Amazing results, only 56 days in on big 3! (23, using dutasteride)

Tumi1509

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a young 23 year old male who has been plagued by hairloss from an early age. By 19, I was pretty aware that my hairline was receding quickly. I went to a dermatologist and was proscribed propecia. After reading side effects online, I was too scared to use the drug.

Fast forward to about 2 years ago. I saw a hairloss doctor and was set on getting a hair transplant. I am very glad I did not, as I saw a run of the mill-- we want your money type doct. I think I even posted some questions here before a few years back, but couldn't find my old username.

About two months ago I was sick of not doing anything. I was sick of the fact that in about a year I had gone from thinning to almost completely bald in the front and my vertex was severely progressing. I wanted to recoup as much hair as possible. I read many non medical solutions and started there.

After a week or two of those methods, I decided to take the plunge and get dutasteride. I first started out with a script from my doctor on Advodart, and by my last fill, the script had a generic on the market (dutasteride) by TEVA. My monthly copay went from $48 to $8 which I was very happy about. I purchased a 6month supply of Kirkland brand Minoxidil from Costco (manufactured by the same company as rogaine). I did this for a few weeks, when I ready about Nizoral. I purchased the OTC version. Last time at the Doctor, I asked for script for the 2% and I was able to get that with only a $4 copay (yay! cheap and stronger nizoral).

What you are going to see is a very dramatic change. The changes shown are after only 56 days of treatment, nizoral was about 2-3 weeks after Rogaine and dutasteride. I have a derma-roller and have used it about 5-6 times. I just use it once on the weekends, and still apply minoxidil after. I am so ecstatic, I am probably going to start a blog outlining my progress. I have about 150 pictures so far outlining the progress.

Keep in mind the starting pictures were taken with a front facing camera, which is why they were grainy. I quickly realized the best method of pics, which you will see in all future photos.

Side Effects:I did start getting dandruff from Minoxidil, but the nizoral resolves that. I also use about a 3 month supple in a 2 month window. (more than suggested). I am taking one .5mg of Dutasteride each day. For the first two to three weeks I noticed some ball ache (like light blueballs, mild headache in the balls). This has since disappeared. I haven't noticed any sexual side effects, I can still perform 3+ times daily. I realistically do not get any acne anymore. Each month I used to get a few zits, but I don't get anything now. I may have had 1 zit in the past 2 months and it was a sweat zit at the hat line. This was awesome for me!!

Some people note less body hair. I haven't really noticed that, but I can say my beard appears to be growing in more full than before.

My suggestion to any young man like myself: do not let this take over your life. My biggest regret was not starting a treatment sooner. I hope to get back most of what I lost, but the earlier you start, the better your chances!! Do not make the mistake of giving up or let the overly negative hairloss community sway you into believing there is nothing you can do.. because you can! Here is proof!

The black spot is a identifying tattoo covered.

Note: I will not entertain the negative crowd and/or respond. Lets act like adults.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6015.png
    IMG_6015.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 24,300

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Looking forward to see your upcoming progress!

When did you first notice your hair got thicker?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very impressive for the short amount of time you have been on it. Can't wait to see your full head of hair at a year!

Reaction score
Wow this is really impressive. Nice side effect that your acne is gone! Besides this the side effects are pretty normal. Happy for you!

Tumi1509

Reaction score
awesome....how has the dutasteride been working? no sides still?

Side effects have not changed. No ball ache any longer and definitely no sexual side effects (wooohooo for 3x yesterday!)

Congratulations! Looking forward to see your upcoming progress!

When did you first notice your hair got thicker?

Thanks so much. I would say realistically I noticed change within two weeks. No one else could see the results and kind of though I was crazy. But when you look at yourself in the mirror each day, you are the best judge of yourself.

Very impressive for the short amount of time you have been on it. Can't wait to see your full head of hair at a year!

Thank you!! Me too, I'm hoping at a year things will be beautiful again!

That's great progress. You went from NW4 to Norwood 2 or 3. You should be very proud. At this rate, you'll probably gain until a Norwood 1 or zero!

I am super proud and dedicated to keeping my routine up! Thanks for the kind words!

Wow this is really impressive. Nice side effect that your acne is gone! Besides this the side effects are pretty normal. Happy for you!

That has been very very nice. Who wouldn't love having no acne. I was interested that DHT has such an effect on acne. Thanks!!

YEAH MATE, THAT'S HOW YOU GROW HAIR!!

good for you man!

Heck yes!! Keep on growing!! Thank you!

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Its amazing how well these anti androgens work for some people. Its like your follicles were just desperate for a break form DHT and came back so fast.

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice progress
What pharmacy did you go to get the teva prescription filled? That would save me a lot if I decide to get on dutasteride

RadicalRad

Reaction score
Great Looking Man

I envy your progress man. Wish I had results like yours. Straight jealous over here! haha Keep at it

Tumi1509

Reaction score
Nice progress
What pharmacy did you go to get the teva prescription filled? That would save me a lot if I decide to get on dutasteride

I went to a local neighborhood pharmacy and CVS. It's basically standard now. You shouldn't even need to request it. As of right now Teva is making the only generic on the market within the USA.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!! Someone commented on my hair. First time in years it was positive!! So excited

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my 64 day update! Each day gets better. Going to go back to my barber this week to get a fade on the sides to allow for growth on top, instead of buzzing it myself.

Picture are attached of now and then!

(posting mobile sorry for grammar mistakes)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 8,659

jorgedudicoff

Reaction score
Great results, I'm interested in knowing why you jumped straight for dutasteride instead of finasteride first? Just kinda wanted to plunge into the most aggressive treatment?

Reaction score
congrats its really hard to stick with a regime especially when you have extreme hairloss. your progress is convincing me to start again, I have the same type of loss. keep up the good work man.

bobaf88

Reaction score
I have almost the exact same hairline as you started with and have just ordered finasteride. Needless to say, you made my day when I saw this. Thanks for sharing and keep it up.

CryoLombax

Reaction score
Wow

Dude I literally just signed up for hairloss, been a reader for a while but your results inspired me. I can't believe how much your hair grew back. My hair looks similar. I am a black african american male with typical short hair that was at least 2 inches (short fro only two-three years ago)

THIS GAVE ME HOPE! :')