Anon123's Story - (19)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
great hair bro ! so minoxidil worsen your hair acording to you ? do you got any sides on duta ?
when you first started you got great regrowth with fina ?

Anon123

Reaction score
So I've now been on dustasteride .25mg/day and minoxidil 2ml once a day for over a year.
I will say that crown has definitely thickened...but my temples and frontal region have definitely slipped over the last year. I don't get the same itch or shed I was getting on finasteride...but my frontal region has definitely thinned and receded which was never a huge concern before.

I've also noticed my sex drive has tanked on dutasteride. Was never a huge concern on finasteride so I thought it would he fine. But now my orgasms are less intense, erections seem weaker, etc. I never have s problem getting it up or anything but it just doesn't feel right down there...Brain fog also seems to be a thing.

I'm wondering if some people with experience can shed some light as to where to go next. Back to finasteride with 1 dutasteride a week? I'd like to get rid of my sides and hopefully thicken up my frontal region a bit.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pictures; the last pictures you posted looked like you had no hair loss at all.

Anon123

Reaction score
Here are some photos. You can see how the frontal region has thinned out at the hairline and temples. When I pull my hair back it is all wispy in the front. The crown and top of my head is pretty good but the front is really starting to take a dive.
20170724_100438.jpg
20170724_100501.jpg
20170724_100529.jpg
20170724_100553.jpg
20170724_100647.jpg
20170724_100719.jpg

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still looks the same as your last pictures IMO

Anon123

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm any farther ahead after a year on dutasteride however. I feel I've definitely lost some in the frontal region though my crown looks better. I'm thinking of going back to finasteride and maybe doing the dutasteride once s week to alleviate sides. Thoughts?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only you know your hair the best; if you feel like you haven't had any added success with dutasteride I would just go back to finasteride for lesser chance of sides and it being cheaper.

Anon123

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with doing finasteride 1.25 daily with dutasteride. 5mg once a week? I'm mostly wanting to thicken up the front which has thinned out. Or am I just screwed with the front

Anon123

Reaction score
So I let it grow again for 2 months and cut it again. Hoping to get some advice as it's getting pretty bad in the front. Seems to be a lot of people here unwilling to offer advice unless a situation is worse than their own.
20170903_214505.jpg
20170903_214437.jpg
20170903_214346.jpg
20170903_214505.jpg
20170903_214346.jpg

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still on dutasteride or did you switch back to finasteride? To be honest, you hair still looks the same compared to the last pictures, but only you know your hair the best.

Anon123

Reaction score
So I'm going to transition back to Finasteride 1.25 a day I think, as after a year and a bit on dutasteride .25 a day I have definitely not made any gains. I'm wondering what people think might be the best course of action for transitioning. Also, would has anyone had success doing finasteride daily and dutasteride once a week? I'm wondering where to go from here. Crown and mid regions have maintained, but frontal region has really began receding in the last year.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aaaaaand the BDD of the year goes to -----

Take dutasteride for that straight NW1 hairline? Seriously?

Anon123

Reaction score
I've mentioned in previous posts that I don't have a typical receding pattern. It's been rather defuse since day one. My hairline in the front hasn't really moved back but you can see in the photos that it's definitley gotten thinner.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At 20 I had the same diffuse pattern without hairline recession, I thought it was because of my diet (was a vegetarian). At 22 hairline changed significantly and diffuse pattern gotten worse. Scalp itched like a hell, hair turned weak and greasy in a moment (no kidding) and then started to fall massively.

Anon123

Reaction score
Exactly. It's not so much a recession as much as it is thinning. I'm hoping someone has some insight as to where to go next