Another Depressing Thread About Being Depressed

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well. Apparently there’s something off with women and hair these days

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/21/entertainment/jada-pinkett-hair-loss/

Despite having many medical tests, Pinkett Smith said she has not been able to find the cause of her alopecia. She suspects it might be stress.

Androgenetic alopecia is a staple of American black women: part of their culture (not joking) is wearing wigs and weaves. EDIT: if you google images weave, you'll find yourself amused
Almost all African American celebrities use wigs, because many have recession and/or diffusion. AA causes it, but the fact that many use tight braids since childhood exhacerbates hair loss.

There are many funny videos on Worldstarhiphop dot com of black women brawls pulling each others' wigs while beating the sh*t out of each other. Hilarious.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah watch some of tommy sotomayor videos about black womens weave... he calls them "hair hats" and "hair hatted hooligans". without their weave a lot of them look bad as their natural hair has been ruined by traction alopecia and keeping weave in too long.

i'm a bit sad now over reading some of the mom / women help sections of reddit. all of these women bitching about their "ain't sh*t" men, men who play video games all day and then demand the wife fetch them drinks etc. or men who drink all night and don't look after the kids. these women post these stories all the time yet they stay with these men.

i feel like just posting "Yeah well it is your own stupid fault for going after the "Chad" Jock who you knew wasn't sh*t when you married him. And all of the hard working, decent bald and ugly men you just laughed at and rejected. So you deserve what you get, b****s.
Honestly reading womens help forums just makes me soo glad i'm not married.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Luckily, my dads only a NW2. My hairline looks the same as it did at16, I just became self conscious about the idea of looking like my dad.

I'm way ahead of schedule. :(

Norwood might be the same at the same age (norwood 2.5ish?) but I have diffuse thinning which my dad didn't have in his 20s. Stress among other things probably triggered something that wouldn't have happened until later for me.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, dude, there's a kid here who's literally nw1 and no balding and he posts around here like he's some kind of cruel victim of hair loss, jfl @ this sh*t

there are a lot of people like that on this board honestly, people who are NW1 and think their lives are over. these people must just be simple minded. If you visit the introduce yourself section it seems over half of them are NW1. posting "massive recession, can't go outside anymore, life ruined" and then they post the thickest NW1 ever.
WTF must be going through these idiots minds? i didn';t even notice M BP until i was almost Norwood 3, and these people just sit there counting every hair on their temple?

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there are a lot of people like that on this board honestly, people who are NW1 and think their lives are over. these people must just be simple minded. If you visit the introduce yourself section it seems over half of them are NW1. posting "massive recession, can't go outside anymore, life ruined" and then they post the thickest NW1 ever.
WTF must be going through these idiots minds? i didn';t even notice M BP until i was almost Norwood 3, and these people just sit there counting every hair on their temple?
Yeah, it's pretty easy for you, because you probably haven't had good hair for years. But hair loss feels so disgusting if you are young.

You will say: "Hop on Finasteride, kid". Oh, thanks, great advice and here are possible ways how it would be:
1) Finasteride doesn't work, makes your hair worse and gives really bad sides. You will say that's a very rare case, but it's still possible and you can't know in advance how finasteride will work for you.
2) Finasteride probably maintains your hair and gives bad side effects.
3) Finasteride doesn't do anything but you have been taking it for some time and now afraid to stop. Obviously, that's still bad scenario because, in the long run, Finasteride will f*** your neurosteroids.
4) Finasteride maintains hair and doesn't give sides. (But don't forget about item #3)

Once, I realized that my life changed drastically. I think about this issue every day, it's just impossible to stop paying attention to it.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Basically it is - No finasteride, No Hair.
No finasteride, rock the sly look or buy a system.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty easy for you, because you probably haven't had good hair for years. But hair loss feels so disgusting if you are young.

You will say: "Hop on Finasteride, kid". Oh, thanks, great advice and here are possible ways how it would be:
1) Finasteride doesn't work, makes your hair worse and gives really bad sides. You will say that's a very rare case, but it's still possible and you can't know in advance how finasteride will work for you.
3) Finasteride doesn't do anything but you have been taking it for some time and now afraid to stop. Obviously, that's still bad scenario because, in the long run, Finasteride will f*** your neurosteroids.
4) Finasteride maintains hair and doesn't give sides. (But don't forget about item #3)

Once, I realized that my life changed drastically. I think about this issue every day, it's just impossible to stop paying attention to it.
so u r sayin u r nw1? just lol

whatintheworld

Reaction score

For this reason I don't understand why low norwoods take the risk with this drug. If I just had a receded hairline, and good thickness everywhere else, chances are I won't be going slick. Yes, I may continue to recede, but unless my male pattern baldness is very aggressive, there is a good chance I can make it through my youth with hair on my head, and probably even until middle age.

