Anyone else considering totally checking out of society?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm a NW4, though mild. My pattern started with temple recession which is now major, went through major frontal recession (so I basically have almost nothing left on my forehead), and my recent stable state added mild vertex thinning. Until now the thinning of the vertex is too weak to be very noticeable though, but I'm going through a shed in that area now (since I recently added finasteride to my minoxidil regimen) so I'll see how it looks in 2 to 3 weeks from now.

I basically look like a mix of this and this guy, hair-wise obviously, not face-wise (hair in this photo is pretty close to mine right now). And in case anyone's wondering, unfortunately I don't have enough facial hair to pull off a hipster look or a major beard, even though I'd like to and it would be an improvement. I try to grow my hair out and basically do a comb-to-sides, which works more or less well.

As I said, I recently got a new job even though I was competing against some low NWs. And while my dating life is affected (not that easy to pull hot chicks as before, obviously), I can't complain about a dry spell either and I consider my current partner sufficiently attractive. (indeed quite above myself if you really want to use a points scale, but again not surprising given the state of my hair - point I'm trying to make: hair is a very big factor, but not everything).

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I said before, different people deal with hair loss differently. It hasn't affected my academic performance, nor my job performance, nor my ability to enjoy media. Some people on here should really accept that their own opinion is not the "truth" but just how they deal with things.

And the thing is: If you think this pessimisticly and have a negative attitude towards everything, then of course you will not seem attractive to the opposite sex (your mind is set on "I shouldnt even try" or on "I dont stand a chance anyway" - wont make for any good flirting) nor will you progress academically or professionally. Your a-priori assumption determines the outcome. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I know that hair loss affects other's peoples perception of me, but I just do my thing nonetheless. And the outcome is definitely much, much better than if I just resigned. Not as good as it would be with hair, but still much better than if I had UCman's attitude. I have accepted it wont be as easy for me as with hair, but still make the most of my situation. And as I said, I am perfectly happy with my life except for my hair.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I respect uncomfortable man a lot because I think he is one of the few people on here who actually understands the true horror of real baldness. He has been through it all, but still standing and we should respect him for it instead of bashing him. I understand a lot of his negativity because I live it too. If I could give a hair loss cure to one individual on here (aside myself) it would be you UCman :)

I am very tired atm, but still I feel the need to respond to this. Because I look at the comment and think, why would you choose someone and then be happy about it? Basically on this forum there are tons of people whose lives are highly damaged by hair loss. If a being came to me and said choose one of the forum members and I will cure him, I would pretty much think but what about the rest? I have to fingerpoint someone and f*** the rest?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
... Toms is a NW1, NW1.5 at most with BDD. Just saying.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very tired atm, but still I feel the need to respond to this. Because I look at the comment and think, why would you choose someone and then be happy about it? Damn*it that feels just very well heartless to read. Basically on this forum there are tons of people whose lives are highly damaged by hair loss. If a being came to me and said choose one of the forum members and I will cure him, I would pretty much think but what about the rest? I have to fingerpoint someone and f*** the rest?

And why UCman, why not someone who can still be saved from this horror like Toms?

I disagree with your comment,it's like a sinking ship argument, children should be the last to sink, then women, than men. It's this pecking order mentality which really pisses me off about society,as a norwood 6,thanks for letting people like UC man and me know were as disposable as a one ply *** wipe!

- - - Updated - - -

On the above subject 2bald2young, I bet if we were on a sinking ship and you had the option of being the first to be rescued or possibly be the last rescued and drown in freezing cold artic water you'd pick the first choice without hesitation,this is humanity my friend,live with it!

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
If baldness can't be cured, then no one, male or female, should even start to thin until AT LEAST middle age. You guys (and EvilLocks) in your teens and 20s have been dealt a very big blow in your lives way too soon. My opinion.

Alopecia is a common medical condition, so it doesn't surprise me that I got it. And I'd understand if I was well into my years and having hair loss start, but I just don't understand why I've got to be dealing with male pattern baldness at my age cause I'm not that old.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I had to pick who gets hair first on this forum, I'd pick everyone under 30. At least those of us who lose hair later (40s and up) had our youth and good times with no hair worries and were able to look our best. Those years go by way too fast, believe me. Hope my derm at Yale has something positive to tell me next month to bring back to you guys (yeah, right).

If I got to pick who gets hair, I will pick everyone.

No one deserves hair loss, no one​.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I disagree with your comment,it's like a sinking ship argument, children should be the last to sink, then women, than men. It's this pecking order mentality which really pisses me off about society,as a norwood 6,thanks for letting people like UC man and me know were as disposable as a one ply *** wipe!

