An open letter to Uncomfortable man

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
dont do that tatoo. Ive heard some other guys talking about it and its the most ridiculous thing Ive heard. I hope you wake up one day and realize what a crazy idea that really is. You will be more started at than ever before. As Nichiyoubi says: its going to have the opposite effect.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
what would be more feasible (if you could afford it) would be a Strip hair transplant with as much coverage as you can get....then get the tattoo procedure to minimize the appearance of the scar?

But either way....I wouldn't advise any surgery for somebody with Body Dysmorphic Disorder because the mindset of somebody with BDD is skewed. The fact is, you don't want a hair transplant for the same reasons other people who have gotten the procedure do.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I agree I remember reading an article about this obese man getting surgery to reduce his weight. When he looked in the mirror after everything he had done, he started bawling uncontrollably with the reason being he still saw himself as fat in the mirror.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Don't worry I'm not getting an hair transplant or HM or anything like that anytime soon. When I went out with my gf to the bar there was this guy in the back near the pool tables with a hoodie on. I had a feeling he was bald and I didn't learn until after we left that he is bald and is planning on getting MP at the end of the year. I wish she would have told me sooner so I could ask him where he planned on getting it done and tell him what I've learned about it.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
But either way....I wouldn't advise any surgery for somebody with Body Dysmorphic Disorder because the mindset of somebody with BDD is skewed. The fact is, you don't want a hair transplant for the same reasons other people who have gotten the procedure do.

UM: is BDD something youve been diagnozed for or is it only something people in here feel you have?

Obsidian

Reaction score

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive read that thread. How long did those great emotions of acceptance last for you UM until it eventually vanished?

you could read on the last post of that thread:

"I just feel like I've said everything that I needed to say and since there is really nothing available for me now, then what good does it do me to wallow on this site, when I could be focusing on bettering my life, ie. school, work...family, friends?"

That was just great to hear, even though its just words.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just because I wallow doesn't mean I don't have hopeful moments from time to time. Talking about hopeful, what do you think of Nichiyoubi's recent posts? It's inspiring, you know what would be even more inspiring is a picture of him.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Just because I wallow doesn't mean I don't have hopeful moments from time to time. Talking about hopeful, what do you think of Nichiyoubi's recent posts? It's inspiring, you know what would be even more inspiring is a picture of him.

True. There is this roller-coaster ride going on sometimes. One day hope and everything is up and the next youre lower than anything else. Sometimes you feel when you look in the mirror: "well okey, this is me and Im looking good" and the next "hell no". I recognize that pattern. I bet you do as well. But I dont get those feelings right now. Ive been scared of BDD but Ive only realized Im starting to adapt to my new appearance I dont fully hate the way I look. Im exaggerating and are too harsh to myself sometimes. But its still hard. I have a long way to go to true acceptance, but now Ive finally reached the stage where I still can do the things I want in life. Not flirting with a 18 y old chick maybe (at least not for now due to my unsufficient level of comfortness) but the rest :punk:

hahaha, maybe he`s just a typical american college kid with Norwood -7, :p

The pal is inspiring. There is a lot that can be learned from his posts. Its to dark in here from time to time so for him to come in here and contribute with his inspiring thoughts and opinions is valuable to us all.

s.a.f

Reaction score
superfrankie said:

The pal is inspiring. There is a lot that can be learned from his posts. Its to dark in here from time to time so for him to come in here and contribute with his inspiring thoughts and opinions is valuable to us all.

Maybe he also posts on obeseity/acne/short height forums that acceptance is the key and any negativity is all in their heads.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
superfrankie said:

Maybe he also posts on obeseity/acne/short height forums that acceptance is the key and any negativity is all in their heads.

Ive had terrible acne before. Fortunately I took Accutane and it went away. But there is NO WAY I can accept acne. Why? Cause I dont have to. There is successful treatment on the market. Its another thing with hair loss. Ive tried finas, minoxidil and laser and since that didnt work Im forced to accept the situation or else my life will be destroyed. Obesity is a luxury problem. You dont have to accept that. Healthier dieting and youre a completely new person in 6 months time. Short height however is permanent. Im 6`1 and I would never trade hair loss for being "short".

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Great thread.

I went NW6 by 22, not good looking either (had messed up teeth till my 30s).

Regarding the post below, I have to disagree on several counts with UM.

Being bald does not mean you cannot get resources. Yes, being bald or being ugly puts us at a disadvantage, but it does not mean we cannot get resources. And technically being bald should mean more respect (bald men as viewed as more intelligent). Considering jobs and salaries, the effect is there, but the difference is not huge on average. The difference between bald and non-bald men is huge only in certain careers, eg, acting, sales reps. I seriously doubt being bald would pose a significant hurdle to one becoming an engineer, a doctor, joining the military etc. Sure, non-bald men may earn a bit more, but thats it (on average).

