Anyone else think reincarnation is the only answer?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nene said:
Boondock said:
Not a solid certain solution, but let's assume there's a 10% chance of reincarnation happening.

I've basically been genetically screwed by this life, and there isn't that much that can be done about it. Being skinny and short and somewhat feminine-faced isn't too bad if you have hair, but take that away and *boom*...you're ET.

I'm thinking that this could be basically the only answer for me. This life is pretty much not going to work out and statistically I'm very likely to get a better roll of the dice next time round...if there is a next time round.

Not really suicidal but just thinking of giving up on this life because the fight to actually succeed with all this crap going on is slowly destroying me. It's like an amputee trying to play world cup soccer against Brazil. No matter what adjustments you try to make, these people are just genetically far superior to you.

Boondock, a couple of things. First of all, I saw your pics and I don't think you have a feminine face and I also don't think your hair loss is THAT severe. But you don't seem to be doing that much to fight it. I'm not too familiar with your story but you say you couldn't tolerate finasteride. Are you sure that you can't tolerate finasteride? Not even a low dose?

In any event, you still have a pretty good deal of hair and should be able to fool people into thinking you have a full head of hair with some concealers.

Firstly I know about your baldness suitability situation, I'm a naturaly slim 5'9 guy with as much as a babyface that a 35 yr old can have. So I went from being in my late teens and not being able to buy cigarrettes to to being a freaky young bald old man. Its like the actor Charles Hawtree (who was bald but wore a wig btw) He managed to look like a mix of both a schoolboy and a old man from the age of about 20.

I've been working out since I was 18(ish) so I have well defined muscles but more like a gymnast my natural build means I can never be a big guy.
I'd like to see your pics though because trust me I know that your situation is going to be far better than mine, I live everyday just thinking "If only I could go back to early hairloss knowing then what I know now".

I'm still convinced though that 90% of side effects from meds are merely psychological. Its funny how in the Merck trial (when the guys did'nt know what they were taking or the possible sides) only 2% got them. Now everyguy who pops a pill is thinking its going to effect his libido ect, thats bound to have some effect.

And as for the reincarnation, sorry buddy but this is it, in life there is no fair deal, but as far as luck goes I'd say everyone on here is in the top 30% of luckiest guys on earth. We may be balding but we aint starving and we have all the best luxuries than any society could have. IMO religion is a far outdated theory just made up (in more primative times) to give hope when nothing else could and explain what we did'nt yet understand through science.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
In reality, my experience is that it leads to mild disadvantages in normal social life, and only has a serious effect in two areas. The first is romantic relationships. The second is how you feel emotionally about yourself.

Sometimes guys let the second of those things get bad, and that's what causes the first to go bad too.
I heartily agree. But then you suggest that some bald(ing) guy could know romantic succes if he was able to manage his internal feelings by accepting the fact and learning how to deal and live with it. Isn't it?

Boondock

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Nene said:
Boondock said:
Not a solid certain solution, but let's assume there's a 10% chance of reincarnation happening.

I've basically been genetically screwed by this life, and there isn't that much that can be done about it. Being skinny and short and somewhat feminine-faced isn't too bad if you have hair, but take that away and *boom*...you're ET.

I'm thinking that this could be basically the only answer for me. This life is pretty much not going to work out and statistically I'm very likely to get a better roll of the dice next time round...if there is a next time round.

Not really suicidal but just thinking of giving up on this life because the fight to actually succeed with all this crap going on is slowly destroying me. It's like an amputee trying to play world cup soccer against Brazil. No matter what adjustments you try to make, these people are just genetically far superior to you.

Boondock, a couple of things. First of all, I saw your pics and I don't think you have a feminine face and I also don't think your hair loss is THAT severe. But you don't seem to be doing that much to fight it. I'm not too familiar with your story but you say you couldn't tolerate finasteride. Are you sure that you can't tolerate finasteride? Not even a low dose?

In any event, you still have a pretty good deal of hair and should be able to fool people into thinking you have a full head of hair with some concealers.

Firstly I know about your baldness suitability situation, I'm a naturaly slim 5'9 guy with as much as a babyface that a 35 yr old can have. So I went from being in my late teens and not being able to buy cigarrettes to to being a freaky young bald old man. Its like the actor Charles Hawtree (who was bald but wore a wig btw) He managed to look like a mix of both a schoolboy and a old man from the age of about 20.

