An open letter to Uncomfortable man

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I know it may sound reckless but I could give a sh*t about when I'm sixty. I've lived like this for long enough and there is no other solution out there that will "work" for me and I can't wait for some miracle treatment (HM) that will most likely come out when I'm 60. AC says there ink doesn't discolor or bleed over time, only fades eventually which was my main concern. I will have to see someone who had it done in person, but I'm telling you I'm this close to going through with it. What do I tell people? My hair is thinning so I keep it short and I like it that way. Enough people with full heads of hair choose to shave it down to the point where anyone who see's me will just assume I am another one of those guys. It beats having a glaring bald head for people to point at and make fun of.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I know it may sound reckless but I could give a sh*t about when I'm sixty. I've lived like this for long enough and there is no other solution out there that will "work" for me and I can't wait for some miracle treatment (HM) that will most likely come out when I'm 60. AC says there ink doesn't discolor or bleed over time, only fades eventually which was my main concern. I will have to see someone who had it done in person, but I'm telling you I'm this close to going through with it. What do I tell people? My hair is thinning so I keep it short and I like it that way. Enough people with full heads of hair choose to shave it down to the point where anyone who see's me will just assume I am another one of those guys. It beats having a glaring bald head for people to point at and make fun of.

Bottom line is that I cant see this solving all your problems. Once you get it done there will be something else to complain about.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
At face value, this does 'work', but I think the long term issues surrounding this would be too problematic.

The main concern I'd have is that although it could look good to the passerby just one person gets upclose and sees that the 'hairs' dont actually protrude from the head or touches what they think is going to be thick stubble and feels smooth skin instead and the whole illusion is blown.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
uncomfortable man said:
This is what I'm looking into.

http://www.artistryconceptshairreplication.com/

look at the one on the bottom.

I think this is an interesting treatment. One one level it 'works' . But it has shortcomings, big ones. First of, what would be your official explanation?

'I shave my hair short every week.' Wouldn't people get suspicous after a few months?

What about if you had a gf?

I think if people knew that you had tatooed your had(not you personally but people in general) it would be more of a joke then being bald..

At face value, this does 'work', but I think the long term issues surrounding this would be too problematic. It would look pretty weird being like 60+ with a 'shaved' head. Also people might start to become a little suspicouis.

Perhaps if you could get tatoos that would go after like 5 years or something, perhaps even less would make sense, so you could decide as time went on how long you wanted to continue it.

I guess it depends how I look bald. If Im really not happpy I may consider it. If in like 10 years there are no other options, ie HM, and Im bald and dont like it, it would definitly be an avenue I would consider..But those tatooes for life?

TBH If it makes UCman happy, he should go for it. However, the potential problems I can see are the following:

1) if someone decides to stroke his head, they wont feel any stubble. Thus, will wonder why there isnt any stubble. He may get a few digs about this, if they figure out why, and UCMan might start to become pretty paranoid as a result.

2) After getting it done, UCMan may miss not being able to grow his hair out long. And start complaining about the fact that he has to keep it constantly short.

3) Some people might figure out he has tattooed his head just by looking at his head. Again, he might develop the paranoia that he people have figured out, or are looking at his head. (a bit like wearing a toupee)

Either way, its probably a good idea getting done (if he feels it would make him happy), and whos to say if HM comes out he wont be able to opt going down that road 5 years later (with this being a temporary fix).

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out Michael Jackson's brother, he has had this hair-tattoo procedure done. It looks awful. Like a hair piece, it's just another bad cover-up, imo; people can still tell pretty easily that it's not real, or they can at least tell right away that something is very odd, even if they don't know what.

Nene

Reaction score
I honestly don't thnk you should do it. But if you do, always wear a hat when outdoors because the sun will fade the tattoos.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
As I've posted a few times now, before I started balding I was buzzing my hair off and I absolutley loved girls rubbing my stubbley head (they did too).

