diet whereas SOD activity in the hippocampus of the aged rats treated with annurca apple was at the level of the young animals. These results suggest that a diet rich in annurca apple could have an important role in health-care during aging.

10.1016/j.expneurol.2006.01.001

Annurca apple (M. pumila Miller cv Annurca) extracts act against stress and ageing in S. cerevisiae yeast cells
  • Mariarita Stirpe,
  • Vanessa Palermo,
  • Michele Maria Bianchi,
  • Romano Silvestri,
  • Claudio Falcone,
  • Giancarlo Tenore,
  • Ettore Novellino and
  • Cristina MazzoniEmail authorView ORCID ID profile
BMC Complementary and Alternative MedicineBMC series – open, inclusive and trusted201717:200
https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-017-1666-7

© The Author(s). 2017

Received: 15 September 2016

Accepted: 6 March 2017

Published: 5 April 2017

Open Peer Review reports

Abstract
Background
During the past years, a number of studies have demonstrated the positive effect of apple on ageing and different diseases such as cancer, degenerative and cardiovascular diseases.

The unicellular yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae represents a simple eukaryotic model to study the effects of different compounds on lifespan. We previously demonstrated that apple extracts have anti-ageing effects in this organism because of their antioxidant properties.

In particular, the effect is related to the presence in this fruit of polyphenols, which give a large contribution to the antioxidant activity of apples.

Methods
We we used a clonogenic assay to assess the viability and the resistance to oxidative stress of S. cerevisiaecells in the presence of Annurca apple extracts.

The production of ROS and the aberrant morphology of nuclei were detected by cell staining with the fluorescent dies Dihydrorhodamine 123 and DAPI, respectively. Mitochondrial morphology was analyzed by following the localization of the mito-GFP protein into the mitochondrial matrix.

Results
In this study, we show that apple extracts can increase yeast lifespan, reduce the levels of reactive oxygen species and cell sensitivity to oxidative stress, and prevent nuclei and mitochondria fragmentation protecting cells from regulated cell death.

Conclusions
In this paper, by using the yeast S. cerevisiae as a model, we have demonstrated that Annurca extracts possess antioxidant properties thanks to which the extracts can reduce the intracellular ROS levels and have anti-apoptotic functions thus prolonging cell lifespan.

These results contribute to knowledge on the effects of natural compounds on ageing and support the use of yeast as a model organism for the development of simple tests to assess the effectiveness of bioactive substances from natural sources.

Effects of Annurca Apple Fruit, a Southern Italy Cultivar, on Lipid Metabolism in Wistar Rats
Author(s): Luciana De Simone, Simona Santoro, Carmine Guarino, Rosaria Sciarrillo.

Abstract:
Annurca apple fruit is commonly cultivated in southern Italy and undergoes a typical reddening treatment and, is notable for its high firmness and its characteristic flavour. Apples may have selective effects on abnormalities associated with the plurimetabolic syndrome. Therefore, the effects of 20% lyophilized Annurca apple supplementation on plasma and tissue lipids were investigated in Wistar rats. The experimental diets were equilibrated for sugar supply, containing 0.25g/100g cholesterol and provided only a third of the vitamin E requirement. The apple diet lowered plasma FFA and in parallel reduced triglyceride in heart and liver. Plasma leptin was also suppressed by the apple diet. In conclusion, despite their moderate fiber content, apples improve substantially the lipid status in Wistar rats, suggesting that other plant constituents such as the pectins are involved in these effects.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure? because other members already bought and i was about to do it myself. Is this really wrong product? https://farmacialoreto.it/applemets-hair-30cps

sh*t! Guess that's $100 I just wasted. :( That's what I get for jumping the gun. Likely can't cancel/return the order since I shipped internationally and already got a UPS email with a tracking #.

The name of the apple in the e-commerce site is incorrect.
The right product is Applemets hair. Not that I am promoting it :-( I don't know if it works. We'll see.

If you bought Applemets hair, you bought the right concentration of procyanidin B2

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with calling their credit card company and cancelling a charge? Wondering if I can call then and cancel the charge and hence the order will be canceled automatically and not shipped.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The name of the apple in the e-commerce site is incorrect.
The right product is Applemets hair. Not that I am promoting it :-( I don't know if it works. We'll see.

If you bought Applemets hair, you bought the right concentration of procyanidin B2

Do any of the links herein sell the correct product? if so can you point me to it? Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that - the one I purchased from the farmacialoreto link is "Applemets Hair 30 count." So I guess that's the right one?

Status
Not open for further replies.