I've been working out since I was 18(ish) so I have well defined muscles but more like a gymnast my natural build means I can never be a big guy.
I'd like to see your pics though because trust me I know that your situation is going to be far better than mine, I live everyday just thinking "If only I could go back to early hairloss knowing then what I know now".

I'm still convinced though that 90% of side effects from meds are merely psychological. Its funny how in the Merck trial (when the guys did'nt know what they were taking or the possible sides) only 2% got them. Now everyguy who pops a pill is thinking its going to effect his libido ect, thats bound to have some effect.

And as for the reincarnation, sorry buddy but this is it, in life there is no fair deal, but as far as luck goes I'd say everyone on here is in the top 30% of luckiest guys on earth. We may be balding but we aint starving and we have all the best luxuries than any society could have. IMO religion is a far outdated theory just made up (in more primative times) to give hope when nothing else could and explain what we did'nt yet understand through science.

Yeah our situations are pretty similar. There are certain features that seem to make balding hit harder, and we seem to have most of them.

I will be posting up some pics later today. My situation is NW3-ville now, but I have diffuse thinning all over. I can see where this is going to end up.

Side effect-wise, I do agree on an intellectual level, but at the same time I did experience something. Maybe it was psychological, but however much I tried to 'forget about it' and get on with my life I still had these lingering problems. I have even had very short trials of finasteride since, just to test myself, and the same thing happens. If it is psychological, it may as well be real.

I'm slightly more open on religion, but I'm still not sure on that one. I am sure that we are fortunate to be in the West, of course, and much like hair it's something you take for granted until you see something else.

Boondock

Reaction score
Vox said:
Boondock said:
Being skinny and short...
Just curious, would you give some numbers? (weight, height)

Approx. 5'8, just over 10 stone in weight.

I heartily agree. But then you suggest that some bald(ing) guy could know romantic succes if he was able to manage his internal feelings by accepting the fact and learning how to deal and live with it. Isn't it?

Sometimes the only thing holding a balding guy back is his own feelings about the situation, but other times it affects his appearance in a legitimate way. I've seen members on here who I believe would have no problem looks-wise, and look good bald in spite of what they think. Equally, I've seen users whose before and after shots show a big deterioration in looks due to hair loss. It varies.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
Approx. 5'8, just over 10 stone in weight.
If that is skinny at your age, then better I do not post mine (at the age of 41+ son :mrgreen: ).

Boondock said:
Sometimes the only thing holding a balding guy back is his own feelings about the situation, but other times it affects his appearance in a legitimate way. I've seen members on here who I believe would have no problem looks-wise, and look good bald in spite of what they think. Equally, I've seen users whose before and after shots show a big deterioration in looks due to hair loss. It varies.
Fair enough.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Nene said:
Boondock said:

I read this alot and i find it staggeringly ignorant to be honest.

Some people develop gyno for a start.

Ive had a lowered libido after a years use - completley not psychological as i wasn't even thinking of sides on it after that length of time , if anything i was almost of the mindset that i wouldn't get any. I only noticed it when it was definately "there.

Some people have had serious sides too. Yees the mind is a powerful thing but so is a drug that messes with your hormones.

epictetus

Reaction score
If society didn't throw up so many barriers to pushing the reboot button, I'd keep hitting it until I spawned as an alpha male.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
This sh*t's just killing me and I need a way out.
It's painful to read that Boondock, everyone here can relate on one level or another.

I'm in the NW3 region myself, and i know it just downright sucks and can make you feel so down sometimes, but i don't think becoming a monk or buddhist is the real answer. They sacrifice their lives for something that doesn't exist (or does depending on your beliefs) and don't develop their true potential as a rational thinking human. I think it's far more worth while to devote your life to yourself and get the best out of it that you can. Losing our hair is bound to bring us down and make us feel hopeless, but there are still other alternatives if medication doens't do it. If you can get away with a hair piece system, then go for it and live on your life as if it weren't there.

@s.a.f
I live everyday just thinking "If only I could go back to early hairloss knowing then what I know now".
What would it be that you wish you knew?

Nene

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Nene said:
Boondock said:

I agree with you SAF. This is why I've recently decided to no longer consider myself Catholic. I'm following buddhism more as a spiritual way of life so I can live humbly and peacefully, not so much as a way to worship God. I'm open to the idea of God existing but I'm not convinced either way and I don't believe any specific religion has the answers.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Draco88 said:
@s.a.f
I live everyday just thinking "If only I could go back to early hairloss knowing then what I know now".
What would it be that you wish you knew?

