Apparently Tsuji has started clinical trials

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you listen to any leading longevity expert talk, the goal isn't to solve those problems in the next 20 years. It's to push that 20 years into 30-35 years and solve it in the next 30-40.

Not really. Jeff Bezos has joined the longevity game, and with the amount of money him and Yuri Milner have (some of the richest men in the world) I highly doubt they will wait until 30 to 40 years when they would both be probably dead unless they solve it.

We also know Jeff Bezos is quite a selfish person so I know he wouldn't be working on this tech if it wasn't within reach in his natural lifetime and that he also wouldn't share this information with everyone so "everyone" solves aging.

Even the company he is heavily invested in with Yuri Milner, called Atlos Labs you won't find a website for it on the internet.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How confident does a researcher / company have to be to actually enter the trials? They cost a lot of money and generate publicity, so in case of failure, your reputation is at stake. Is it possible that Tsuji already has done some experiments on humans and therefore has a hint of how the trials will go? Would that be ethically acceptable? Are the trials the first real possibility to test the solution?

Many companies fail in trials, so they don't all enter will complete certitude. Why is everybody so sure this will work out?

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have kind of bad news. I found what seems to be the original article in japanese (https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2021/08031056/?all=1&page=3)

and translated it with google chrome, and this is how the key quote from Tsuji ended up being:

"We will invest about 500 million yen in the first clinical trial of hair follicle regeneration, and if the results are confirmed, we will spend an additional 1 billion to 1.5 billion yen to gradually increase the number of clinical trials."

So trials haven’t started, and we don't even know if he secured the funding yet.

For what it's worth, the article is from July 29, I hope he moved the needle since then. But it's a bummer he basically didn't bring anything new there.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Jeff Bezos has joined the longevity game, and with the amount of money him and Yuri Milner have (some of the richest men in the world) I highly doubt they will wait until 30 to 40 years when they would both be probably dead unless they solve it.

We also know Jeff Bezos is quite a selfish person so I know he wouldn't be working on this tech if it wasn't within reach in his natural lifetime and that he also wouldn't share this information with everyone so "everyone" solves aging.

Even the company he is heavily invested in with Yuri Milner, called Atlos Labs you won't find a website for it on the internet.
You didn't understand what I was saying. I'm saying that the current goal of longevity within the next 10 years is to push the life expectancy by 10-20 years, and solve the problem completely in the next 20-40.

This means that no one expects us to cure aging this decade, but they do expect meaningful progress to be made that leads to the cure within their lifetimes, which is exactly what you are saying about Bezos. By the time he's 70 he wants to be assured he will live into his 100s and by his 100s he wants to be cured.

Ghc

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have kind of bad news. I found what seems to be the original article in japanese (https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2021/08031056/?all=1&page=3)

and translated it with google chrome, and this is how the key quote from Tsuji ended up being:

"We will invest about 500 million yen in the first clinical trial of hair follicle regeneration, and if the results are confirmed, we will spend an additional 1 billion to 1.5 billion yen to gradually increase the number of clinical trials."

So trials haven’t started, and we don't even know if he secured the funding yet.

For what it's worth, the article is from July 29, I hope he moved the needle since then. But it's a bummer he basically didn't bring anything new there.

Correct translation:
"We are planning to invest about 500 million yen in the first clinical trial for hair follicle regeneration, and once the results are confirmed, we will spend an additional 1 to 1.5 billion yen to gradually increase the number of trials."

Not sure if he already have 500 million yen or not.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is the company or? http://www.iseihealth.com/

I don’t know what is going on, but 5 million dollars in world of business are nothing. Probably big pharma companies in Japan or across the world are not very familiar with Dr.Tsuji.

Last edited:

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you listen to any leading longevity expert talk, the goal isn't to solve those problems in the next 20 years. It's to push that 20 years into 30-35 years and solve it in the next 30-40.
Right but the point is that if you don't treat all forms of damage comprehensively atleast a little bit, whatever form of damage you leave untreated will kill you anyways.