- - - Updated - - -

On the above subject 2bald2young, I bet if we were on a sinking ship and you had the option of being the first to be rescued or possibly be the last rescued and drown in freezing cold artic water you'd pick the first choice without hesitation,this is humanity my friend,live with it!

I thought that it would be a bad idea to respond to her post, especially because I was tired and have poor explanation skills. I was just trying to say that it would be better to cure the hairloss of people in their teens and twenties so that they can at least enjoy their hair then. Not to mention that hairloss can lead to depresion and that is bad for your education. But I understand that life goes on after your thirties.

Anyway I don't understand why you say that I see you as disposable. A lot of people see me as disposable and that makes me sad. So because of that I would never ever see someone as disposable.

Also about the ship thing. Idk if I would take the boat, either I will get scared by the thoughts of dying in cold water or I just wouldn't care anymore and Just let myself die.

I am sorry of this caused any form of offense.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I am very tired atm, but still I feel the need to respond to this. Because I look at the comment and think, why would you choose someone and then be happy about it? Basically on this forum there are tons of people whose lives are highly damaged by hair loss. If a being came to me and said choose one of the forum members and I will cure him, I would pretty much think but what about the rest? I have to fingerpoint someone and f*** the rest?

You are forgetting that it's not like I have the luxury to pick someone or grant him (or her) with hair, although that would be cool if I did. I said if I could give one person hair it would be UCman, but that doesn't mean I think the rest are undeserving of hair either. Of course if I could give everyone hair I would, but sadly I can't do that. I just feel like UCman is one of the people who hair loss hit the hardest, therefore I picked him, but of course it was just an example.

shookwun

Reaction score
Granted baldness sucks at any age, nothing compares to starting in your teens. Pre mature baldness is the hardest thing to deal with, instead of playing sports, meeting women, attending social gathering you're constantly left basing your decisions on the security of your hair. Constantly reminded that you're young, but old at the same time. It almost forces you to mature, because of the stigma, presentation of how it looks, and how people act towards you. It makes you feel unattractive, and the mirror is a constant reminder of where life is headed towards. As I said earlier, everything becomes much more difficult. male pattern baldness becomes a crutch towards everything, and how people act towards you. Everything physically and socially becomes held by resistance.

Hate to patronize people over hair loss, but unless you started loosing hair during teenage-hood, then quite frankly you know **** all about the devastation hair has on life. We only have one prime, and it goes fast. I started balding at 16, and was a full blown Norwood by 17-18. Approaching a NW3 at 22. Hair loss is what fueled me to start making lot's of money to afford a hair transplant, and get in the best shape of my life. Their were days where I looked in the mirror, and became discouraged, and even fealt bad about myself. But deep down inside I constantly had the fire the next day, all though it was a roller coaster ride of emotions, I pulled through. Countless nights of hair loss basing the outcome of not going out, and working out, because I fealt terrible about myself. Iv'e been through it all!

Hair loss has made me suffer many missed opportunities in life.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, 2bald2young. Everyone offends or gets offended at one time or another, here and throughout life. That will happen till the day you die. Agustin, I picked 30 because, being older than everyone here, I've lived through teens, 20s, 30s and 40s, and those years, for me, before 30 were when I was dating (except during a three-year unhappy marriage) and partying, whereas by 32 I was in a different place. That's not to say everyone's life turns out the same; I'm just talking about mine. No one deserves hair loss (except those who make fun of baldies), but I'm just saying if nothing's ever going to stop it, then I'd just wish at least everyone under 30 had their hair, at the very least.

I think I am partly Canadian, I always apologize for most things :p.

But you are happily married now, right??? I hope so, you know. :)

You are forgetting that it's not like I have the luxury to pick someone or grant him (or her) with hair, although that would be cool if I did. I said if I could give one person hair it would be UCman, but that doesn't mean I think the rest are undeserving of hair either. Of course if I could give everyone hair I would, but sadly I can't do that. I just feel like UCman is one of the people who hair loss hit the hardest, therefore I picked him, but of course it was just an example.

No no no no, I said it wrong, the post was not really aimed at you. I meant that at school or in tv programs I sometimes see a group of people and that then there is one person that has to choose one person out of the group and that person will be very happy then. And when he chooses one, he all acts like he has done the best thing in the words and doesn't give a s*** about the disappointment of others. It just reminded me of that nothing more.

If I got to pick who gets hair, I will pick everyone.

No one deserves hair loss, no one​.