Basicly by the time I discoverd finasteride was available (about 2002) I was already NW5 so too far gone. Then I had 3 sh!tty hair transplant's in the UK.
So If I had the chance again I'd have got on finasteride early and gone to one of the worlds best hair transplant surgeons. Had I done that I doubt that I'd even be on here. I know I'd still have hair insecurites but they'd be about 15% of what they are now.
Young guys on here dont realise how lucky they are, us guys who lost their hair in the 1990's and before had to deal with this with no support (no internet at the time) and no real treatments.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Young guys on here dont realise how lucky they are, us guys who lost their hair in the 1990's and before had to deal with this with no support (no internet at the time) and no real treatments.
This is exactly how it happened and I fall in the same category. We were completely helpless. My dermatologist made it clear to me (it was even before 1990) that I can do no more than slow down by a little the process with no real benefits in the long term. I just decided to live with and here I am with a glorious NW6-7 :mrgreen:.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Basicly by the time I discoverd finasteride was available (about 2002) I was already NW5 so too far gone. Then I had 3 sh!tty hair transplant's in the UK.
So If I had the chance again I'd have got on finasteride early and gone to one of the worlds best hair transplant surgeons. Had I done that I doubt that I'd even be on here. I know I'd still have hair insecurites but they'd be about 15% of what they are now.
Ah i see then. I actually first heard about finasteride some 3-4 years ago on 'the Amazing Race' show, the guy and girl who won the million dollars in the end, well the guy made a comment along the lines of "now i can buy as much propecia as i want" which i assumed had something to do with hair since he had quite deep temples (and he ruffled his hair)..didn't look too much into it back then but here i am now taking it.

I actually found a small post-it note a few months ago from that time, with the word 'propecia' scribbled onto it, reminding me to research into it since i partly knew i was losing hair at the time (yet not really caring since it wasn't even remotely obvious). Kinda wish i actually did look into it and started it earlier, but i was 18 at the time and apparently it's not good to take it at such an age.

Boondock

Reaction score
Draco88 said:
s.a.f said:
Ah i see then. I actually first heard about finasteride some 3-4 years ago on 'the Amazing Race' show, the guy and girl who won the million dollars in the end, well the guy made a comment along the lines of "now i can buy as much propecia as i want" which i assumed had something to do with hair since he had quite deep temples..didn't look too much into it back then but here i am now taking it.

:woot:

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^hehe yeah that would be nice hey ;)

But with a million dollars, i think i'd rather invest in a hair transplant with a credible doctor(?).

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
^^hehe yeah that would be nice hey ;)

But with a million dollars, i think i'd rather invest in a hair transplant with a credible doctor(?).
Credible or not, today's hair transplant is far from ideal solution for many men. If you have got one million dollars, better invest in cryonics. But don't forget to tell them to wake you up in 200 years when bioengineering and nanomedicine will have a radical solution to male pattern baldness. :mrgreen: :punk:

Boondock

Reaction score
Why didn't I think of this solution? Who needs reincarnation when you can freeze yourself until HM is available? I bet CCS would be keen to join me in this.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Boon, I think if you had an attractive girlfriend who likes you just the way you are would detour alot of your negative attitude toward yourself. Secondly, you need to find something productive you can give back to society that would make a positive difference on people's lives. It will keep you occupied enough to not dwell on your own problems. When you see how so many people have it just as bad as you if not worse then you will feel more comfortable in your own shoes. I think you use this forum as a shell of safety or like a "crutch" as we all accept you even with your hair loss. I know that feeling because I have used this forum for the same reason. You have become popular amongst the posters on here and that should feel good. I think you are very creative and witty with your writing skills so why not use those on a dating site and in a chatroom and impress some ladies. I think your personality will win over alot of women on there too like it has on here. I have done this myself and become very popular on the dating site and find my time spent here has decreased massively. And when I say popular, I mean that it in good way and not in a high school type of way. I still enjoy this forum similar to how I enjoy watching my favorite TV shows and favorite foods. This place can be very entertaining and comforting all at the same time. I get into a "funk" occasionally too just like you are in one now. But the good news is eventually you will meet the right people who eventually will help you out of this "funk" and the new Boonie will emerge and be born. Forget about reincarnation and try to re-invent yourself. Start diverting your negative energy into a positive one and you will definitely learn to like what you see in the mirror and realize that the cards you were dealt in life still can make you a winner if you want to be one.