Anyone else considering totally checking out of society?

resu

Reaction score
Body hair transplants only work if you buzzed the hair, it wouldn't be an issue for me to buzz the hair as long as you would not read it as me being bald. If I won the lottery an hair transplant would be the first step, then think about future repairs because an hair transplant only gives you some years with hair.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Body hair transplants only work if you buzzed the hair, it wouldn't be an issue for me to buzz the hair as long as you would not read it as me being bald. If I won the lottery an hair transplant would be the first step, then think about future repairs because an hair transplant only gives you some years with hair.

This is false though. That depends on how long someone has been balding and at what stage their at. If a guy started balding at 20 and is at NW3 by 35... well then, an hair transplant is going to give him a lot more than 'some' years.

resu

Reaction score
This is false though. That depends on how long someone has been balding and at what stage their at. If a guy started balding at 20 and is at NW3 by 35... well then, an hair transplant is going to give him a lot more than 'some' years.

Only if you're on finasteride/minoxidil can you make that claim, you're never safe and you don't know how things will progress or slow down, my dad stayed a NW2 1/2 for decades, only at 55 did his crown start to thin and never took any meds for hair loss, he still has denser hair than a lot of people here.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it's better to do nothing and just remain a bald and shiny NW5 because there's a chance that one day you'll become NW6?

This is just another irrational excuse not to take action and wallow in your misery.

Problem is... even minoxidil and finasteride fails to work for some guys... THATS when hair loss starts to suck.

BTW, Fred, are you taking finasteride?

resu

Reaction score
So it's better to do nothing and just remain a bald and shiny NW5 because there's a chance that one day you'll become NW6?

This is just another irrational excuse not to take action and wallow in your misery. I'm used to seeing these excuses on all the forums.

- But your need to be on finasteride to have a hair transplant!
- But you need to be at least 30 to have a hair transplant!
- But minoxidil gives you wrinkles! I read it on the forums!
- But a hair transplant isn't permanent, someone said so on the forums!
- But concealers are addictive and a pain to apply, I don't want to...
- But I don't have the money!
- But a hair transplant won't give you full coverage so what's the point?

And it goes on and on. To all these, I would just reply: "OK fine, you don't want to be helped, just stay miserable if it suits you."

No, I just meant that unless you're full on bald like you, there's always going to be lost ground to Androgenetic Alopecia in the future because we're not medically able to actually stop it. It can be a bad investment because you may lose a lot of ground and now you have a weird pattern because the transplanted hairs stayed but the rest kept on miniaturizing, hence why you see guys sporting a shaved head with a FUT scar.

If I did a hair transplant it would have to be pilofocus, all the nape hairs gone to the widows peak, all the hairs on the back of the neck gone to the top, etc. I would try and recreate an earlier stage of my natural Norwood pattern instead of doing the thick hairline everything else thin but this is daydreaming and I don't daydream.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I just meant that unless you're full on bald like you, there's always going to be lost ground to Androgenetic Alopecia in the future because we're not medically able to actually stop it. It can be a bad investment because you may lose a lot of ground and now you have a weird pattern because the transplanted hairs stayed but the rest kept on miniaturizing, hence why you see guys sporting a shaved head with a FUT scar.

If I did a hair transplant it would have to be pilofocus, all the nape hairs gone to the widows peak, all the hairs on the back of the neck gone to the top, etc. I would try and recreate an earlier stage of my natural Norwood pattern instead of doing the thick hairline everything else thin but this is daydreaming and I don't daydream.

If you're on finasteride you can have a hair transplant early as it will prevent further loss behind the receding line. Even if you lose ground a little, you can touch up with further hair transplant's. It's a winning combo for most people.

I do know what you mean about hair transplant making you look like a freak with further loss, I seen some older guys with a strip at the front and rest bald. These were days without finasteride though.

