Amazing..... Something Is Happening.

Serverr

Reaction score
This is amazing! I actually did the exact same regimen a few months back and had great results, then chickened out because of the thinning skin horror stories.. I will try this again for a while, how bad can 1% - 2 times a week really be, come on.

Will take pics and upload if i have any success.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting... Which brand of hydrocortisone are you guys using?

I'm also seriously considering doing this, so anyone got a suggestion for brands?

And do you purchase with just an online chemist?

INT

Reaction score
I'm also seriously considering doing this, so anyone got a suggestion for brands?

And do you purchase with just an online chemist?

Just onboxed my cream. It is called cremicort 1%. Will put it on later today/

INT

Reaction score
Ok that was literally impossible to get onto the scalp on the areas that still have hair...

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gonnna appy it again tomorrow and see if I can water it down a bit.

I know minoxidil reacts very badly to my hair when damp, makes it go stiff and as it's diffuse it becomes totally see through.

Of course this is a different product, and maybe watering beforehand will help.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello well overdue photos!!! I am extremely happy with the results!! Wife and even kids noticed the difference....f.......ing yesss. Have dropped hydrocortisone to once a week still Kirkland 5% foam twice a day.

Do you think this could work even on temple areas as well as say crown area?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think this could work even on temple areas as well as say crown area?

Oh and are you on Finastride or no? If one wants to take this, would you say get off finastride?

I'm on Finastride for a month now and it's the worst shed/thinning I'm experiencing ever. I had a shed with when I started Minoxidil solution but not as bad as what I am seeing with Finastride.

INT

Reaction score
I know minoxidil reacts very badly to my hair when damp, makes it go stiff and as it's diffuse it becomes totally see through.

Of course this is a different product, and maybe watering beforehand will help.

Well water always makes diffuse hair see through doesn't it? Which kind of minoxidil do you use?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well water always makes diffuse hair see through doesn't it? Which kind of minoxidil do you use?

It's kind of hard to explain but my hair can be damp and a bit fluffy, and is in best condition if it dries as such. However if I then add minoxidil while still drying damp then it just turns rock hard and sh*t.

It's regaine, the UK version of rogaine, exact same as far as I know. And actually I find if my hair's completely dry it normally helps a little with styling, gives it the volume that thin hair desperately need.

Well anyway good luck with the science experiment, that brand is not too expensive I just don't want to be depressively rubbing at my scalp trying to apply it. That'd crush me on a daily basis, I'd just lose the plot and take a razor or screwdriver to my diffuse. f*** it.

INT

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to explain but my hair can be damp and a bit fluffy, and is in best condition if it dries as such. However if I then add minoxidil while still drying damp then it just turns rock hard and sh*t.

It's regaine, the UK version of rogaine, exact same as far as I know. And actually I find if my hair's completely dry it normally helps a little with styling, gives it the volume that thin hair desperately need.

Well anyway good luck with the science experiment, that brand is not too expensive I just don't want to be depressively rubbing at my scalp trying to apply it. That'd crush me on a daily basis, I'd just lose the plot and take a razor or screwdriver to my diffuse. f*** it.

Yeah I know that feeling buddy. I am not a fan of topicals. It always pisses me off when I see someone complain about applying topicals and some guys just reply with 'it just takes 2 min, just like brushing your teeth bro'. Yeah well bro, brushing my teeth makes me feel fresh, applying a topical makes me feel bald.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know that feeling buddy. I am not a fan of topicals. It always pisses me off when I see someone complain about applying topicals and some guys just reply with 'it just takes 2 min, just like brushing your teeth bro'. Yeah well bro, brushing my teeth makes me feel fresh, applying a topical makes me feel bald.

For the most part I don't mind because like I say it actually makes my hair look like it has slightly more volume, but I have a method of applying it in the semi-dark (bedroom light shining in through the door etc), rubbing til dry, possibly patting a little with a towel (but obviously not by defeating the point by ridding of the minoxidil).

Only then can I turn on the bathroom light and witness it, I have an idea of how to firstly push it up and place it before seeing it under lighting, so the diffuse won't ruin my mood for the day. Then the careful arrangement happens.

I still have a decent hairline however (NW2ish), I don't know how good I'd feel applying it to NW3+. If the missing island went I'd probably not turn on the light.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know what you guys are saying and to be honest I didn't realise it was such a hassle for some because as mentioned it usually helps my hair (unless that damp issue comes up but this isn't the majority of the time).

However there are guys who are just lazy, don't even go on minoxidil because they can't imagine trying to put it on twice a day.

I've grown to actually quite like doing it because at least like it feels like I'm doing something about it.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use minoxidil 1x a day and works very well

I put my minoxidil on damp scalp and my hair looks like crap but it's fine because I use this before I going to sleep

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dry my hair with blowdry and use Minoxidil solution once it's dried - I've been using it 2 years now, I think it has ruined my hair condition. I use it in morning and night.

Twice a week I use an oil just recently to improve condition of hair and then I have a good conditioner also, again just recently.

I've tried the foam but I feel the solution is more direct and hits the scalp better.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dry my hair with blowdry and use Minoxidil solution once it's dried - I've been using it 2 years now, I think it has ruined my hair condition. I use it in morning and night.

Twice a week I use an oil just recently to improve condition of hair and then I have a good conditioner also, again just recently.

I've tried the foam but I feel the solution is more direct and hits the scalp better.

Not being funny here and maybe it's hard to explain, but any particular reason you find it gets in to the scalp better? I'm just not sure what it means. Also wondering how long you tried to foam as a comparison.

I never seriously thought about trying the solution form, which brand do you use?

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I regained my crown on Foam Kirkland minoxidil, it frizzes hair less and it didn't give me sever dandruff that the solution did.

That's interesting, I was finding it weird to use this foam.

Do you apply it on Dry hair? And how do you exactly do it?

Also how much do you squirt out?

For example my areas are crown and temples and front hairline. I would do one squirt in my palms to hit my crown. Then a little bit more specifically where I would hit the temples and rub it in there.

But I just felt it dissolves so quickly even in my hands wasn't sure if it was even working.

INT

Reaction score
For anyone complaining about minoxidil ruining hair (drying, frizzing etc), try a minoxidil without Propecia glycol. That sh*t literally makes my hair look everything I do not want (thin, light, frizzy and the weirdest thing it manages to make my hair look too greasy and too dry at the same time). Just found out that the hydrocoritsone cream I just bought also has it in it so I might toss it in the trash and I will look for a cream without any.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone complaining about minoxidil ruining hair (drying, frizzing etc), try a minoxidil without Propecia glycol. That sh*t literally makes my hair look everything I do not want (thin, light, frizzy and the weirdest thing it manages to make my hair look too greasy and too dry at the same time). Just found out that the hydrocoritsone cream I just bought also has it in it so I might toss it in the trash and I will look for a cream without any.

What would you replace the pg with? Who would formulate something different for you?