Anon123's Story - (19)

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. It's not so much a recession as much as it is thinning. I'm hoping someone has some insight as to where to go next

You can never expect any regrowth. If you stop your hairloss then that is very good.

Think like this, you might've had half your hair left if you didn't get on meds.

But sure, if you wanna try and regrow what you have lost other than being on finasteride then try nizoral or any other suitable schampoo and most importantly keep with that minoxidil for another year, try with a dermaroller too. Get a decent mild tea based conditioner or anything else that you can find to keep your hair fresh and healthy.

Anon123

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice!

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on my AA regime. I was on finasteride 1.25 for 5 years before I really started shedding. I've been on dutasteride. .5mg every 2 days now for over a year and my hair definitley isn't better than a year ago. Does this mean dutasteride isn't working or that maybe the dosage is too weak? I don't really want to go full dose on dutasteride as it has affected my sex drive but it's still tolerable. I can get away with being less horny but I'd hate to see what a full dose does...

I'm wondering if finasteride every day and dutasteride once a week would be a good option as it would keep my hormones more constant. I've also heard from some that dutasteride has increased frontal loss which is definitley what I've experienced this year on it. Crown is great but front has tanked. Any insight on this?

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man i cant really comment o dutasteride as i have never used it, what is the exact problem ?do you have inflammation tingling scalp pain along your hairline? why do you think your hair is not like what it was year ago ? is it more oily or smt ? is it brittle?

Anon123

Reaction score
Yep inflamation and itching sneaking back in. I use nizoral about twice a week. Hairline and frontal region is just thinning not really receding

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep inflamation and itching sneaking back in. I use nizoral about twice a week. Hairline and frontal region is just thinning not really receding
now i am watching this guy's video, what he says is almost against all steretypes of hairloss, trying to understand why conventional treatment that gave me hair close to what i had when i was 20 ,in just 4-6 month after commencing, suddenly changed its mind and decided to f*** me by giving tremendous inflammation, itching, thinning ,fibrosis , scarring alopecia in following months

Anon123

Reaction score
Okay So this my may be my final update here on my journey through hairloss unless some one has any good ideas/advice. You can clearly see in the photos that my hair has recessed/thinned over the last year and a bit. It seems like no one is willing to offer any input here unless the person's hair is beyond the point of saving.
20171022_202835.jpg
20171022_202813.jpg

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Dutasteride 0.5mg x 2 every 2 days ... from my experience is just not the same as 0.5mg every day. I cant explain why.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you feel comfortable doing so, add in RU58841 at night. If you continue to lose ground on an oral AA and topical AA your hair loss is becoming pretty aggressive IMO.

Anon123

Reaction score
Thanks Dave,
So as someone who's commented on this thread white regularly would you agree there's been substantial loss over the last year or am I still just crazy?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Dave,
So as someone who's commented on this thread white regularly would you agree there's been substantial loss over the last year or am I still just crazy?

Your hair more or less looks the same to me. If you lost any ground it is very very little.

Anon123

Reaction score
I should be clear on my current regimine...

-dutasteride .5mg EOD
-minoxidil 2ml 1x/day
-Nizoral about 2x a week

I was told .5mg of dutasteride every other day was about the same as 1 proscar every day.

Would it be fair to assume thst since I've lost ground since starting dutasteride that it isn't worth staying on? I'm considering going back to finasteride 1.25 and maybe 1 dutasteride a week. I've also ready many accounts of people experiencing frontal shedding on dutasteride which is definitley my story.

Also considering RU and dermarolling. Would love any advice I can get here.

Anon123

Reaction score
Still no advice from anyone?

I think I will be ordering a derma roller and RU here very soon. Definitley shedding a lot right now and itching has been crazy. I'm not sure how this has just picked up after a steady year of dutasteride eod

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Anon, you know what i do see where your coming from. Even though your hair is in a very good situation if you see it gradually getting more diffuse it means that you should up your treatment game and try more aggressive regimes. However it's really hard to tell with your current photos, especially since you still have a lot of hair. I suggest you take photos with your hair wet in future as this gives a much clearer picture of your situation - its how i track my progress.

In terms of what else you could try there is RU or if you want to risk it a low dose of oral minoxidil (Seems to be very effective at regrowing hair). Also In your years of being on treatments, has your hair quality constantly fluctuated with periods of thick hair and then periods of diffuse hair? Maybe your follicles growth cycles are just synchronized from the minoxidil and Duta.

Anon123

Reaction score
Thanks centurie,

I am thinking of switching back to finasteride and adding a topical AA seeing as how I have clearly lost ground on the frontal region over the last 1.5 years on dutasteride.

I have heard of people losing frontal regions dutasteride but there seems to be no consensus on this. Is my hairloss really just speeding up that quick that it's overpowering .5mg dutasteride EOD? Or was dutasteride just a bad decision from the start

Anon123

Reaction score
20171109_230306.jpg
20171109_230144.jpg
20171109_230204.jpg
20171109_230125.jpg
20171109_230247.jpg
20171109_230054.jpg
20171109_230029.jpg
20171109_230010.jpg

Top photos dry, bottom wet. You can clearly see the frontal loss in the last year.

Should I up dutasteride? Drop dutasteride? Add topical AA ?

Erland

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't followed your thread but did you ever try finasteride? ...and most importantly, did Dutasteride slow down your hair loss?

Anon123

Reaction score
So a bit of an update and needing some advice

Have been on RU in minoxidil solution (hairline only) since April. No signs of regrowth yet but still early.

Have been on dutasteride now EOD for about 2 years now and as of October began adding in finasteride on off days.

Before I started dutasteride I felt like I was losing some ground in my crown but was not as worried about hairline. 2 years later I dont worry about my crown at all really but now my hairline has really began to diffuse, which was not the case with finasteride. Is it safe to say that dutasteride hasn't been doing much for my frontal region? I'm wondering if I should just be going back to finasteride and keeping on with RU.