Fred's right, any positive action beats doing nothing. Not aiming at you, just randoms on forum who do nothing but moan.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought that it would be a bad idea to respond to her post, especially because I was tired and have poor explanation skills. I was just trying to say that it would be better to cure the hairloss of people in their teens and twenties so that they can at least enjoy their hair then. Not to mention that hairloss can lead to depresion and that is bad for your education. But I understand that life goes on after your thirties.

Anyway I don't understand why you say that I see you as disposable. A lot of people see me as disposable and that makes me sad. So because of that I would never ever see someone as disposable.

Also about the ship thing. Idk if I would take the boat, either I will get scared by the thoughts of dying in cold water or I just wouldn't care anymore and Just let myself die.

I am sorry of this caused any form of offense.

2bald2young, I can't fault you for being honest about the ship thing, and I do apologize for asking you such a question,most peoples convictions don't run so deep when they're young. Your mature beyond your years,and your answer made me feel sad, your truly a good person,don't change man,.
I remember being bald once I was younger and I would truly give up my hair to see you all enjoy your youths again,that's the way things should be when your young, you should be carefree and live life to its fullest.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
just randoms on forum who do nothing but moan.

You act like anything is possible with enough will. How naieve. Just becuase there is a will doesnt mean there is a way. Like levatation or telekenisis. If you cant float you just arent tring hard enough and must ultimately be weak, right?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
You act like anything is possible with enough will. How naieve. Just becuase there is a will doesnt mean there is a way. Like levatation or telekenisis. If you cant float you just arent tring hard enough and must ultimately be weak, right?

If you can't find a way through something, find a way around it. Acceptance, wig e.t.c. We all are pissed off with hair loss on here, just some let it define them and succumb to it - that's weak. Hellouser is pretty angry about hair loss but look at the effort he makes with research and trying random meds? Point is he is immersing himself into something.

Fred mentioned in the past about reading books or finding a hobby. Yeah I know you may always take it back to hair loss but you gotta try otherwise may as well be dead if nothing is giving you happiness whatsoever. Retrain the mind.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Please know you're wrong. That density looks like my pubes. Thats not NW7 to NW1. Hair is really thin.

No it isn't. And that was only first procedure out of two. You could theoretically get it three times and thick and use deep conditioner and chemically straighten the hair. I personally think the hairline is too aggressive and should of been a NW2 but there we go.

- - - Updated - - -

That is so, so right. The worst thing about hair loss is being so helpless. If there was something I could do to fix my hair loss, no matter how hard, I would do it. Sadly there is nothing left for me to try as I've already done Rogaine, oral spironolactone and even Finasteride. I have also tried to get my hands on Dutasteride but no luck, the pills have been stopped at customs like 5 times. Fat people can simply get off their *** and do something about it, while bald people watch helplessly while their hair evaporates. Being fat is self inflicted while being bald is simply out of our hands.

- - - Updated - - -

It probably IS his pubes too, you know. LOL.

Yeah that's right take the mickey out of someone who was bald and did something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you tripping?

- - - Updated - - -

I think generally hair transplant is better for diffuse thinners rather than receeders, you can just spend money thickening up your existing area.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
No it isn't. And that was only first procedure out of two. You could theoretically get it three times and thick and use deep conditioner and chemically straighten the hair. I personally think the hairline is too aggressive and should of been a NW2 but there we go.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's right take the mickey out of someone who was bald and did something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you tripping?

- - - Updated - - -

I think generally hair transplant is better for diffuse thinners rather than receeders, you can just spend money thickening up your existing area.

I think it's more risky for diffuse thinners if done too early, due to shock loss.

Ryath

Reaction score
Only if you're on finasteride/minoxidil can you make that claim, you're never safe and you don't know how things will progress or slow down, my dad stayed a NW2 1/2 for decades, only at 55 did his crown start to thin and never took any meds for hair loss, he still has denser hair than a lot of people here.

hair Loss is dependant of follicule sensitivity to hormone if he donor zone isnt sensite to androgens you dont get hair Loss for a hair transplant is the remaining hair that goes thining if they are sensitive to androgen that the reason behind surge ons to counseling on using finasteride, androgen sensitive is too variable people have finasteride reponding zone some other people dont there is not way to know

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Fred is lucky. For every fred their are forty disaster stories. I've seen some doll heads.