Methinks the major disadvantage for us is with regard to women. But then, why should our entire self worth be based solely on our sex appeal with women? Its not that women dont find us worthy (they dont have a problem paying bald doctors, policemen etc), its just that many of them are not sexually attracted to baldies.

If this is the case, why should our entire self worth be demolished?

And anyway UM, you have a girlfriend, and you have an offspring, so you seem to be doing OK in the women department. And you look nice too. Nice facial proportions etc. Me, I've never even kissed a girl.

uncomfortable man said:
Deep down, we all have the same needs. Beyond food and water, there is the deep seeded need for love and acceptance (not just talking about sex) to feel whole as a human being. We are social creatures and as such have to compete for these resources just like any animal in the wild. Who gets all the resources (or at the very least, a disproportionate amount)? The dominant males. They get the food, they get the sex and more importantly...they get respect. Maybe we have evolved an inch or two since then but the primitive behavior is still the same. In this time and place that I exist in, my bald head puts me at a disadvantage to those dominant males for getting these said resources. Granted, it is not impossible but with the media brainwashing everyone that perfect=normal and that bald is bad and something to look down on, then that puts me at odds with achieving that very human need of just plain old acceptance by my fellow human beings. I just want to be normal, I just want to be accepted whatever that means. I shouldn't be afraid of failure, because by societies definition, I am a failure already.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hows the form uman?? dont kno if u reemeber me?? Hows life? did you ever get back with that girl from years ago?? hows ur outlook now on life...

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has to make you wonder when people go and dig up a post from like 13 months ago. Hmmmmm!

I think it does affect the job market. What if you are already in sales, or advertising or something where looks matter? We can't all just drop everything and become an engineer. If so, no one would ever work at McD's. It takes a certain type to do that.

GeminiX

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
I think it does affect the job market. What if you are already in sales, or advertising or something where looks matter? We can't all just drop everything and become an engineer. If so, no one would ever work at McD's. It takes a certain type to do that.

If you're already in sales and marketing maybe you'll simply stay in sales and marketing, perhaps even go on to win awards like some of these guys...

http://www.stopgap.co.uk/mara2010
http://www.willisnetworks.co.uk/about-us/our-people
http://www.volvotrucks.com/dealers-...ia/newsmedia/local_news/Pages/2008-06-05.aspx

Though I'm sure as chairman of club-negative you'll soon come up with another bullshit reason why these random, yet apparently quite successful bald people don't count or something.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unless your modeling baldness is irrelevant. (although i bet i could find some bald models if i try)

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
If you're already in sales and marketing maybe you'll simply stay in sales and marketing, perhaps even go on to win awards like some of these guys...

Though I'm sure as chairman of club-negative you'll soon come up with another bullshit reason why these random, yet apparently quite successful bald people don't count or something.

Again with you? Amazing that I have a tranny trolling me.

Anyway, I can tell you that in the fields of sales and marketing, 90 percent of the people in it are young, good looking and all the guys have hair.

GeminiX

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Again with you? Amazing that I have a tranny trolling me.

Anyway, I can tell you that in the fields of sales and marketing, 90 percent of the people in it are young, good looking and all the guys have hair.

Epic response. I never cease to be amused at how people like you try to be offensive when your argument falls apart.

Even when presented with absolute evidence of people in sales and marketing, and doing quite well, you still maintain "all the guys have hair"; lots of them were old and not exactly good looking too.

I'm curious, did you learn how to make up things and stubbornly try to pass them off as fact from Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf or one of the Gaddafi's?

edit: You're also flattering yourself somewhat about my "trolling" you; I received a notification because I had already made a post to this thread some time in the past.

You really should think through the other possibilities before you post your claims; surely you're getting tired of constantly making yourself look so silly?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
Epic response. I never cease to be amused at how people like you try to be offensive when your argument falls apart.

Even when presented with absolute evidence of people in sales and marketing, and doing quite well, you still maintain "all the guys have hair"; lots of them were old and not exactly good looking too.

I'm curious, did you learn how to make up things and stubbornly try to pass them off as fact from Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf or one of the Gaddafi's?

edit: You're also flattering yourself somewhat about my "trolling" you; I received a notification because I had already made a post to this thread some time in the past.

You really should think through the other possibilities before you post your claims; surely you're getting tired of constantly making yourself look so silly?

I only follow what you are doing. If my "bullshit responses" (as you put it) bother you, simply don't respond to them. We know you haven't made a valid point yet.

I'm not flattering myself at all. Look at how many of your posts are directed to me versus how many of mine are directed at you (subtracting responses of course). Point is that I don't agree or care about your point of view so I don't post to you unless it's in response to you talking TO ME. Get it? Got it? Good.

So wait, my claims are false? So are you telling me YOU know more about being a NW6 than I do? Are you telling me you know more about sales/advertising as well? Interesting, you must have ESP or something.

Here's an idea, don't respond to me. Simple. Goodbye.