An open letter to Uncomfortable man

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yeah, like Barca said... :finger2: I don't let my hairloss get in the way of my love for my daughter. If you were a father you would know that.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
This will be completely off topic because I cbf'd reading this whole thread, but I just wanted to ask why you don't give a full cap wig a chance UM?
Maybe you have already tried, but if not, what could you possibly have to lose? Just seems at the stage you are at, anything is worth a crack... I don't mean to be rude or anything, just it is something I am considering for down the track and I see pics like this guys and I think it could work really well;
http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1378&sid=f53e5d38214c4bfa25ff0c5982b285ed

1 other thing I wanted to bring up and again forgive me for being blunt and potentially stepping over the line, it really isn't my place to say and do I apologise if I offend.
I just remember reading one day how your daughter responded to your attitude towards your baldness one day, I think she said something like she could see more hair growing just to cheer you up or something? Anyways I just wanted to say (and mind you, this is me as a 21 year old and I openly admit I am completely oblivious to what it is actually like to be a father) that you need to make sure your attitude towards yourself doesn't flow on to her... As in she doesn't inherit those sort of self esteem problems that she sees so frequently in probably the most (or 2nd most next to her mother) important person in her life. I think that if she sees you are generally depressed with your appearance and upset with the hand you were dealt, she will undoubtedly take on some of these issues which are already quite prevalent in teenage girls...
I'm sure you treat her with love and respect though and I've got no doubt you would continually tell her she is beautiful etc, I just know that children are strongly crafted by their experiences growing up from their main source of information.

Now I only bring this all up because it was relevant to me and my childhood. My father was a chronic alcoholic (which of course stems onto other things, aggressive nature, abuse etc etc), it was something I grew up around in all my years of development and it was something that when I got older I just believed to be natural. It had a pretty resounding effect on me and there is a bunch of studies highlighting how these traits can be passed down, which they undoubtedly were to me (I now abstain from drinking alcohol due to the range of problems it caused me growing up).
It is easy to not know it is having an effect, but in my case my dad would always get me to get him a beer every night with dinner and what not, he'd get drunk consistently and while I'm sure he didn't mean for this to have an effect on me, it was what I learnt to be normal and so from about the age of 16 I was drinking alcohol with my dinner every night because that is what I thought men did.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that if your daughter sees that you think you are a freak or whatever because of your physical attributes, I just think there is a lot of potential there for her to see tiny flaws in herself that she treats the same way.

So yeah... Sorry if I overstepped man. You've got every right to be upset and take the attitude you do towards your hair loss, I just thought that my experience growing up might provide a bit of a different perspective of things seeing as I can't pretend to actually know (yet anyway, it won't be long) what it is actually like to be fully bald.
Keep chuggin on though dude.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Last I checked this and all forums are open for anyone to feel depressed. I didn't know there was a pre requisite for feelings you had to follow. it's an open public forum, not your house, you can't control opinions here. If this guy wants to cry every single post there's nothing u can do about it. Deal with it, it's the general public bro.

I'm depressed about it too,I'm 33,and its devastated my dating life. I have balding and a ugly shaped bald head, I can't escape it anyway i look at it. But, it's my right to be a miserable jerk and hate life because of it. Why don't you guys take your hair clippers and buzz it to a nw6. Then walk around this week to see how it feels in public around woman who see you as deformed and ugly.

Never judge a man til you've walked a mile in his shoes.

cuebald

Reaction score
Go back to the beginning of this forum and read posts by Taugenichts and a few others.
That dude was way more left-field than even CCS is now.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
you would go into a hyper paranoia state with a hair piece wondering if people spotted it

That's not paranoia..That's a fact of life. It does look obvious. I spot them all of the time. I did wear one. There are a FEW reasons why they aren't good.

1)You can't really go anywhere on windy days.

2)They shed (and I mean horribly) so you have to buy more than one while other one is being fixed.

3) This one was the worst. You can't be out in the sun too much. It turns red. This one happened to me. I was wearing it in the sun a few days in a row after having it for a while. I went to a store and was trying to sunglasses. The lady there asked me about the red tint in my hair. I had no idea to expect this. I looked in the mirror and was horrified. Went home and tore than thing off.

4) If you are completely bald, you are stuck with that lace front. If you have a good amount of hair in the front but none in the back, you are a perfect hairpiece candidate as you don't have to worry about people noticing as much as they only see your hairline.

5) Forget about swimming, playing sports with it no matter what the "commercials" tell you.

6) Forget about messing around with your guy friends. One wrestling type joke hold and that thing is coming off.

Again, I speak as someone who HAS wore it from two different places. Can anyone say the same?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
This is the last thing I will say about my daughter. I don't act like a freak around her. I have enough common sense to censor my feelings and observations (anger) about being bald around her. I come to this place to express my innermost feelings and frustrations because this particular place is DESIGNED for that. I'm not some ranting lunatic in real life, granted I've had a few moments but they were provoked by rare circumstances. Hell, you can even spot me as one of those confident bald guys you claim to see who on the outside is unaffected by other peoples ribbing, but inside I am screaming. I can be upset about my hairloss and love my daughter with all my heart at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive and the fact that Person tried to paint me as a bad father because I don't like being bald just shows his level of ignorance that should not be engaged by anyone who knows better. Bad Person.

cuebald

Reaction score
Why don't you get BHT into your strip scars, then shave it down to 1 guard dudemon?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Cassin said:
you would go into a hyper paranoia state with a hair piece wondering if people spotted it

That's not paranoia..That's a fact of life. It does look obvious. I spot them all of the time. I did wear one. There are a FEW reasons why they aren't good.