There is of course crosstalk when treating one form of damage which may improve the conditions of the other forms of damage, but we won't know until we actually test these therapies.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You didn't understand what I was saying. I'm saying that the current goal of longevity within the next 10 years is to push the life expectancy by 10-20 years, and solve the problem completely in the next 20-40.

This means that no one expects us to cure aging this decade, but they do expect meaningful progress to be made that leads to the cure within their lifetimes, which is exactly what you are saying about Bezos. By the time he's 70 he wants to be assured he will live into his 100s and by his 100s he wants to be cured.

Yes I agree with you.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats what i said ! I have seen the article and looked for the word STARTED . There were no anything that indicate real progress.
Tsuji dont care about it it much , he dosent push it to become a thing , he only intrested in the achivemnt rather then an actuall treatment. Stemson is way more serious then him

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats what i said ! I have seen the article and looked for the word STARTED . There were no anything that indicate real progress.
Tsuji dont care about it it much , he dosent push it to become a thing , he only intrested in the achivemnt rather then an actuall treatment. Stemson is way more serious then him

Yup, Tsuji is a typical academic.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the company or? http://www.iseihealth.com/

I don’t know what is going on, but 5 million dollars in world of business are nothing. Probably big pharma companies in Japan or across the world are not very familiar with Dr.Tsuji.
Yeah, it is even less actually. Around 4,4 million Dollar. Like many have stated before, if you can't reach that amount, something is seriously wrong. Either with the product / treatment itself or with the people behind the science.

Funny how the sentiment goes from 0% to 100% on this forum. One moment there is no hope and we are all doomed, the next the cure is basically there.

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Our lives right now are designed to be 45~ of "prime" years, followed by a decline for another 40 years. That is an artificial construct based on our current situation. Do you not think that other humans were saying that exact same thing as you are now when humans routinely lived into their 40s max?

Those "Insecure losers" realize that by and large the quality of your life is dictated by your physical and mental health during your years alive. They are trying to correct that so that more quality can be achieved in whatever the quantity ends up being. I find it much more insecure that people can't possible fathom what they would do with their lives if they lived beyond a stock base number. You live in a box right now and can't imagine leaving it.

There isn't many people who have existed that were healthy in their old age who didn't wish for more time on earth. It's only the unhealthy and tired one's who accept that it's their time to go. Remove the pain/tired/unhealthy and you have people who are excited for another day.
That's a shitty myth spread by the incompentent medical community to fool people and sell them more garbage treatments and vaccines and convince them that we're only alive thanks to them and their "magic" when they're a bunch of failures who can't cure like 95% of the diseases out there

And yeah, during some periods of times life expectancy dropped significantly - like during the medieval plague for example - But that was pretty much an exception. Otherwise people lived more or less the same as us assuming they didn't get killed early due to a war or a revolution

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a shitty myth spread by the incompentent medical community to fool people and sell them more garbage treatments and vaccines and convince them that we're only alive thanks to them and their "magic" when they're a bunch of failures who can't cure like 95% of the diseases out there

And yeah, during some periods of times life expectancy dropped significantly - like during the medieval plague for example - But that was pretty much an exception. Otherwise people lived more or less the same as us assuming they didn't get killed early due to a war or a revolution
Wouldn't you like to live healthy and youthful 1000 years? I think everyone would like, that's what cryonics is for to try to bring you to a time when you will have the opportunity to live as long as you want

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't you like to live healthy and youthful 1000 years? I think everyone would like, that's what cryonics is for to try to bring you to a time when you will have the opportunity to live as long as you want
Would YOU like to be immortal and see your loved ones and all people you know dying over and over again until you jump over a cliff eventually from the misery and neverending loneliness? Because i'm sure as hell i don't

Death is a bliss if you actually think about it

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would YOU like to be immortal and see your loved ones and all people you know dying over and over again until you jump over a cliff eventually from the misery and neverending loneliness? Because i'm sure as hell i don't

Death is a bliss if you actually think about it
my relatives have free will, I am not persuading anyone to cryonics, I want to keep chances

Last edited: