An open letter to Uncomfortable man

IBM

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
IBM will be the camp's nurse.......................................................... :whistle: HP will definitely seek his revenge on the nurse that refused to treat HP because he was balding.

Wrong. The nurse gave him Oral spironolactone and Loniten. He refused to take it and called names to her.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You make a pretty nurse IBM. reffering to your cold case avatar.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
You make a pretty nurse IBM. reffering to your cold case avatar.
That's not the actress from COLD CASE. That is Kristin Bell from Heroes.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
No, I'm pretty sure it's the actress from Cold Case.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uman if you hit the uk..your rolling with me. asset to the forums i think. u catch too much bullshit on here for no reason. u share ur opinions discreetly enough i think. not so many appreciate it here.

tbh im taking bill gates opinions over alan sugars anyday..

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Much obliged IWP. It would be nice to get away. I hear it's not so bad for baldies over there. Thanks

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think from what i hear the u.k is a bit more accepting of the bald look. s.a.f will back me up on that. alot of guys shave their heads through choice as well.

i think alot of ppl here need to relaise your a guy that vents here. i know for a fact if i met you in person ud be a perfectly grounded person.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I happened to stumble upon some studies that back up uncomfortable man's claims.

"In 1992, researchers at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, surveyed 145 men, and found that 84 percent of the bald men were preoccupied with their loss. They described themselves as filled with self-esteem issues, helplessness, and envy of men with full heads of hair. "

"research back in 1971(2)...revealed that the person with a regular quantity of hair was rated as most handsome, virile, strong, active, and sharp. The person with a balding head of hair was rated as least potent, weak, dull, and inactive, and the person with a bald head of hair was rated as most unkind, bad, and ugly."

There is also a table showing men with advanced hair loss have it much worse than those on the nice side of the Norwood scale.

Link: http://www.cindycut.com/bald-man-self-esteem-severe-hair-loss.html.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Tell us something we dont know.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
i think from what i hear the u.k is a bit more accepting of the bald look. s.a.f will back me up on that. alot of guys shave their heads through choice as well.

i think alot of ppl here need to relaise your a guy that vents here. i know for a fact if i met you in person ud be a perfectly grounded person.

I completely agree with this.

I live in the UK and the bald look, is just another look. A lot of people shave their heads out of choice. It also comes from the hard football hooligan look from the 1980's which is still popular. Many races here keep their hair short and its not such a big thing.

But - it still doesnt mean we are treated the same as nw1's. Universally, the uglier you are, the less well you will be treated sadly. It still means to a higher or lower extent we lose some of our attractiveness. Unless you are a black guy. Thats just life.

And as for Uman, I definitly side with what he is saying, it gets so tiring all the people trying to 'correct' his mentality with all this psuedo physcology stuff. Uman does just come on here to vent his frustrationgs, 'bdd' or not, and people like oknow really jar me, people just need to let Uman be as he is, and accept his point of view, which imo, is far more interesting and introspective then all the psuedo nlp crap a lot of people come out with here.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
No, I'm pretty sure it's the actress from Cold Case.

Definitely Kristen Bell.

Both hot though.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
HP's a big guy too apparently and he has the bald man's rage working in his favor. Anyone in their right mind would be scared of him, especially with his fixation on making people cripples...

My rage comes from a place other than hairloss. I just have no patience for rude people or people who treat others like sh*t. I"m actually a very caring dude. But when I see people like that, I would piss on them if they were dying in front of me. What can i say? :)

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uman needs to give the meds a shot like this guy did in a similar position. Might not get as much back but if you got some hair back on top the front could be sorted with a small and less expensive hair transplant

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53106

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats like a lottery win, I'd bet that the guy had'nt been bald for long though maybe 1 yr max. That really has to be the best regrowth ever seen he should be a paid showcase for Merck.

cuebald

Reaction score
He might grow enough "fluff" for Toppik to be viable though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm afraid to take meds because of the sheds (kidding). I don't have much left to shed, which is why I've never really pursued the big 3 because I have been bald for over six years at least. I have more terminal (vellous) hairs on top of my head than normal or even fine hairs. I think the momentum would be too hard to reverse. The damage is done.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UM i sometimes feel you come on this site for people to feel sorry for you. If that is the case I want you to know I don't feel sorry for yoy in the slightest. The amount of energy you spend on this site wallowing in self pity is a disgrace. Why don't you do something about your hair loss instead of moaning. Get on the meds and then in a few years get a hair transplant. If you don't want to go down this route then get a hair replacement. People have posted pictures of hair replacements to you and you have been impressed by the results so why don't you get off your *** and do something about it? I am 20 and I have to deal with hair loss. But I still have managed to achieve everything my peers have if not more. I have decided to get a hair replacement I suggest you do the same or quit whining.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
At this point, it would have to be a system because I can't afford multiple hair transplant's which I am probably already too far gone for them to make a big enough difference for the amount of money spent anyway. A system is a big step too. How is it working out for you? Please share your experience.