The hair loss demon deserved it to know how it feels, imo.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
she was rolling back and forth on an ab ball....... plus havent seen her since, I think that little adventure ended if it ever truly started. She wasnt gross fat. She was young so she was really thick with shape. She didnt have the cottage cheese lumps everywhere because her skin was still tight enough to hold it in. Nothing I personally would pursue but not awful. Give it 5 years and she'll be a mess if she doesnt get back there and roll on that ball a little harder.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

- - - Updated - - -

Be aware of a fat girls hiding in the shade, like a predator, waiting for good looking men to get wasted.
DOUBLE LOLL

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Id grab one here and there in my day. They are fun and usually know the drill. Im not talking gross but thick. I dont mind a thick girl but AS SOON as it looks like yogurt in a nylon Im tapping out like a camel clutch victim.

Usually have pretty big chests to. BUT NOTHING is worse than a bigger girl with ZERO breasts. Just weird looking.

Girls like this were usually my limit. But they were young so again their skin was tight and held everything in.

city+chic+tankini.jpg

Completely agree, nothing worse than a flat chested fat girl. If they are not slim it is essential they have big breasts to compensate.

- - - Updated - - -

come on man, its thousands of dollars for a hair transplant

Save up. I managed it and I'm not rich.

- - - Updated - - -

Fat people are fat by their own doing. Unless they have some kind of glandular problem, they're fat because they eat junk and they're physically inactive to burn off excess calories. This in turn is also a sign of LAZINESS which is a big turn off. More over, even if someone were fat but couldnt get rid of the pounds, at least they have surgical options. We as bald men have NOTHING. There has never been a case of a single man completely reversing his NW6/NW7 bald head back to a full density NW1 status...

But the equivalent problem for fat people has been resolved countless times.

This will sound pathetic; but I'd love to have a condition where I can at least do something about.

However, bald men ARE disrespected and hated on... this isn't some kind of myth. Forums like HairLossTalk.com, BTT, HLH, etc. are a testament to that as we acknowledge the need for a solution to this disease. It's all about social acceptance and we're not getting it due to hair loss. It's that simple and theres NO debating this either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDih4eXPTg

NW7 to Norwood 1 ..there you go. Your welcome

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDih4eXPTg

NW7 to Norwood 1 ..there you go. Your welcome

Please know you're wrong. That density looks like my pubes. Thats not NW7 to NW1. Hair is really thin.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"But you are happily married now, right??? I hope so, you know." :)

Yes, I am, thx. (-: I know things are going to change, though, when I need that wig that's sitting in a box. I've always told my husband I feel bad for guys whose wives are thin when they marry them and then they have a kids and never lose all the weight and stay fat. At least they have more hair than I do, something out of my control. I think I'd rather be fat than bald.

Joan, you are just too hard for yourself, it is not like you asked for hairloss :(. I would just hide that box out if sight for as long as possible. Idk, if you are fat at least you know that you can always do something about it and that the situation is not out of your control, you can always lose weight, you know. Unlike hair loss, that is just out of control and you just have to watch helplessly everyday how it slowly goes away. But seriously, I prefer a kind wife with hairloss (like you ;) ) then someone who let's herself get fat only because she thinks I have kids and I am married anyway.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Idk, if you are fat at least you know that you can always do something about it and that the situation is not out of your control, you can always lose weight, you know. Unlike hair loss, that is just out of control and you just have to watch helplessly everyday how it slowly goes away.

That is so, so right. The worst thing about hair loss is being so helpless. If there was something I could do to fix my hair loss, no matter how hard, I would do it. Sadly there is nothing left for me to try as I've already done Rogaine, oral spironolactone and even Finasteride. I have also tried to get my hands on Dutasteride but no luck, the pills have been stopped at customs like 5 times. Fat people can simply get off their *** and do something about it, while bald people watch helplessly while their hair evaporates. Being fat is self inflicted while being bald is simply out of our hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Please know you're wrong. That density looks like my pubes. Thats not NW7 to NW1. Hair is really thin.

It probably IS his pubes too, you know. LOL.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is so, so right. The worst thing about hair loss is being so helpless. If there was something I could do to fix my hair loss, no matter how hard, I would do it. Sadly there is nothing left for me to try as I've already done Rogaine, oral spironolactone and even Finasteride. I have also tried to get my hands on Dutasteride but no luck, the pills have been stopped at customs like 5 times. Fat people can simply get off their *** and do something about it, while bald people watch helplessly while their hair evaporates. Being fat is self inflicted while being bald is simply out of our hands.

- - - Updated - - -

It probably IS his pubes too, you know. LOL.

LOL. Doesn't pubic hair grow all curly due to its awkward placement under the skin? If so, that would be some nice terminal hairs to use on the scalp if it grew straight... my crotch is like a jungle. NW1 transformation!!!