The guys here who are heading to Norwood 5/6/7, and fast (in their late teens/20's), is for who this drug is. That's the only reason I started taking it. Had I not diffused in a norwood 6 pattern at age 24, I never would have popped the pill.

I even think norwood 1 hairlines look bad. There is something juvenile-looking with a straight *** hairline in my opinion. If your face is already chiseled and masculine, the added angulature of having like a norwood 2 may even look better.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is odd that men here seem to think men have things worse than women when it comes to hair loss.

Most (MOST, not some or a lot, but MAJORITY) men lose their hair where it is noticeable, most women do not. Hair is usually not considered a thing of beauty for men as it is for women. It is certainly distressing for both sexes, but the men here saying their lives are over if they lose hair are operating from some warped perspective.

The best thing I have done is to learn to REALIZE that what we are going through really is not that huge of a deal. There are treatments, there is cover up and it is a common problem. The only way most people realize they do not have it as bad as they think is when something hits them much worse and they look back (such as on hair loss) and wish that was their only problem again!

Not to minimize the issue, I certainly went through an emotional ringer when I saw the balding, but there is a point where we need to realize this is just a part of life and we CAN help ourselves.

sofia

My Regimen
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with you!
But what must also be said, is that everyone's pain & fears are legitimate. This forum doesn't say "only nw4 and up allowed", some people will notice their hair loss right at nw1.5 others at nw3, some will suffer from the loss others from the fear how it will progress. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing, your issues with women will not be solved here...
Georgie is an active member, she has been bringing a lot of input, the last thing you need are these kind of comments on bad days.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around last year I had the same depression 'timeframe'. I used to look at folks around me, and then see everything they did. I always would be like 'man I got nothing, absolutely nothing on these guys. Why is this even possible. Its so unfair'.

Then I'd break out of it by thinking back to my earlier balding days. I simply sat at home playing video games avoiding outside interaction as much as possible. For me that was the cure, to simply not give a f***, and f*** the world, which would always make fun of it. Thinking back, I could have simply begged my parents for hair surgeries or even start a hairpiece in college. So I have chosen every bit of my path to end up as my current self.

And when I think that, I simply goto steam, launch any game, play for an hour, and feel much better.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around last year I had the same depression 'timeframe'. I used to look at folks around me, and then see everything they did. I always would be like 'man I got nothing, absolutely nothing on these guys. Why is this even possible. Its so unfair'.

Then I'd break out of it by thinking back to my earlier balding days. I simply sat at home playing video games avoiding outside interaction as much as possible. For me that was the cure, to simply not give a f***, and f*** the world, which would always make fun of it. Thinking back, I could have simply begged my parents for hair surgeries or even start a hairpiece in college. So I have chosen every bit of my path to end up as my current self.

And when I think that, I simply goto steam, launch any game, play for an hour, and feel much better.

In other words there are things in this world that you enjoy more than the suffering you get from whatever issues you are going through. That's good and makes you feel alive. People try to find things to forget about the harsh things about life, you are screwed if everything that affects your senses makes you think about the bad things of life.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with you!
But what must also be said, is that everyone's pain & fears are legitimate. This forum doesn't say "only nw4 and up allowed", some people will notice their hair loss right at nw1.5 others at nw3, some will suffer from the loss others from the fear how it will progress. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing, your issues with women will not be solved here...
Georgie is an active member, she has been bringing a lot of input, the last thing you need are these kind of comments on bad days.
wufln02d9y011.png

blackg

Reaction score
yeah watch some of tommy sotomayor videos about black womens weave... he calls them "hair hats" and "hair hatted hooligans". without their weave a lot of them look bad as their natural hair has been ruined by traction alopecia and keeping weave in too long.

i'm a bit sad now over reading some of the mom / women help sections of reddit. all of these women bitching about their "ain't sh*t" men, men who play video games all day and then demand the wife fetch them drinks etc. or men who drink all night and don't look after the kids. these women post these stories all the time yet they stay with these men.

i feel like just posting "Yeah well it is your own stupid fault for going after the "Chad" Jock who you knew wasn't sh*t when you married him. And all of the hard working, decent bald and ugly men you just laughed at and rejected. So you deserve what you get, b****s.
Honestly reading womens help forums just makes me soo glad i'm not married.
Women need a place to vent too.
These lazy men playing video games, watching p**rn and just drinking while their wives raise the children and do all the chores.

