Amazing results, only 56 days in on big 3! (23, using dutasteride)

Tumi1509

Reaction score
Guys- a quick update. I appreciate the outpour in excitement! I am continuing to see success and have had much more additional growth. My natural hairline has appeared as tiny black fine hairs and my cowlick is coming back at the frontal hairline. My sister is a cosmetologist and said she hasn't seen my hairline in years. Although some areas are very fine, I expect to see growth and thickening continue as it has in every balding area.

Pics and a detailed update to come soon.

Tumi1509

Reaction score
Guys here is a pic comparison. The pic with the most hair is 92 days in on the regiment.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 5,893

baldingrob1

Reaction score
Guys here is a pic comparison. The pic with the most hair is 92 days in on the regiment.

this is so awesome!! you went from like nothing to so much in 92 days! really happy for you man!

how are side effects? have you seen any breast development? is your sex life still good? how about brain fog?

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great stuff, I hope for the same, I'm 5 weeks in on only finasteride. So far nothing positive to report, in fact my hair looks worse than baseline but with only 5 weeks under my belt that could be just renewed hair cycles or continued thinning as its simply not long enough to judge.

Tumi1509

Reaction score
.5 and I've considered maybe doing a bit more.

Most of my hairline is back but it still shows recession since the new hairs are very fine. They are terminal so I assume overtime things will continue to improve. I'm looking to add to my regiment and was considering topical spironolactone as a possibility

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Impressive results, Tumi. I'm on 1mg/day finasteride and 5% minoxidil 2/day (most of the time) and I've been able to maintain my hair for over 8 years now. For those of you discouraged about such a regimen, you gotta try it for at least a year and you may be pleasantly surprised.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.5 and I've considered maybe doing a bit more.

Most of my hairline is back but it still shows recession since the new hairs are very fine. They are terminal so I assume overtime things will continue to improve. I'm looking to add to my regiment and was considering topical spironolactone as a possibility

So may I please ask you one question:

- How many times do you wash your hair per day if you're using Minoxidil?

I'm asking many people this, because I want to get an idea on if washing 2x per day is a bad idea....
Thanks

Tumi1509

Reaction score
Wash once a day and use a very good expensive conditioner. My hair feels healthier than ever (it is naturally very coarse)

Of course I'm on dutasteride, don't you think I'd update if I removed a key part of this? And no I don't have man boobs

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Who are you receiving your dutasteride. from?
My Doctor is not going to approve my request.
Thanks for your reply.

LosingHairIsNotFair

Established Member
Reaction score
How the **** is this regrowth possible?

Yeah..I'm your age OP and I'm thinking about going on dutasteride, however, I don't know how to convince a doctor to give me a medication that is only approved for BPH. How did you convince him/her?

Justeone

Reaction score
Nice progress . I was on finasteride from about 24 years old and switched to dutasteride around 27 . im now 28 almost 29 . it has maintained so far I believe . maybe I've lost a little .. still have my crown holding which is was getting a bald spot when I started finasteride at 24. so I've been on aa's for years now . no side effects except one . sometimes I get ball ache . not often maybe a couple times a year. and yes I've had sheds . but it seems to grow back . started at a Norwood 2.5 or 3 and still around a 2.5 or 3 . praying for a new treatment tho . been in this hairloss game for such a long time it seems already . nice progress with dutasteride . it's a powerful drug . good luck everyone hopefully soon we will have something better