Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

UunoTurhapuro

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually it has helped with my peptic ulcer to the extent that I don't use PPIs anymore. Nobody drinks raw apple cider vinegar straight from the bottle, I don't anyway. One or two spoons diluted in 250ml of water isn't more acidic than drinking a glass of fruit juice. One can rinse their mouth with water if they are worried about enamel erosion. :)

Jacob

Reaction score
mother.jpg

This is a 'slab' of mother generated on a large vinegar tank over about 6 months. It is a tough, rubbery, slippery residue from the aecetic bacterial colony, which is primarily a cellulose material the bacteria generate to provide their environment on the surface of the liquid along with the other 'detritus' of the colony, including live and dead bacteria. It is not the healthy part of natural vinegar. Most references to "mother" are probably talking about the bacteria, which of course are invisible. It may [or may not] be beneficial to consume the live aecetic bacteria, but the 'refuse' generated by those bacteria over time isn't what we like on our salad! Our Apple Cider Vinegar is always filtered to crystal clarity, though exposure to the air may allow the bacteria still present to begin working again and generating the first wispy strings of new 'mother', which may be removed by simply pouring the product through a couple layers of cheesecloth.

http://mars.ark.com/~squeeze/mother.html

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think they hype the "mother" because it is naturally present and may be impossible to keep out of the product entirely. I'm sure it's not harmful..at least in the amount found in the products being talked about here. They could..I suppose..say like that company I posted the pic from- just strain it. But talking about the "mother" sure does make it sound better. I guess :shock:

I mean..why wouldn't these companies take the stuff from the bottom of the barrels/containers and sell it on it's own if it's so great for you? Put it in a gelcap. :dunno:

Their main page..the site I got that pic/explanation from: http://mars.ark.com/~squeeze/ So they DO sell ACV. It's not like it's a company talking crap about ACV. They're just talking crap about the..crap.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ Don't expect the laity to reply with any rigorous, lengthy, scientific scrutiny. You get to a point where they'll hit a ceiling in their rational thinking, and thinking harder, only makes their brain hurt.

It "feels" better to rely on their faith and convictions instead.

Welcome to the placebo effect.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are several studies demonstrating a strong correlation between insulin resistance, diabetes and hair loss. You can also find several studies demonstrating that the acetic acid in vinegar greatly improves insulin resistance, especially after a high starch or glucose load.

Diabetes is not only a symptom of pancreatic cancer, but it also increases the risk of developing pancreatic cancer. Interesting to note, there's also a correlation between a two-fold 5-alpha-reductase increase in pancreatic cancer tissue. So that unhealthy pancreas might just be cranking out plenty of DHT. Though your hair would be the least of your worries.

Jacob

Reaction score
I contacted Braggs regarding the "Mother". Either they're another company that is lousy at responding(it's been nearly a week)..or they didn't have an answer as to why they wouldn't want to sell the "Mother" on it's own if it's so good for you. See my previous post.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah so I simply don't have enough time to keep filling up on Apple Cider Vinegar but I am taking supplements of this stuff. Obviously natural liquid/food is better but supplements are a good alternative for those who need this stuff.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
acvfan said:
I'll take photos again in June; everyone can take from them what they will.

1-more week!
\
xst9u.jpg

Don't forget cut hair same length before pics! Om Nom Nom NoM!!!!!
\
2h50inl.jpg

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was taking the acv same as the guy said for around 2 months. I *think* there might have been some thickening and reduced shedding..

Anyways, Iabout 5 days ago I started to get some pretty extreme stomach discomfort. I would get this with acv every now and then but it would go away.
But this time it is not going anywhere and has been the same since 5 daysl. I have not been able to digest anything properly either. Pretty intense discomfort and pain.

Im really hoping I havent done some serious damage to my stomach lining. Will be stopping the ACV and all suplements for a while to see if things can heal.

Ypou guys think I could have done some permanent damage??

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
sizzlinghairs said:
Hey guys,

Was taking the acv same as the guy said for around 2 months. I *think* there might have been some thickening and reduced shedding..

Anyways, Iabout 5 days ago I started to get some pretty extreme stomach discomfort. I would get this with acv every now and then but it would go away.
But this time it is not going anywhere and has been the same since 5 daysl. I have not been able to digest anything properly either. Pretty intense discomfort and pain.

Im really hoping I havent done some serious damage to my stomach lining. Will be stopping the ACV and all suplements for a while to see if things can heal.

^^

Misinformed people harming themselves because they've adopted a lifestyle of "gullible stupid". What'ya know. Like we didn't see that coming.

Drink up and enjoy those ulcers!
lolsdu.gif

Don't forget the colloidal silver
wink.png

Hoppi

Reaction score
sizzlinghairs said:
Hey guys,

hm, wow man, yeah you've gotta be careful with anything acidic like that, because an increase in acidity in the stomach is what causes stomach ulcers.

Even the most common cause of stomach ulcers which I believe is h pylori (bacteria), does so due to it's release of acid.

If I were you I would cut the ACV out cold and give it some time to heal. Something like Calendula tincture or colostrum may be useful as they both encourage healing.

In future ALWAYS DILUTE ACV LOTS! I usually have about a tablespoon or two in a full, large glass of water!

Hopefully you should be ok but yeah pop to the docs as well I think! :)

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
so I've been drinking 3 teaspoons in the morning and night…but recently only in the morning.

is there a consensus between applying it on the affected head vs drinking it?

if I start putting it on my head, I'll have to buy another bottle so I don't contaminate the sh*t I'm drinking with hair/head particles.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
acvfan said:
I'll take photos again in June; everyone can take from them what they will.

Here we go! It's going to be like opening presents at Christmas time!
\
xst9u.jpg

(don't hold your breaf
lolsdu.gif
)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Anarch said:
so I've been drinking 3 teaspoons in the morning and night…but recently only in the morning.

is there a consensus between applying it on the affected head vs drinking it?

if I start putting it on my head, I'll have to buy another bottle so I don't contaminate the sh*t I'm drinking with hair/head particles.

as long as you dilute the ACV a lot you should be fine. But if your stomach is hurting then I'd take a while off it until it's feeling better. The stuff IS very acidic, and you don't want to do damage to your stomach.

I have no idea about applying it topically. I would be amazed if it had any real benefit topically other than as an antifungal (which of course is useful, but I would imagine ketoconazole, miconazole, colloidal silver, oregano, etc would all make better and less smelly alternatives!!). I don't know for sure though, I could be wrong on that!

Hope that helps :)

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
rogazle as much as i dont like you in that mico thread ... your a funny guy. i mean that im pretty high right now

hoppi bruv ... i think your funny to. so happy all the time. would probably rub a docleaf on his head if there was a study on it

ive grown to love this forum its comedy