- - - Updated - - -

But more on topic, I am looking forward to playing Dying Light at the end of the month. Gonna get lost in that shiz.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't find a way through something, find a way around it. Acceptance, wig e.t.c. We all are pissed off with hair loss on here, just some let it define them and succumb to it - that's weak. Hellouser is pretty angry about hair loss but look at the effort he makes with research and trying random meds? Point is he is immersing himself into something.

Fred mentioned in the past about reading books or finding a hobby. Yeah I know you may always take it back to hair loss but you gotta try otherwise may as well be dead if nothing is giving you happiness whatsoever. Retrain the mind.

I have accepted my baldness. What I will not accept is that my baldness makes me less of a person, contrary to what society asserts. I have hobbies that I enjoy, but that doesn't detract from the fact that I still have to go out into the world like this and endure chuckles and sneers. Retraining my mind to do what? Going bald opens your eyes to certain realities that cant be unlearned, only worked around at best. anyone who writes me off due to hairloss is a shallow superficial a**h**. It's a logically true statement or affirmation that I can always defer to but ynow, it just isnt enough to know you are in the right, when everyone else is so wrong. Ultimately you just want to belong and not be branded an outcast. The problem is retraining your mind or trying to brainwash yourself with positivity wont change how other people see you. It doesnt change the underlying root of the social problem with baldness. Going bald changes the way people percieve you usually in a negative way unless they themselves are bald.that is a reality that you are going to have to contend with rather than succumb to because ultimately you have no control over what other people think. That doesnt make you weak, just a victim of circumstance.That and the nature of baldness is a persistant one in that you are always reminded of your shortcoming which is a constant thorn in your side.

shookwun

Reaction score
Fred is lucky. For every fred their are forty disaster stories. I've seen some doll heads.

- - - Updated - - -

But more on topic, I am looking forward to playing Dying Light at the end of the month. Gonna get lost in that shiz.

- - - Updated - - -

I have accepted my baldness. What I will not accept is that my baldness makes me less of a person, contrary to what society asserts. I have hobbies that I enjoy, but that doesn't detract from the fact that I still have to go out into the world like this and endure chuckles and sneers. Retraining my mind to do what? Going bald opens your eyes to certain realities that cant be unlearned, only worked around at best. anyone who writes me off due to hairloss is a shallow superficial a**h**. It's a logically true statement or affirmation that I can always defer to but ynow, it just isnt enough to know you are in the right, when everyone else is so wrong. Ultimately you just want to belong and not be branded an outcast. The problem is retraining your mind or trying to brainwash yourself with positivity wont change how other people see you. It doesnt change the underlying root of the social problem with baldness. Going bald changes the way people percieve you usually in a negative way unless they themselves are bald.that is a reality that you are going to have to contend with rather than succumb to because ultimately you have no control over what other people think. That doesnt make you weak, just a victim of circumstance.That and the nature of baldness is a persistant one in that you are always reminded of your shortcoming which is a constant thorn in your side.

[video=youtube;7YGjuRYEguI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGjuRYEguI[/video]

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

so much truth . . . . .

lkm370

Established Member
Reaction score
Reading this thread only makes me more depressed. Maybe its time that I just ended it all. Lets face it, I'm an ugly BALD old man now

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading this thread only makes me more depressed. Maybe its time that I just ended it all. Lets face it, I'm an ugly BALD old man now
even though you said i was dumb as **** in my thread i still dont want you to kill yourself.

what norwood are you? have you been using meds?

try calling a suicide hotline man, they are on 24/7.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score

Don't kill yourself.
And don't ****ing call the suicide hotline. I've called those quite a few times most useless ****, half the time the person picking up on the otherside doesn't even care.
heres a post i posted on another forum about depression. seeing as i am suffering from clinical depression on anti depressants/anti-psychotics, I know what its like to feel worthless

