Another Depressing Thread About Being Depressed

Alex_325

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have thought about just going somewhere where I’m quite alone and I don’t have to encounter anyone I know, but more and more I realise that it’s a combination of things that is what fucks me:
A: Inability to accept and deal with seeing someone I don’t recognise much less like in the mirror
B: Cnstantly seeing other young women with the things that I lack. Feeling inadequate and ashamed because of this.
C: Remebering how I used to be, and longing to go back to when things were easier and I felt beautiful.

See, even alone I would still have to face these things. It’s like slowly suffocating for me, this disease. Like there’s a small chance that you might gasp some air and you might not die painfully after all, but the more you go without that air, the more you realise that there’s none coming, and it’s probably too late anyway.
We have exactly the same thought process. It really boils down to those points for others too.

This sh*t is something you cant really accept when you see everyone you know with normal hair. Point B is truly the worst.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
OP it can be a long process towards self acceptance, your feelings are completely natural. I had many similar thoughts to you, the only difference is I was on the path to going full blown norwood 6 in my early 20's. I got on meds and it seemed to have slowed things down a lot, but such a drastic change in my appearance greatly affected me:

-I was in a masters program and almost flunked out because I couldn't concentrate.
-Avoided mirrors because I couldn't stand to see my scalp through my hair on top.
-Avoided situations where people could see the top of my head. For example, if I was hanging out at a friend's house and everyone would be sitting around and talking, I would intentionally pick a corner spot where I knew no one could come up behind me.
-Avoided women because I was too self conscience.
-Became a beta pansy because I felt I was worthless and a loser.

The point is, eventually, the intensity of these feelings subside and you get into an acceptance phase. But let it all out sometimes, it helps. I'm a big tall guy and I could never tell anyone that I broke down in tears when the dermatologist told me I had aggressive male pattern baldness. It's ok to feel bad, but just know that over time, you find that such feelings won't help with anything, and will just weigh you down. When this happens, you will go onto the acceptance phase, and things will get better, trust me.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apollo hair :)
It helps that I have my hairline intact, the front hairline is everything when it comes to making a system natural. Also you have to be very specific about what you want, make sure your piece matches your bio hair in texture, color etc. Also layers will help it blend in.
Do you have an oily scalp btw?
Oh. Well I guess that’s out because I have a really messed up hairline. The whole thing looks frayed and odd because my most concentrated miniturisation is the circumference of my hairline. At the moment my widows peak is this tuft of fluff which will fall out in the next few weeks. Looks like my option is shave or shave haha.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have slight edge recession, and a worry of fixing it, only to lose it later. My worry has manifested since 16yrs old, when I initially became self conscious about the horizontal width of my hairline.

I so wanna just get an Fue for my edges, and start living once again.

Just out of curiosity, my hair texture comes from my maternal side, does that mean I could still develop a pattern like my father side?
Yes, sadly it does. My hair always looked like my mother’s - same exact hairline and everything.
I got my dads hairloss.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
OP it can be a long process towards self acceptance, your feelings are completely natural. I had many similar thoughts to you, the only difference is I was on the path to going full blown norwood 6 in my early 20's. I got on meds and it seemed to have slowed things down a lot, but such a drastic change in my appearance greatly affected me:

-I was in a masters program and almost flunked out because I couldn't concentrate.
-Avoided mirrors because I couldn't stand to see my scalp through my hair on top.
-Avoided situations where people could see the top of my head. For example, if I was hanging out at a friend's house and everyone would be sitting around and talking, I would intentionally pick a corner spot where I knew no one could come up behind me.

The point is, eventually, the intensity of these feelings subside and you get into an acceptance phase. But let it all out sometimes, it helps. I'm a big tall guy and I could never tell anyone that I broke down in tears when the dermatologist told me I had aggressive male pattern baldness. It's ok to feel bad, but just know that over time, you find that such feelings won't help with anything, and will just weigh you down. When this happens, you will go onto the acceptance phase, and things will get better, trust me.
May I ask, what do you take/use now? Do you just shave it? :(

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a child.
33734905_1004067383081452_4884399300508909568_n.png

Im a woman look how tough it is for me a life of endless validation and choices isnt enough I need to be perfect for chad

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have slight edge recession, and a worry of fixing it, only to lose it later. My worry has manifested since 16yrs old, when I initially became self conscious about the horizontal width of my hairline.

I so wanna just get an Fue for my edges, and start living once again.

Just out of curiosity, my hair texture comes from my maternal side, does that mean I could still develop a pattern like my father side?

Yes, got my grandfather (mother's side) hair with my dad's hair loss.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Valid. One has to come to terms with the reality. Making peace with yourself and moving on. Easier said than done. But that is it.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly i don't understand whu nobody told you that you don't have hair thinning
and this is pure OCD !
Moreover with such a regimen you can be sure to at least maintain

It’s always the reference frame. You always get compared to the best version.
For some of us, it really is difficult to let it go and embrace the present. And moreso it’s the fear. If a year ago you had best hair and got compliments for that. And all of a sudden it gets recked; not noticeable to others but you - It’s not just the present that frightens you but the future; what if the cessation at this rate continues, then I am doomed.

On the other hand, If you had normal hair; never got a compliment as such. And it’s not the most critical part of your personality; say your physique or your demeanour is. Then the hair loss is less painful.

Buddhist Monks learned way back the act of renouncement and detachment. Never will you see them with a thick mane. They would keep it shaved.

Anyway I wish all good luck with whatever they want.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
May I ask, what do you take/use now? Do you just shave it? :(

Since I'm diffuse thinning, when I grow it out it actually appears to look thinner than it is, so I buzz it with about a 7 guard on top and a two on the sides and back.

I use minoxidil on my crown and 1.25mg of finasteride, in addition to pumpkin seed oil and some red clover tincture topical I'm experimenting with on my hairline.

It actually looks ok. Granted, do I wish I had my norwood 1 thick hair back? Of course. My hair was a huge part of my appearance.

But now I think to myself, hey, I'm not slick bald at least, I have some sort of hairline. Now I just try to focus on improving everything else about myself that I can.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this chick hasnt even posted any proper pics, she might be bs'in hard about severity of her hair loss for comments of validation and compassion

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this chick hasnt even posted any proper pics, she might be bs'in hard about severity of her hair loss for comments of validation and compassion

To be honest here, a lot of men do it here aswell lol. Norwood 1, maybe slightly a 1,5 is crying he cant get a women cause of "hairloss". Sure bro. Elliot Rodger had Norwood 1...just saying.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest here, a lot of men do it here aswell lol. Norwood 1, maybe slightly a 1,5 is crying he cant get a women cause of "hairloss". Sure bro. Elliot Rodger had Norwood 1...just saying.
yeah, dude, there's a kid here who's literally nw1 and no balding and he posts around here like he's some kind of cruel victim of hair loss, jfl @ this sh*t

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Oh. Well I guess that’s out because I have a really messed up hairline. The whole thing looks frayed and odd because my most concentrated miniturisation is the circumference of my hairline. At the moment my widows peak is this tuft of fluff which will fall out in the next few weeks. Looks like my option is shave or shave haha.
You could get a system that has bangs if you worry about the hairline not looking natural. It doesn't have to be that pin straight weirdo bangs but a more soft, layered look could look nice.
On a side note, I remember you did look bomb with a shaved head :) You reminded me of a female super hero haha.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score