Any Results with Lipogaine as a Hair Loss Treatment?

jecheung

Reaction score
Anyone have anything to say about Lipogaine? good or bad? My thinning hair is killing me (been on finasteride,5% minoxidil, nizoral for 6 years and I am recently losing ground bad.. I don't want to do dutasteride, so I am looking for alternatives.

eclipsegum

Reaction score
Re: Lipogaine

Yea I have and currently use it (from before the FDA crackdown, no clue if it has changed since then, though the label designs on Amazon have).

I have not used rogaine but have used kirkland's generic form.

Relative to kirkland lipogaine is thicker and takes longer to dry

Does not cause any scalp irritation for me.

Can't really say if it is more effective than regular minoxidil because I typically use it in the A.M. and 15%/1% finasteride in the PM.

That said, I did just order more on Amazon cause it is on sale.

If money is an issue then just get the six month's of kirkland for ~$26.

It is definitely not 10x better than generic minoxidil. But if the cost is not a big deal to you relative to the possibility it could be more effective then go for it.

franky123

Reaction score

It's much better than regular 5% minoxidil, but I'm formulating a 10% minoxidil myself because i lost alot of ground since they shut down all those other companies. Used it for only 3 weeks and gave up. Much cleaner than regular minoxidil, dries fast, and a little sticky, but thats it. Never gave it enough time for an honest assessment.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

franky123 said:
It's much better than regular 5% minoxidil, but I'm formulating a 10% minoxidil myself because i lost alot of ground since they shut down all those other companies.

Don't you think it would be wise, first, to wait and see if there's ever going to be any scientific evidence that a 10% version of minoxidil would do any better than ordinary Rogaine?

franky123

Reaction score

Bryan, you really need to chill out. I was on it for a year, so yes i know is works. I really don't like some of the posts that you make, because it scares people from using products that actually work.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

franky123 said:
Bryan, you really need to chill out. I was on it for a year, so yes i know is works. I really don't like some of the posts that you make, because it scares people from using products that actually work.

Go back and re-read what I just got through saying! Look and see if there's any scientific evidence that using a concoction of 10% minoxidil works any BETTER than ordinary Rogaine.

Jacob

Reaction score

There goes Bryan again...looking for "scientific evidence"...as long as it doesn't have to to with Proctor/Proxiphen/NANO.

Look and see if there's any scientific evidence that using a concoction such as Proxiphen works any BETTER than ordinary Rogaine.

franky123

Reaction score

lol.... I think bryan needs a time out. I got all the scientific evidence i will need on my head.

Jacob

Reaction score

Jacob said:
There goes Bryan again...looking for "scientific evidence"...as long as it doesn't have to to with Proctor/Proxiphen/NANO.

Look and see if there's any scientific evidence that using a concoction such as Proxiphen works any BETTER than ordinary Rogaine.

:eek:opsblush:

Pyrrho

Reaction score

I highly doubt that Lipogaine will do much more than regular 5 % Minoxidil. Azelaic Acid and Saw Palmetto don't seem to work very well (they may work "in theory"). If the 15 % version helps you more than 5 %, just use the 5 % more often than 2 times a day.
If the PPG in ordinary Minoxidil irritates your scalp, add 2-3 ml Dexpanthenol (I use 3 ml of 75 % Dexpanthenol in one 60 ml bottle of Kirkland Minoxidil or Spectral.UHP).

Alhairmist

Reaction score

I really don’t care how people theorize what would work and what would not work. Because all they know is that Rogaine and Propecia are the only FDA approved hair regrowth drugs, any non-FDA approved products would not work. The fact is if the FDA approved drugs worked so well, why would they ask FDA to step in to shut down many companies? Why wouldn't they allow people to choose what they want to use? Remember these companies have helped lots of people me included get great results that the crap FDA approved drugs didn’t get. I am pretty sure I will try Lipogaine after I finish my last bottle 15% minoxidil in a month or so.

franky123

Reaction score

Applying minoxidil 5% 3x a day is not the same as applying 15%.