1)You can't really go anywhere on windy days.

2)They shed (and I mean horribly) so you have to buy more than one while other one is being fixed.

3) This one was the worst. You can't be out in the sun too much. It turns red. This one happened to me. I was wearing it in the sun a few days in a row after having it for a while. I went to a store and was trying to sunglasses. The lady there asked me about the red tint in my hair. I had no idea to expect this. I looked in the mirror and was horrified. Went home and tore than thing off.

4) If you are completely bald, you are stuck with that lace front. If you have a good amount of hair in the front but none in the back, you are a perfect hairpiece candidate as you don't have to worry about people noticing as much as they only see your hairline.

5) Forget about swimming, playing sports with it no matter what the "commercials" tell you.

6) Forget about messing around with your guy friends. One wrestling type joke hold and that thing is coming off.

Again, I speak as someone who HAS wore it from two different places. Can anyone say the same?
Where did you order your pieces from HP? I heard that the adhesive works really good and you can do alot of things while wearing. I couldn't see a gust of wind blowing it off unless you just place it up there with no glue or just weak tape. IDK, maybe you just didn't experiment enough or just got some bad wigs? :dunno:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
I see pics like this guys and I think it could work really well;
Why did that guy even get a full cap when he already had a full head of hair? Sorry, but that is just silly like putting clothing on hairy dogs :shakehead: A full cap would mean that I could keep my head shaved and wouldn't have to worry about getting special haircuts but I'm not sure how natural it would look compared to a partial. I would need to see some pictures of actual bald guys wearing full caps but I just think it would look far more obvious. Maybe I should ask CCS which one I should wear?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Where did you order your pieces from HP? I heard that the adhesive works really good and you can do alot of things while wearing. I couldn't see a gust of wind blowing it off unless you just place it up there with no glue or just weak tape. IDK, maybe you just didn't experiment enough or just got some bad wigs? :dunno:

The first time, I made the mistake of going to a "club". BIG mistake. Then I went to another place which was better. Then a third place which was way better (didn't try to BS me) but it was all the same stuff.

That glue is strong but it will come off. And in the summer? Forget it.

I went though about 5 hairpieces in total.

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn Uncomfortable Man, I haven't been on in awhile, just saw your new profile pic. Why have you been beating yourself up so hard all these years? You're a rugged handsome looking dude!

barcafan

Reaction score
Gene_Fighter said:
Damn Uncomfortable Man, I haven't been on in awhile, just saw your new profile pic. Why have you been beating yourself up so hard all these years? You're a rugged handsome looking dude!

because he most likely has deep seated emotional trauma which none of us can really help with.

I.E he'll b**ch about how much everyone loathes baldies

We'll comfort him telling him it's not that bad and that he has alot to live for

He wont agree with that and tell us we're wrong because non baldies cannot sympathize.

It'll never truly end unless he seeks the help he really needs.

Obsidian

Reaction score
barcafan said:
because he most likely has deep seated emotional trauma which none of us can really help with.

I.E he'll b**ch about how much everyone loathes baldies

We'll comfort him telling him it's not that bad and that he has alot to live for

He wont agree with that and tell us we're wrong because non baldies cannot sympathize.

It'll never truly end unless he seeks the help he really needs.

:bravo:

Lock this thread.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Gene_Fighter said:

Absolutely.

I've always been a fan of UM and the fact that he looks great makes him an even more fascinating character.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Belmondo said:
Gene_Fighter said:

Absolutely.

I've always been a fan of UM and the fact that he looks great makes him an even more fascinating character.

If UM is not handsome despite being bald, then who is? (Im not counting black men here). He is way above average so I can understand people who feel his baldness shouldnt be much of a problem. But I fully support UM. I mean, imagine how he would look like with his hair left? He would kill the women by just looking at them. lol.

lock

Reaction score
cant a guy like UM tatoo small 'dots' in the bald part of the head, and keep the rest short enough (lets say shave every other day, i guess not a problem because its a smnall % of his head) so that it blends?

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
This is what I'm looking into.

http://www.artistryconceptshairreplication.com/

look at the one on the bottom.

I think this is an interesting treatment. One one level it 'works' . But it has shortcomings, big ones. First of, what would be your official explanation?

'I shave my hair short every week.' Wouldn't people get suspicous after a few months?

What about if you had a gf?

I think if people knew that you had tatooed your had(not you personally but people in general) it would be more of a joke then being bald..

At face value, this does 'work', but I think the long term issues surrounding this would be too problematic. It would look pretty weird being like 60+ with a 'shaved' head. Also people might start to become a little suspicouis.

Perhaps if you could get tatoos that would go after like 5 years or something, perhaps even less would make sense, so you could decide as time went on how long you wanted to continue it.

I guess it depends how I look bald. If Im really not happpy I may consider it. If in like 10 years there are no other options, ie HM, and Im bald and dont like it, it would definitly be an avenue I would consider..But those tatooes for life?