Any Results with Lipogaine as a Hair Loss Treatment?

ponder

Reaction score
Little uppdate:

It looks like this thread is dead, if no one bothered to spend time reply I won't bother post any more updates.

Oh please, do post more updates! I've been checking this thread now and then as I've started lipogaine myself the past 2 weeks, too soon to tell but I would be glad to contribute, as well.

struggle

Reaction score
Im considering Lipogaine because of the quality ingredients, but god knows if its doing something extra at all compared to the cheapo minoxidils.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on this for close to a month. Second week in started shedding hair big time although the hair that I still have looks thicker. Looking forward to the next bottle.

hhmiK

Reaction score
Here is my latest shot:
CameraZOOM-20130403124053869.jpg

It looks like the baby hair is growing taller, and a little bit darker.
I have read that the baby hair growing might stop after 8 months and stay at that level till you discontinue, so I really don't have big expectations.
But I am very exited that it grows that much in frontal baldness, but they are barely visible yet.

I want to share with you my updated list of remedy I use for my hair:
It might look like I use all day and all my money, but I don't.

Every morning:
Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo, (When I have long hair)
RegenePure DR Shampoo (When I have short hair)
1 Tablet: Solgar Biotin 1000mcg*
1 Tablet: Solgar Folate 800mcg*
1 Tablet Solgar B komplex med C vitamin*
* I Think it is important to drink alot of water when taking vitamins.
And I have read that B vitamins won't have bad side effects at these levels.

Every morning and 30-60 min before bed:
Lipogaine for Men: Minoxidil

30-60 min before bed:
S5 Cream (Frontal)

A few times a week:
Procyte Tricomin Solution Follicle Therapy Spray

As mention earlier; I will continue update as people spend time reply this thread!

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairline is still jacked up and hasn't been easy to fix. I think I'm making progress though.

Reaction score
I did try this ish , i had a severe allergic reaction to this. never again.

riloal

Reaction score
ohmanohno, you are really progressing, are you still shedding? Keep us updated, thanks

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my latest shot:
View attachment 19814

It looks like the baby hair is growing taller, and a little bit darker.
I have read that the baby hair growing might stop after 8 months and stay at that level till you discontinue, so I really don't have big expectations.
But I am very exited that it grows that much in frontal baldness, but they are barely visible yet.

I want to share with you my updated list of remedy I use for my hair:
It might look like I use all day and all my money, but I don't.

Every morning:
Lipogaine Big 3 Shampoo, (When I have long hair)
RegenePure DR Shampoo (When I have short hair)
1 Tablet: Solgar Biotin 1000mcg*
1 Tablet: Solgar Folate 800mcg*
1 Tablet Solgar B komplex med C vitamin*
* I Think it is important to drink alot of water when taking vitamins.
And I have read that B vitamins won't have bad side effects at these levels.

Every morning and 30-60 min before bed:
Lipogaine for Men: Minoxidil

30-60 min before bed:
S5 Cream (Frontal)

A few times a week:
Procyte Tricomin Solution Follicle Therapy Spray

As mention earlier; I will continue update as people spend time reply this thread!

Good news. I think that if the hair didn't thicken, then you should add finasteride or dutasteride.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
ohmanohno, you are really progressing, are you still shedding? Keep us updated, thanks

Thanks, that's encouraging. Still shedding. Hair doesn't feel very strong. Pinch test always comes up with a few hairs. I'll post pics at the 3 month mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick note; I will be adding Voltaren gel to my temples/hairline and chaparral extract to my scalp starting next week.

hhmiK

Reaction score
I got 5+ days with migraine which I think has to do with my excessive / overdose of 3-4ml lipogaine. Which is twice as recommended on the bottle.
Now I'm down to 1ml a day.
My hair feels thicker and darker, but thin on the sides and same frontal baldness.

So apparently they stopped adding Azelaic Acid? Might drop this.

New ingredients, why?

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
It still has AA but it's listed as Azetinol - see below. I was considering getting DNC-S but I might get on Lipogaine instead, simpler ingredient list (with some overlap) and the Amazon reviews are extremely positive.Azetinol[SUP]TM:[/SUP] A proprietary extract of natural grains. Grains rich in fatty acids such as azelaic acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid, and vitamin A are processed and extracted to obtain the effective DHT blockers and retinol. Note: Azenitol[SUP]TM[/SUP] is a trade mark of Lipogaine.

Saw palmetto: (Serenoa repens or Sabal serrulata): it is a dwarf palm plant native to North America. It primarily grows along the Atlantic coast in Georgia and Florida. The active ingredients are believed to be found in the plant's brown-black berries.

It has become an accepted herbal remedy for symptoms associated with benign prostate gland enlargement (called benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH).

Just like finasteride was initially used for BPH and later discovered for hair regrowth, Saw plametto has the same story. Nowadays saw palmetto is widely used as an alternative DHT blocker by those who don't want to use finasteride (brand name Propecia). It is believed to prevent hair loss by blocking the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), the same mechanism as finasteride works.

Ketoconazole: one of the key ingredients in the shampoo, is an effective anti-fungus reagent in popular dandruff shampoos. It is found to disrupt the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), prevent DHT receptor of follicles from binding to DHT, and remove sebum deposited around follicle.
Emu Oil: An anti-inflammatory natural tissue nutrient, full of healthy omega oils that moisturize deeply, healing and rejuvenating the skin. A recent Boston University study found that emu oil “remarkably” increased the thickness of the scalp skin and awakened dormant hair follicles.
Retinol: studies showed that combining minoxidil and retinol works better than minoxidil alone due to the enhanced penetration of minoxidil and improved scalp condition [ Yoo HG et al, "the additive effects of minoxidil and retinol on human hair growth in vitro." Bio Pharm Bull. 2007, 20(1): 21-6].
Caffeine: Studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals have shown that not only caffeine reverses the suppressive effects of Testosterone on the growth of follicle but also is a very strong stimulator of the hair follicle growth [Fisher TW et al, "Effect of Caffeine and Testosterone on the proliferation of human hair follicles in vitro" International Journal of Dematology, 6(1): 27-35].
Procyanidin Oligomers: naturally derived ingredients that have shown to stimulate hair growth similarly to Minoxidil. Research studies have shown that procyanidin oligomers possess growth stimulation activity toward hair epithelial cells in vitro and stimulate anagen induction in hair follicles in vivo. Addition of procyanidin oligomers to LipoGaine is intended to achieve better hair growth stimulation than minoxidil alone.
Saw Palmetto Extract: liposerolic extract of the fruit of saw palmetto. Saw palmetto has shown to effectively block DHT and is also believed to block the androgen receptors which are found on the hair follicles. Like GLA and ALA it also blocks Type 1 and Type 2 forms of 5 alpha-reductase and has shown to be more potent than Finasteride, the active ingredient of Propecia.
GLA, ALA, Linoleic Acid and Oleic Acid: Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), linoleic and oleic acid are essential fatty acids found in plant oils, which have been individually proven to inhibit 5-Alpha Reductase. In fact these are the most powerful inhibitors of 5-Alpha Reductase known today and not only they inhibit the Type II form of the 5-alpha reductase which other products like Propecia® inhibit, but also the Type I form of the enzyme which is present in high concentrations in the scalp, sebaceous glands, and the skin. Additionally GLA, ALA and oleic acid have potent anti-inflammatory properties.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
2.5 months in and still shedding bad. Hairline has never looked worse. Might drop this soon due to price. Still have another full bottle to go through