Apple Cider Vinegar... part II

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
This thread is really long and it's really late and I'm really sleepy.

Long story short what does ACV do? Has anyone used it successfully for balding and thinning spots that have filled in? How about reduced shedding?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=62452&p=628720#p628720

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey gazzle, thought you were gone. So I will take this oppurtunity to ask you, since I couldnt locate your post amidst the massive thread at regrowth.com.

Do you remember the inactive ingredents in the miconazole you were using? Thanks man.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairloss seems to be solved, but I pop in here and there.

Don't remember. Propylene glycol was one. The other ingredients where base thickeners.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The Acetic Acid in the ACV is a powerful PPAR agonists. Works pretty much like the drug pioglitazone for diabetes or insuline resistance.. If insulin resistance is related to male pattern baldness like some studies say. then you got a cheap add-on to fight hair loss. :punk:

Good link on PPAR agonists. http://www.als.net/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=48443

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Dietary acetic acid reduces serum cholesterol and triacylglycerols in rats fed a cholesterol-rich diet.
Fushimi T, Suruga K, Oshima Y, Fukiharu M, Tsukamoto Y, Goda T.
Source

Central Research Institute, Mizkan Group Corporation, Handa Aichi, Japan. tfushimi@mizkan.co.jp
Abstract

To investigate the efficacy of the intake of vinegar for prevention of hyperlipidaemia, we examined the effect of dietary acetic acid, the main component of vinegar, on serum lipid values in rats fed a diet containing 1 % (w/w) cholesterol. Animals were allowed free access to a diet containing no cholesterol, a diet containing 1 % cholesterol without acetic acid, or a diet containing 1 % cholesterol with 0.3 % (w/w) acetic acid for 19 d. Then, they were killed after food deprivation for 7 h. Cholesterol feeding increased serum total cholesterol and triacylglycerol levels. Compared with the cholesterol-fed group, the cholesterol and acetic acid-fed group had significantly lower values for serum total cholesterol and triacylglycerols, liver ATP citrate lyase (ATP-CL) activity, and liver 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA content as well as liver mRNA levels of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1, ATP-CL and fatty acid synthase (P<0.05). Further, the serum secretin level, liver acyl-CoA oxidase expression, and faecal bile acid content were significantly higher in the cholesterol and acetic acid-fed group than in the cholesterol-fed group (P<0.05). However, acetic acid feeding affected neither the mRNA level nor activity of cholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase. In conclusion, dietary acetic acid reduced serum total cholesterol and triacylglycerol: first due to the inhibition of lipogenesis in liver; second due to the increment in faecal bile acid excretion in rats fed a diet containing cholesterol.

KaKa1255

Reaction score
It's amazing about ACV (apple cider vinegar). It is so effective at treating many issues and I am excited about the connection to hair regrowth.

I use an apple cider vinegar (topical) shampoo as well as taking it orally. I am going to try and upload a before and after picture so you can see how my hair was thinning and how it stopped.

Btw, I like Morrocco Method ACV. It is raw, organic an all natural.

Ok, for some reason I cannot upload the pictures.

Attachments

• 34389_173239452690642_100000137644458_661486_7775450_n.jpg
    34389_173239452690642_100000137644458_661486_7775450_n.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,391

KaKa1255

Reaction score
I could only put up the before in my last remark...the picture where my hair was thinning. That was a year ago in September. Here is from this November....Greatly improved!

Attachments

• Merrimack employee id.jpg
    Merrimack employee id.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 373

abcdefg

Reaction score
Could be the apple cider, or you getting more sleep, or your change in diet, or your less stressed, or your hormone levels naturally adjusted, or probably 100 other things that change over time. Yeah looks better though not sure I am going to start injecting apple cider into my head.

hammer2012

Reaction score
i know somebody that got ulcerative colitis from drinking apple cider vinegar, it was diluted as well.

:thumbdown2: :thumbdown2:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Could be the apple cider, or you getting more sleep, or your change in diet, or your less stressed, or your hormone levels naturally adjusted, or probably 100 other things that change over time. Yeah looks better though not sure I am going to start injecting apple cider into my head.

...but yet you'll dose your scalp with chemicals and drugs like minoxidil, not to mention shampoo's full of crap?? :shakehead: ...

...listen --- stuff like this does work for women...and probably for men too...MUSTARD OIL...proven to help hair for women with many, many testimonials not to mention hundreds of years of experience (particularly from the Indian culture)...There are recipies for shampoo's that use ACV, Olive Oil (or you can use Mustard Oil), plus other stuff like eggs and lemon juice...put in a blender and mix up...you're going to tell me you'd rather put chemical/drug crap on your head and yet be opposed to this?? ...

...I firmly believe the solution to hairloss is topical..you get a sunburn, you put aloe on it...it does work and it's proven...the best solution for hairloss is a hair transplant and that IS TOPICAL...I am going to try this...

indianguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if undiluted apple cider vinegar (Not mixed with water) be applied daily on scalp overnight for hair growth. The hair/scalp can be washed off the next morning under the shower.

Will it harm the scalp or the dry out the hair if one applies it directly to scalp everyday?

Many have recommended using it only as a rinse during bath but some people are of the view that daily application of undiluted ACV on scalp has really helped them to grow hair.

So, please guide, thanks

uphillbattle

Reaction score
I can't vouch for the efficacy of ACV, however I am almost certain insulin resistance plays a strong role in male pattern baldness. I drank a gallon of milk a day for 2 months and my left temple hairline saw massive rounding and loss within that time period. I'm not sure right now whether it was Telogen Effluvium or not, because I am currently still waiting for 6 months to pass. However, milk does have a high insulinotropic response.

BlackSheep

Established Member
Reaction score
ACV definitely helped me in the early days of my scalp itch, but right now, it just worsens it. I think I overdid it (would leave the ACV in my hair under a beanie some nights and slept with it).

From my experience I'd definitely advise folks not to do any drastic stuff with ACV, or use it if their scalp is irritated to begin with (which mine was and still currently is).

sandiego

Reaction score
Actually, while vinegar is acidic.. Apple cider vinegar is listed as alkaline on alkaline food lists