All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenVegas01

Reaction score
smitysmity said:
BenVegas01 said:
Are you having any results with Bimatoprost so far?

Bimatoprost is proven to the point Allergen is trying to rush in order to get a hair loss growth stimulant solution on the market which could take 1 to 10 years to actually come out.

Yo Smitty.... as you can probably tell, im right behind BIM working - but Allergen has the benefit of working with a verified pure product, studying the best vehicles and dosages before they release. At the moment i'm interested in knowing how our BIM solutions are performing. Mine hasn't made a big difference in the 3 months so far with 1mg/ml per day. So im increasing my dosage.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
BenVegas01 said:
Yeah man, i agree with this. It is expensive, and to increase the dose of an unknown product is risky. But I think we may have been a bit out with the initial thoughts of comparing strengths with the Latanoprost study.
Gotcha. I see what you're saying, and the 10X example makes sense. I just checked and the price of lat is very close to bim. Lol we may have really fu$**ed up going with bim. Lat may be slightly less effective at the far end of the dose-response curve, but its therapeutic concentration is much lower. We could be experimenting with much higher and powerful doses without breaking the bank. Whoever was running that monkey study wasn't completely crazy using latanaprost.

BenVegas01 said:
Are you having any results with Bimatoprost so far?
Considering I dropped minoxidil cold-turkey, things still look OK. I'm applying to hairline and below, and have tiny new hairs sprouting there.

smitysmity said:
We keep mentioning that 0.03 is not going to be effective yet people seem to keep ignoring it and buying it anyway. Considering how expensive Bimatoprost is, you're wasting your money.
But .03 latanaprost would... :whistle: for the same price.. :whistle: ...

and no, I'm not talking about the eye drops, Xalatan is going to be just as ineffective as Lumigan, although someone is bound to ask anyway. :woot:

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
BenVegas01 said:
Mine hasn't made a big difference in the 3 months so far with 1mg/ml per day. So im increasing my dosage.

It's suppose to thicken and grow your hair. It's extremely difficult to notice but when your hair falls out, check the root of it and compare it to an old hair. If it looks thicker, it's working.

Allergen also says you need to give it 120 days. I am on about Day 45. From the photos I saw, I didn't see much progress until Day 75. I also believe you need about 1% for it to be effective. I haven't been doing that since 2 weeks ago. I'll be able to judge if it's working or not in September or October. If I see no growth, then I'll recommend against anyone buying Bimatoprost.

Also, if the Bimatoprost isn't working that these other companies are selling us, then the Bimatoprost in generic latisse is probably not working as well. They probably buy from the same source.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:
But .03 latanaprost would... :whistle: for the same price.. :whistle: ...

and no, I'm not talking about the eye drops, Xalatan is going to be just as ineffective as Lumigan, although someone is bound to ask anyway. :woot:

Here are the costs

Latisse
Latisse is a licensed brand made in a first world country which runs for around $100 a bottle. It would end up costing you around $1,000 a month if you use pure latisse.

Generic Latisse
Lumigen, which is a non licensed generic brand of Latisse made in a 3rd world country runs for around $10 a bottle. It contains 3ML per bottle. If you use 1ML a day, then you're paying around $100 a month.

Pure Bimatoprost
Pure Bimatoprost without a solution which is also non licensed and made in a 3rd world country runs for around $600 per 200mg. If you were to use just 0.3mg per ml, then the cost would run you around $27 a month.

I get this number from the following math
0.3mg a day = 667 days of Bimatoprost
30 Days in a Month = 22.233 Months of Bimatoprost
$600 Divide By 22.233 Months = $26.99 A Month

So yes, it is significantly cheaper using pure Bimatoprost and I highly doubt that the Lumigen is anymore "real" bimatoprost than pure Bimatoprost being that they are both unlicensed third party countries producing both.

End Result: You're spending roughly 3X to 4X more money buying Generic Latisse than Pure Bimatoprost.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
Smitty;

Since Bimatoprost has a short half-life, 2X per day application is probably required so your cost estimate is doubled.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Half-life alone doesn't necessarily mean a lot. The desired effect can linger on well after the drug is gone. Have you come across anything that said 2X a day was recommended?

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
While i agree about the comment regarding half-life, until I have evidence otherwise, I am going with 2X daily application.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:
Smitty, Fail. :) You left out latanaprost. :smack:

I thought latanaprost was Bimatoprost for a second. There are so many generic names out there, I really don't know these days. They all sound the same.

What exactly is latanaprost?

BenVegas01

Reaction score
Hey
JohnNYC said:
While i agree about the comment regarding half-life, until I have evidence otherwise, I am going with 2X daily application.

Hey John,

Check out the most recent patent application - was uploaded a few pages back. Pretty sure they mention once per day - and then after initial growth even once per week. PG Analogs have more lasting effects than Minoxdil apparently.

Still, who knows, maybe twice per day will work better! Keen to hear your results.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Lumigan (Latisse is same drug, but marketed specifically for eye lash growth) is the Allergen trade name for bimataprost eye drops.
Xalatan is the Pfizer trade name for latanaprost drops. (No eyelash version, though can be used off-label)
Travoprost is the Alcon trade name for fluprostenol drops. (No eyelash version, though can be used off-label)

All three are F-series prostaglandin analogues used to treat glaucoma, with similar side effect profiles, including hypertrichosis. Anecdotally, bimataprost is thought to cause the most eyelash hypertrichosis. A trial recently ended comparing latanaprost with bimataprost in the treatment of eyelash hypotrichosis in alopecia aereta, so the results of this will be interesting. Too bad they didn't put it on the scalp too while they were at it.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It may have a short half life but its effect on the hair follicles lasts quite a long time. I think it must bind to prostaglandin receptors for quite a while.

montrose

Reaction score
Rabid said:
big3nme said:
Lets get this order going! What responses have we gotten from the labs so far? Do any of them know about our group order (having to split purchase and delivery between 10 of us?)

As it stands now, looks like OC is the cheapest, $1450. There's one other one mentioned for $1000. It's most likely not a well known company.

Here are the offers we have:

http://www.jnhaohua.com -- USD 1600 - 1 gram
http://www.bepharm.com -- EUR 1200 - 1 gram
http://www.langchem.com -- USD 1550 - 1 gram
http://www.ontariochem.com -- USD 1450 - 1 gram

I assume they will all split this order... :dunno:

Anyone know if these prices are still accurate? Would Latanoprost be cheaper since most those companies already have the powder available?

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
I still would like to see some test from any source, of course OC being my choice...

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rabid said:
Lumigan (Latisse is same drug, but marketed specifically for eye lash growth) is the Allergen trade name for bimataprost eye drops.
Xalatan is the Pfizer trade name for latanaprost drops. (No eyelash version, though can be used off-label)
Travoprost is the Alcon trade name for fluprostenol drops. (No eyelash version, though can be used off-label)

All three are F-series prostaglandin analogues used to treat glaucoma, with similar side effect profiles, including hypertrichosis. Anecdotally, bimataprost is thought to cause the most eyelash hypertrichosis. A trial recently ended comparing latanaprost with bimataprost in the treatment of eyelash hypotrichosis in alopecia aereta, so the results of this will be interesting. Too bad they didn't put it on the scalp too while they were at it.

Despite the above mentioned reports, Xalantan is currently not one of the recommended medications for prevention and treatment of hair loss and probably more studies are needed for its efficacy and side effects in comparison to other available hair loss medications.

For a drug that has been out 10+ years, you'd think there would be more proven results for this.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
smitysmity said:
Rabid said:
Despite the above mentioned reports, Xalantan is currently not one of the recommended medications for prevention and treatment of hair loss and probably more studies are needed for its efficacy and side effects in comparison to other available hair loss medications.

For a drug that has been out 10+ years, you'd think there would be more proven results for this.

I have often wonders why prostaglandin analogues remained under the radar for so long regarding male pattern baldness, as their hypertrichosis have been reported for some time. I guess they were deemed no more effective than Minoxidil...

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but Allergan is starting Phase II Clinical Trials for bimatoprost as a male pattern baldness treatment. They're scheduled to be completed by next September.

Anyone have an idea on an estimated release date? I'd think since the drug has already been approved for lashes it'd be out on the quick-ish side.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
terrapin12 said:
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but Allergan is starting Phase II Clinical Trials for bimatoprost as a male pattern baldness treatment. They're scheduled to be completed by next September.

Anyone have an idea on an estimated release date? I'd think since the drug has already been approved for lashes it'd be out on the quick-ish side.

It's going to be a while still.

Couple years at least. It's also going to be expensive. If Latisse is $100 a bottle, expect this to be about the same for the head. Pure Bimatoprost in your own solution is going to be 10x cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.