Get off your asses, guys, and help out your wives.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would never treat my wife bad if i had one, but they all went for the NW1 jock with the bad attitude instead of me purely for his looks.
i suspect they'd still rather be with a NW1 who treats them bad, women are just like that. they see a decent but ugly man who treats them right as boring.

blackg

Reaction score
i would never treat my wife bad if i had one, but they all went for the NW1 jock with the bad attitude instead of me purely for his looks.
i suspect they'd still rather be with a NW1 who treats them bad, women are just like that. they see a decent but ugly man who treats them right as boring.
Okay.

M.Piep

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don’t know what to say to this.
I think we were born one or two generations too early and we are not able to mend this sh*t, and it is a pity.
There are days when I get by kidding myself that things might get better or perhaps things aren’t as bad as I think they are. It’s easy to do this when you always use things to conceal your hairloss. It’s like telling a lie so often that you begin to believe it.

Today I washed my hair as usual, hundreds of hairs moulted into my hands as usual. I roll the hair into a ball and throw it away. Brush my wet hair and attempt to dissociate while I feel the strands upon strands which catch and come loose in the brush, departing my scalp. I avoid the part where I look at my wet hair most of the time, but today I looked. My soul shattered into little pieces when I realised how bad things have gotten. There was scalp shining through the top of my hair so obviously that in a panic I quickly moved to blow dry it in some vain attempt to escape that reality. When I’d finished drying it I let my eyes linger again. Scalp. See-through hair. I was looking at someone with obvious female pattern baldness. I couldn’t handle it. I threw my hair into a Ponytail to enclose my gaping part, then see the chunks of my temples that are missing. The hair on my sideburns looks frayed and wiry. My widows peak has become jagged as my hairline recedes in clumps each day. The hair around my ears is receded to the point where it looks like if had a face lift. I’m trapped. I can’t do anything with this hair. I cannot hide this anymore. I am on so many drugs that should work and don’t.

Tonight I lie in my bed and wonder how I will go on. I know in my heart that I cannot fix this. I really can’t.
Tonight I want to be dead.

I just needed to vent this, as I feel completely alone in this outside of the forum. I am a freak, even by Androgenetic Alopecia standards. I am foul and my appearance make me want to burst into tears. It makes me want to down a bottle of spironolactone and wait for the potassium to take me out.

How do we go on? How am I supposed to live with this? I don’t think I can.
Hi Georgie,
I am feeling for you. I have gone through similar feelings when I looked in the mirror.
*** Are you on anti depressants? A number of anti depressants can cause hair loss. It happened to me. Hair loss can be stopped and often reversed without medications if you stop the taking the antidepressant. Switching? In these cases it takes about 6 months for some progress.
That was second time I lost my hair.

>>Please check 14 foods to grow hair. Couldn't hurt. They include: Eggs, Sweet Potatos, Avacado, Berries, Spinach, Beans, Shrimp, Oysters, Salmon, Soybeans, Yellow Peppers, A, B, C, D, E, Vitamins and Zinc, Biotin. These are also foods that maintain health.
>>>Scalp massage is passive exercise and increases circulation to the scalp.
***A study done of people with hair loss and VITAMIN E indicated 34% thickening and growth in 8 months.
Are you on a hair treatment now?
The first time I lost my hair, most of it, was when I went through cancer. About the same time a lady friend of mine also went through cancer treatments and lost her hair. None of us cared--because we loved her.
***She wore attractive hats at first. Then she began wearing a hair piece, that closely resembled the color and style of her natural hair. She wore her hats over the hair piece. Then she started not wearing the hats. By this time people had forgotten or didn't know she had lost her hair. She would style it differently at times. She did this until her hair grew back. She also wore hair attachments until her hair thickened in. Just trying to help.
Universities tend to be progressive and tolerant. I see several attractive bald ladies about campus, happily mingling with everyone. Not saying you should do that, or diminishing what you are feeling. I have had similar thoughts as you. Perhaps you will meet someone nice. You are a very sweet person. He will like you for the nice person you are.
I feel for your sadness, if I can think of any way to help you I will write. ---Mont.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
2018 is THE year for hair loss treatments!!!!!!

I feel depressed too Georgie. There’s hair loss, and then there’s HAIR LOSS. I see bald/balding guys who have normal patterns and I’m actually envious. Of a balding dude!

And your words about how this has changed you strike a chord for sure. I’ll never get these years back, I’ll never see people in the same way again. All this time stuck in limbo and being taunted by alleged “cures” that are right around the corner. I can’t even troll the Brotzu thread anymore lol. It’s just too sad and pathetic to be fun. Eyebrow thinning, diffuse pattern thinning, retrograde thinning, I’d feel more comfortable with a bag over my head. The instinct to cover it up and to be ashamed of it is such a powerful human instinct. It obliterates your identity and self worth. I see people talking politics, reading, planning for futures, it’s all so alien to me now. The pointless nihilism revealed by hair loss swallows all.