Amazing..... Something Is Happening.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently i use Minoxidil liquid (switched from foam a week ago) and still apply hydrocortisone. So I wait untill Minoxidil is dry then I tab some tap water into affected area then I take pea size amount of hydrocortisone and massage it in. All before going to bed. Its dries pretty much fast...and I am done. I do this 2-3 times per week (hydrocortisone application)
You must have short hair, I had to use a few of those pea sized amount of Hydrocortisone

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine came today, must be a different brand as it was very easy to apply, smooth and creamy. I think the last person who ordered said it was quite solid and needed water.

I'll get the brand name when I'm back at home.

Only slight issue is that because it is so easy to slip on, it's hard to know if you're using enough, or needlessly too much - it's not expensive but it was tricky to get and I don't want to blast through it.

So because it's the first time I just made sure to get it all on there, next time I'll have to be a bit more conservative with the spreading and get it right on the scalp. This involves turning on a bright light and looking at my diffuse up close.

tenor (4).gif

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine came today, must be a different brand as it was very easy to apply, smooth and creamy. I think the last person who ordered said it was quite solid and needed water.

I'll get the brand name when I'm back at home.

Only slight issue is that because it is so easy to slip on, it's hard to know if you're using enough, or needlessly too much - it's not expensive but it was tricky to get and I don't want to blast through it.

So because it's the first time I just made sure to get it all on there, next time I'll have to be a bit more conservative with the spreading and get it right on the scalp. This involves turning on a bright light and looking at my diffuse up close.

View attachment 75865
The most depressing moments for me, bright lights and a mirror after my shower.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: switching to liquid Minoxidil (from foam) resulted in loss of 50% gained hair. Topical hydrocortisone still applied. Please check up all previous photos and compare with the one taken today. Previously on Kirkland Foam and 2/week hydrocortisone. Switched to liquid around a month ago. Lost most of my gains from foam within 2-3 weeks. Stopping all together now. Conclusion. Minoxidil foam and topical hydrocortisone gave amazing hair growth. Switching to Minoxidil liquid caused loss of foam/cortisone hairs reverting to the baseline. Any questions folks feel free to ask.

Attachments

• IMG_20180117_061946.jpg
    IMG_20180117_061946.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:

Haircraft

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: switching to liquid Minoxidil (from foam) resulted in loss of 50% gained hair. Topical hydrocortisone still applied. Please check up all previous photos and compare with the one taken today. Previously on Kirkland Foam and 2/week hydrocortisone. Switched to liquid around a month ago. Lost most of my gains from foam within 2-3 weeks. Stopping all together now. Conclusion. Minoxidil foam and topical hydrocortisone gave amazing hair growth. Switching to Minoxidil liquid caused loss of foam/cortisone hairs reverting to the baseline. Any questions folks feel free to ask.
What do you believe to be the cause of Minoxidil foam performing better than Minoxidil liquid? Is the concentration different or could it be that liquid is more easily repelled by the sebum? After all, one of the sebum's properties is to repel water because it helps the body in preserving heat.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You've been taking the hydrocortisone for at least 3 months (how long exactly? thread started end of October and you had been taking it at least a few weeks before that).

Even at 2 times a week is it advisable to go near even 12 weeks? I just don't understand why the liquid would have such a drastically different result than the foam.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you believe to be the cause of Minoxidil foam performing better than Minoxidil liquid? Is the concentration different or could it be that liquid is more easily repelled by the sebum? After all, one of the sebum's properties is to repel water because it helps the body in preserving heat.
I don't believe mate...it's just pure results. Don't know the reasons etc. Only my personal experience. In addition I had no itch or anything from liquid same as with foam but for some strange reason I lost all my gains.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've been taking the hydrocortisone for at least 3 months (how long exactly? thread started end of October and you had been taking it at least a few weeks before that).

Even at 2 times a week is it advisable to go near even 12 weeks? I just don't understand why the liquid would have such a drastically different result than the foam.
Hydrocortisone yes once to twice per week.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hydrocortisone yes once to twice per week.

Yes I understand that, for how many months have you been taking it? I'm suggesting it's nothing to do with liquid or foam you just took it for an overly extended period of time.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I understand that, for how many months have you been taking it? I'm suggesting it's nothing to do with liquid or foam you just took it for an overly extended period of time.
Might be but my son is use it since 7 now 18 for his eczema with no adverse results. No one will know... really. Lol. I am not bothered tbh. I've just stopped all but it was good fun when hair grew mad...good luck all:)

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have had a similar experience, although I am using Oral minoxidil. On my first brand I was doing good, My hair thickened up and got some regrowth, when I switched brands I lost all my regrowth.. It's been a month and a half since the switch and I'm still shedding with no regrowth. I hope things get better for the both of us @artursco

INT

Reaction score
Cream turned out to be a fail because I simply have 'too much' hair to properly apply it to my scalp. I ordered a spray with 0,5 hydrocortisone which I will be applying 2 times a week. Spray has the perfect consistency: fluid, yet not runny.

Will keep you guys updated. Currently also on zix which seems to have slowed down the shedding a bit

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am back!!! Gents yesterday taken photo. If you followed my tread you can compare all pics. Changes I made. I stopped hydrocortisone about a month ago. Now only on Nizoral 2% and my true love Regaine Foam:).

Attachments

• IMG_20180207_073206.jpg
    IMG_20180207_073206.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 597

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
wasnt your case a case of a alopecia areata?
U said it was a completely bald spot that was there for years, then out of sudden with the aid of a corticosteroid cream your hair all of sudden start to regrowth in that area. Wasnt that alopecia areata instead of male pattern baldness?

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No no...it started years ago...very slowely...my dad has exactly same vertex balding as me. Full head of hair with bald patch at the back.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started losing there when was 32 now 40....it was slowwww process. Alopecia Aerata is a sudden hair loss. I was reciding there for years.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started losing there when was 32 now 40....it was slowwww process. Alopecia Aerata is a sudden hair loss. I was reciding there for years.

I feel as if the hydrocortisone sprouted new hairs semi terminal ones and the minoxidil grew them out for you. That’s why u are able to drop hydrocortisone but not minoxidil.

What you think?