Coming from someone who has suffered depression and is still suffering depression aka have attempted suicide (survived), the things you do or should do to start feeling better, start feeling positive again (i think this is a big one, trying to change a negative thought process/negative mindset) and just feeling better as a person (not hopeless, worthless, empty, etc) is 1) definitely seek professional advice. For anyone who is going through periods of feeling down/depressed/sad, you should definitely go see your doctor and see what he/she recommends. I also would recommend seeing a counselor and a psychiatrist (I am still seeing both), as it gives you an avenue to let your feelings of **** out to someone who is professionally trained into helping you get out of such a **** state.

yeah **** happens when your depressed and dont worry its normal to cry when you feel ****. You could possibly try antidepressants (I'm also on), and it has made me feel 'less' suicidal and as a result im slowly regaining my confidence/self-esteem. Also read somewhere above that someone has been cutting their hand, yeah it SUCKS but the alternative as they mentioned is suicide. And yeah I still contemplate about suicide all the time, but realistically having seen what it does to friends and family of the individual who committed suicide, why put your friends and family through that.. Its a way out but also as stupid as this sounds but you only live once and yeah obviously most of us are born with imperfections and flaws and are placed in **** situations sometimes which makes us feel down and not wanting to live life anymore, but you should view it as 1 day at a time, working on establishing a positive mindset, motivate yourself to do stuff and yeah its hard but believe me things do get better.. Its not the end of the world.. Just be glad you're not living in Africa or some other poverty-striken location. We are ****ing lucky as it is to live in an open and free society, many a place are ****ed up yet we are fortunate to live where we are.

Also anti-depressant medication might work for you (im on some), it'll hopefully reduce your suicidal ideations/thoughts/attempts, and overall just neutralized your bad feelings (although it doesnt make you feel good). I wouldn't exactly recommend anti-depressants, but **** man if anyone here is seriously contemplating suicide/can't take any longer, get on it its better than doing nothing. Thats another thing about feeling depressed/alone/sad, being PROACTIVE distracts your mind from your depression. So what I can say is that you should try to preoccupy yourself with activities and events that you enjoy, and better yourself for it. Like for example I've started exercising 4-5 times a week at this circuit class at a gym, and besides the physical gains and benefits from doing regular exercise, I distract myself from feeling depressed and overall I feel better after these classes. I think the biggest problem about feeling depressed (for me anyway), is trying to motivate myself to do things because I feel I am worthless/failure/etc and as a result I just don't have the motivation to do things that I once enjoyed such as going out, socializing, etc. Keeping yourself preoccupied with things you enjoy or just things will challenge you I guarantee will make you less depressed.

Ff you have been depressed for a while it takes TIME to re-adjust your neurotransmitters in your brain because they have been rewired to have such a negative thought process. So my psychiatrist tells me everytime I get a negative thought, I should acknowledge that its a negative thought, and from that I can dismiss it and question whether or not such a view was valid or not. And because you are depressed, you are more likely to have LOTS of negative thoughts, so yeah its ****ing hard to deal with, but most of the time, the negative thoughts in your head are just exactly that, negative thoughts coming from you, not from someone else. So by focusing on removing these negative thoughts slowly, you'll be a better person because of it, and feeling negative all the time definitely has a major impact on your self-esteem/self confidence. You might be in a social situation where theres a pretty girl whos looking at you but you tell yourself in your head that she thinks your scum, and that theres no point going over to talk to her, even though she might actually be looking at you because she thinks you're attractive and want you to talk to her. Its all in your head.

But as I said 1 step at a time.
1. Go see your local doctor
2. If your doctor recommends go see a psychiatrist to get an evaluation of your mental health/state
3. I would recommend seeing a counselor (free for me so its win win situation really)
4. If the psychiatrist recommends possibly start taking antidepressants
5. Work on your negative thought patterns and eliminate them slowly
6. Do regular physical exercise and eat properly (Diet is so ****ing important)
7. Keep yourself preoccupied. The lack of things to do will make you more ****ing depressed