I've even tried it for a few months. All it does is irritate the sh*t out of your scalp, and make your hair look like sh*t. Azelaic acid is used to dilute the minoxidil in ethanol, it also helps keep the scalp clean, unclogs pores, and reduces inflammation. All of which helps in the absorption of minoxidil, and promotes scalp health.

While i agree the degree of DHT inhibition is questionable, it definitely does do something, its there for a purpose.

I still don't understand why people are so skeptical. Just type in minoxidil in amazon, and every review for every new brand of 5% minoxidil products being sold now says, "I was using perfect image 15% for so long with great results, but it was taken off, now i have to use this product." Why would so many poeple advertise about a product thats been shut down and no longer being sold??

The people that really don't believe that higher concentrations of minoxidil works , I can post some pictures in a few months to show you the results.

franky123

Reaction score

Pyrrho said:
I highly doubt that Lipogaine will do much more than regular 5 % Minoxidil. Azelaic Acid and Saw Palmetto don't seem to work very well (they may work "in theory"). If the 15 % version helps you more than 5 %, just use the 5 % more often than 2 times a day.
If the PPG in ordinary Minoxidil irritates your scalp, add 2-3 ml Dexpanthenol (I use 3 ml of 75 % Dexpanthenol in one 60 ml bottle of Kirkland Minoxidil or Spectral.UHP).

I don't know if adding panthenol topically will benefit you much. You might as well just use rogaine foam, since it contains glycerin if your trying to alleviate the irritation. I think Lipogain might also contain panthenol, but i don't know the %. And from all i've read, only biotin was effective in vitro for hair loss, i haven't seen any studies on panthenol, unless your willing to share.

I also don't really trust DS labs products so much. Alot of their products are gimmicks.

Pyrrho

Reaction score

Yes, I know, DS Labs puts a lot of useless crap (like caffeine or plant stem cells) in their products. An the F7 seems to be total bs. Of that company, I may only use Revita shampoo (works for scalp health) and DNC-L (the only stuff that worked better than regular Minoxidil for me) on my hairline in the future.

I used 15% Minoxidil + 5% Azelaic Acid once a day for six months and it didn't work any better than twice a day Kirkland Minoxidil.

There are only in vitro studies about Azelaic Acid and one for alopecia areata. Nothing to do with male pattern baldness. Show me anyone having success with Azelaic Acid alone... Why should it only unleash its magical powers in combination with clinically proven Minoxidil? Come on...

I think most of the reviews of Perfect Image products at amazon are fake. Also many on DS Labs products, but I think its their resellers, not DS itself. There are also a lot of fake comments on forums.
"Perfect Image" was "Perfect Hair" before and even wrote bad fake reviews on their competitors at amazon. There's proof for it on a forum, but I can't find it at the moment. The good reviews on Perfect Hair and the bad reviews for their competitors came from the users an if I remind it correctly, they were all from the same IP (and also fake forum post from that IP).

(Sorry, my English isn't very good)

jecheung

Reaction score

wow, so we went completely off topic here... still would like to hear about Lipogaine.

franky123

Reaction score

Like I said, azaliec acid in regards to hair growth is questionable, but its used as one of the bases for a reason, and thats for higher minoxidil concentration, and scalp health. Its the same reason you use revita, it won't grow hair( unless you think applying shampoo and washing it off five minutes later will do anything in terms of penetration of drugs).

It didn't work for you, it worked for others. Unless there's a loophole that I or amazon aren't aware off, it would be a bit tricky to get that many good reviews from verified purchases, and I highly doubt there are 200+ resellers.

I don't doubt there are fake ones out there, but highly unlikely to have that many verified purchases. Its much easier to spam these boards.

But.... we digress.
In terms of lipogaine, all i can tell you is to try it for a few months and report back. It will set you back $90... not a big deal my friend.

Give it a go and see what happens. Its the only way to find out.