Amazing..... Something Is Happening.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really...my son had eczema so was prescribed a lot of hydrocortisone started applying and this is where I am...surprised to be honest.

Beatlejim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations Artursco. Do you know of any way to thin the hydrocotisone cream out to be able to spread it over a larger area. I have hair on top but it is very very thin and I would need to spread it thin and evenly. Maybe if I just added some water while I spread it. I read where it is not for long term use due to thinning the skin. Does this concern you. Will you stop using it if your hair fills out completely. Maybe just using it as needed when and if your hair starts to thin again.I also read where it should be applyed about 30 minutes after you apply your rogaine. When do you apply yours? Congratulations again and I hope it just keeps getting better for you.

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really...my son had eczema so was prescribed a lot of hydrocortisone started applying and this is where I am...surprised to be honest.

Ok so I have a nephew who’s five years old. He’s suffered badly from eczema in the past and is now COVERED in hairs. It’s that bad that when we talk about we can’t say ‘hair’ as we don’t want to give him a psychological complex, so we have to spell it ‘h.a.i.r’ when talking about it in front of him lol. Anyway point of the story is that he was prescribed bethamethasone cream from 2 years onwards (I think a little stronger than hydrocortisone). My sister is absolutely convinced that this caused his hair growth even though she used the bare minimum amount and was using it as directed by the doctor. He was using it for about two years. A little boys physiology is completely different I guess but it’s still interesting. He has two older brothers that didn’t suffer from eczema and they have normal hair growth.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congratulations Artursco. Do you know of any way to thin the hydrocotisone cream out to be able to spread it over a larger area. I have hair on top but it is very very thin and I would need to spread it thin and evenly. Maybe if I just added some water while I spread it. I read where it is not for long term use due to thinning the skin. Does this concern you. Will you stop using it if your hair fills out completely. Maybe just using it as needed when and if your hair starts to thin again.I also read where it should be applyed about 30 minutes after you apply your rogaine. When do you apply yours? Congratulations again and I hope it just keeps getting better for you.

I don't use it daily. Only twice a week max. What I do is I apply my Kirkland Foam first around 7-9pm. Before going to bed witch is around 11pm I just slightly tapping some tap water and put the cream after. With reference to skin thinning I don't know...my son had eczema since one month old...had used cream and uses still now 18. I don't really think twice a week application can do any harm....but again everyone is different. I am not a doctor to say if will be safe for you or not....it kind of worked for me...I might stop one day....don't know.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interested in this. I wish there was more research. I’m assuming your scalp was slightly red and warm to touch before?

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Today taken pic..please view first page of this thread to compare my results.......

Attachments

• IMG_20171129_214216.jpg
    IMG_20171129_214216.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Funny thing is that I am now almost 40 yes....tried Regaine for almost 3 years 2 years ago with no results....strange....decided to give Minoxidil a shot again...now 6 months in. Not sure why getting results now and didn't get any before..might hydrocortisone helps but have been applying this once a week for last 8 weeks..only difference is that I use Kirkland Foam (US made not Israel)...also I hope it will keep growing and not stop after let's say 2 years like many mentioned due to short Minoxidil effectiveness...will see..
Wow. Impressive results

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way....I prefer Kirkland over Regaine...feel more tingling when applying.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@artursco i have a few questions:

1. Did you have any scalp inflammation/eczema or was it just a bald spot and wanted to try steroid cream?

2. Is it a light layer of cream you’re applying? Or do you really lather it up?

3. Do you dermaroll?

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems as I posted in my thread that Dexamethasone ( and it seems Hydrocortisone) increase aromatase enzyme and lower inflamattion, which are positive for hair growth.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way....I prefer Kirkland over Regaine...feel more tingling when applying.
@artursco i have a few questions:

1. Did you have any scalp inflammation/eczema or was it just a bald spot and wanted to try steroid cream?

2. Is it a light layer of cream you’re applying? Or do you really lather it up?

3. Do you dermaroll?

Ref.1. no eczema..just a bald patch that was developing slowly for last 8 years (same as my grandfather had) Read that hydrocortisone reduces inflammation so just started applying it. Thought if there is a DHT inflammation present it might help.

Ref.2. Just as small pea size amount.

Ref.3. no derma rolling.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied yesterday to pretty much the entire scalp, very thin layer. I’m going to start 3 times a week. Then after a month go down to twice and see how it looks after a few months.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied yesterday to pretty much the entire scalp, very thin layer. I’m going to start 3 times a week. Then after a month go down to twice and see how it looks after a few months.
Good luck mate. Please note that I am just using and amount that does not do any harm to me. Everyone is different...if you want to try it no one is stopping you. Maximum I've applied was twice a week. Good luck.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm.. i dont know. I just know you shouldnt use sterios cream over long periods. Hydro is reduced strength a fairly weak steroid. Im not against trying new things and regrowth success but id be wary. I remeber i used it years ago in hairline and it helped on temples but i started to feel the skin was thinning and quickly
Stopped

How quickly did you notice results and at what frequenc/quantity were you applying?