Anyone else think reincarnation is the only answer?

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^Spot on. And i'll vouch for the personality traits, you do seem like a well rounded guy Boondock and there are definitely women out there who look beyond physical appearances, just have to search really hard for them.

@joshua
Care to elaborate on this a little more? Where did you read that? Thanks
I remember reading that somewhere on this forum..something about our bodies still developing(?). Might be false though.

Boondock

Reaction score
I totally agree House, I just feel like I'm in limbo right now in my life.

I actually had a girl not long before I got on this site (hair loss wasn't quite so bad then, admittedly), so it is possible - even though she had marked personality defects.

I could probably even get one now...although if I become a mid-20s NW5 in a couple of years it will be tougher for me.

In the short term, my difficulty is that I'm not going to be in a fixed place for long. I'm likely to be travelling around for the next 10 months or so (with breaks, of course), so getting on a dating site just seems impractical for me. I'd meet up with a chick and the next thing I know I'm in Beijing for 3 months.

And in fairness, I do make myself out to be a bigger loser on this site than I actually am. If you saw my resume you'd probably think I had a lot going for me. I'm not too worried in terms of achieving things life-wise.

But hair loss is getting in the way, not because it's beaten me, but precisely because it hasn't.

If it was like losing a limb in an accident, I'd grieve, adjust, and move on. But hair loss isn't like that, at least not for me. There's always something else I can throw at it, something else to try, some new hope of defeating the thing.

I've been playing that game for a long time now, and I'm fed up of it. It's pretty much why I've got to the 'wig it or lose it' stage in my hair loss battle. I see young guys with wigs who manage it well, and I want to find out if I could be one of them. Life is short, and if I could pull this off and look (and feel) good about it, it'd be a solution for me. If not, I will have to shave and adjust. Either way, I want to get out of this hair loss purgatory I'm in...I'm just not there yet.

Boondock

Reaction score
joshua said:
Draco88 said:
@joshua
Care to elaborate on this a little more? Where did you read that? Thanks
I remember reading that somewhere on this forum..something about our bodies still developing(?). Might be false though.
Alright, I wondered because I took finasteride at 19 and it f*cked me up completely.

And Boondock, I agree you seem like a cool guy. I enjoy reading your posts.

Just don't rip off Gunner's stories ever again :innocent:

Ha, I see it less a ripping off as a continuing development.

Aristotle came after Plato, Einstein came after Newton, Jesus came after God...that sort of thing.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Reincarnation is as much of a crock of hsit as HM, which makes this one life we have all the more depressing.

Nene

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Reincarnation is as much of a crock of hsit as HM, which makes this one life we have all the more depressing.

Life is what you make it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If I had complete control over life I would be a millionaire by now. Some things are in your control and some things are out of your control.

Nene

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
If I had complete control over life I would be a millionaire by now. Some things are in your control and some things are out of your control.

I hear you, I'm not saying you can control your life. I'm saying you can control how you feel about your life and you can make the best of it with what you're given. Obviously losing hair sucks but we just have to find other things to focus on to make us happy. UC man, in your case I would just think of my daughter. For me, when I'm down, I think of my little sister and just try to appreciate simple things like having good health or enjoying the sunshine on a nice day.