Don't get the tattoo, itd look like my old stubble but when people touch it (they will try, no matter where you are) they will think youre weird, youll feel as bad as you do being bald.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I would have to go over with the 0 guard every other day because even the slightest growth would give it away as you could easily tell the hair shafts from the flat dots. If I had this done I'm sure people would wonder why I shave my head all the time and ask me why I don't grow it out. I'd give them some bullshit excuse and they might get suspicious over time. But you see, I would never go out with my hair longer without a hat anyway...never. IDK, I couldn't bring myself to wear a wig. It's not permanent but it is alot of maintenance...but the tattoo is permanent which is scary. Either way if anyone found out it would be degrading but when you are on the absolute bottom you would do anything to avoid the humiliation, which is why so many profit from the insecurity that baldness creates.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
from a social standpoint...the tattoo is far worse IMO. You're PERMANENTLY putting dots on your head to make it seem like you shave a full head of hair that you could grow out if you wanted to...only you can't grow it out because its fake.

The good news is that not as many people as you think will ask why you shave your head...they really don't care too much in my experience. The bad news is....MORE people than you think will touch your head and notice.

I find it funny that you think people are cued in enough to automatically visually recognize the difference between a bald man with a hairline and one without...but they won't be able to realize the difference by touching your head. A lot of them will. They will feel that the back of your head has fuzz, but the scalp, which looks to be the same length as the back and has the same density as well...doesn't feel fuzzy. You would need to either BIC your head every single day (in which case the shadow is much less noticeable anyways) or endure the possibility that you will get found out....OR you can go the route of psychologically addressing your problems and realizing that the world doesn't just hate you because you're bald and perhaps...as much as you resent this notion and think its bullshit....a lot of your paranoia is IN your head. Truthfully based on a slight, minor social prejudice yes....but amplified to the point in your mind that is delusional.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
When I close my eyes and run my hand over my head it all feels the same. I may be an nw5 but I'm not totally smooth on top, not yet. So I think I could pass the touch test. Like I said, I could get away with it if I shave every other day. If I don't then I wear a hat...no different than how it already is. The only difference is that it will be even all the way around up top and I will have a shadow to frame my face again. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the permanent aspect of it at all but if they're work is really that good then I won't have to worry about doing damage to my scalp with repeat procedures. Like anything you have to weigh the risk vs. benefits. I know some may think this sounds extreme but is it really any more extreme or impractical than a traditional hair transplant?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont get that stupid tatt, i saw how it looks in the site.... and if it looks sh*t there then its not worth it.
I plan my "escape route" as : waiting for HM (or something new) in the next 3 years > FUE > Wig > Kill self
simple . :dunno:

s.a.f

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
When I close my eyes and run my hand over my head it all feels the same. I may be an nw5 but I'm not totally smooth on top, not yet. So I think I could pass the touch test. Like I said, I could get away with it if I shave every other day. If I don't then I wear a hat...no different than how it already is. The only difference is that it will be even all the way around up top and I will have a shadow to frame my face again. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the permanent aspect of it at all but if they're work is really that good then I won't have to worry about doing damage to my scalp with repeat procedures. Like anything you have to weigh the risk vs. benefits. I know some may think this sounds extreme but is it really any more extreme or impractical than a traditional hair transplant?

If you are going to go ahead with this then why not just start with tattooing yourself to a NW3 or even NW4 level, instead of going the full way.
Then see how it all works out before commiting to a bigger amount and lower hairline.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
^ if I wasn't i wouldn't be here, just like you :whistle: ...

I was only joking, directed at the ": kill myself" part, which i also hope was a joke XD. Not the fact you're on this forum lol.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The tattoo doesn't look great IMO..most normal hairlines are not as perfect and will have tiny vellus hairs at the front and whatnot. The tattoo is so ruler straight as to be unrealistic looking.

Also I'd hate if a great hair solution came out in the next few years but you can't use it cos you've destroyed your scalp with the tattoo procedure. (not likely I'll grant you, but worth considering)

Boondock

Reaction score
I don't understand why you don't just go for a conventional hair transplant. If you manage your expectations, and get a good doctor, you should be able to get reasonable coverage even if you're a NW7.

You're fond of saying that there's a world of difference between being NW3 and being slick bald. I'm pretty sure you could at least recover your hair to a NW3 standard with a good hair transplant surgeon.

Nichiyoubi

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it bro. Sounds like an eye magnet to get people to look at your head, which is exactly the opposite of what you want.