All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mg oral minoxidil works crazy well for me, but I had to stop due to shortness of breath. Argh... For some reason I cant tolerate even topical minoxidil now. I had various medical tests and apparently there's no damage as far as I can tell. Anyway, looking back I could tolerate oral minoxidil while I was taking antidepressant ssri medication and the side effects seemed to correlate / increase while I was coming off the antidepressants. I didnt realize it at the time but now I'm fairly certain its related to brain chemistry. Anyway I thought I'd share for info...and those who have sides it could be aggravated by depression/ anxiety.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha sounds a bit heavy mate. The nosebleeds are worrying. Must be from thin blood. Interesting to see if they stop.

Lines on the forehead - i see a lot of comments about collagen depletion bcos of oral min. Sounds similar.

No comment on the part we all do this for - any change to the hair growth?
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see if they do. Yeah man my face wrinkles are more pronounced now, not bad enough to bother me mate. Hair still growing very quickly. All I need is front inch of hairline to gain abit more density and I’m done brother.
Maybe spinro will do that for me - this time around no side effects funnily enough, 150-200mg everyday.

how’s your hair going??

hoko

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's been almost 3 months for me.
Effects on hair
more and more hairs growing on the temples in the nw0 and Norwood-1 areas
ridiculous hair density increase

side effects
some heart palpatations
increase in heart rate
lots of eyelash and eyebrow growth
hypertrichosis on my hands, arms, chest, and lower back. good thing for me

This is all on 0.1ml of kirkland minoxidil, or 5mg of oral minoxidil
i've changed the dosage slightly by spreading it out over the day.
2.5 in the morning and evening

So far this has been the most powerful hair loss drug ive taken so far
definitely not to be taken lightly, however. do NOT take this if you have a family history of heart problems
start on 1mg and work up to 5 at the absolute max. your body absorbs around 1mg when using topical minoxidil anyway, so 1-5 isn't a great deal of deviation. i think it is most effective in people who dont see tremendous effects with topical. it may be due to scalp thickness or lack of conversion to minoxidil sulfate.

going above 5 is asking for trouble. remember, youll have to use this for life, like any other medication.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see if they do. Yeah man my face wrinkles are more pronounced now, not bad enough to bother me mate. Hair still growing very quickly. All I need is front inch of hairline to gain abit more density and I’m done brother.
Maybe spinro will do that for me - this time around no side effects funnily enough, 150-200mg everyday.

how’s your hair going??
What are you on at the moment?

I need that hairline growth as well bro. Hoping the dermarolling might do it.

Just got a prescription for dutasteride the other day. Does anyone think adding duta 1x a week to daily finasteride will add much benefit?

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a huge instant growth on 8mg and now I'm shedding after those two crazy months.I don't know if this is only a cycle buy I will see what happens.If it grows back I will go back on 5mg and use topical once a week after microneedling.There are some lines on my forehead and thats about it.I've had the same heart palpatations on topical minoxidil.
I cut my finasteride into quarters,measure 0.16 ml of topical minoxidil and put it together with finasteride in capsule.I will probably try to get prescription for 5mg loniten.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had a huge instant growth on 8mg and now I'm shedding after those two crazy months.I don't know if this is only a cycle buy I will see what happens.If it grows back I will go back on 5mg and use topical once a week after microneedling.There are some lines on my forehead and thats about it.I've had the same heart palpatations on topical minoxidil.
I cut my finasteride into quarters,measure 0.16 ml of topical minoxidil and put it together with finasteride in capsule.I will probably try to get prescription for 5mg loniten.
How long you been on 8mg?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to achieve any hairline growth? As in actually started to lower their hairline?

Seems to be f*ing impossible!!

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will probably go back to topical minoxidil,just need to find a way to battle contact dermatitis on my scalp when I use topical.Looking back at the photos of my hair it looks like it was topical that gave me regrowth(introduced it for two weeks after switching from 5mg to 8mg oral).1 year ago when I was using topical only I was shedding a lot but never went below baseline.It just seems like oral works only on midscalp and sides.Crown and temples are shedding like crazy.

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm talking about a ''boost'' that it gave me.Never really went below baseline on topical but on oral its just going further and further.When I Introduced topical back I got an insane amount of regrowth in 4-5 weeks.Than it stagnated and started shedding again.Shedding was also there on topical but as I said,never went below baseline.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
What it is more amazing, is that are taking it without a diurectic, that is a must.
And this is a loop. Don't you use google ? was already tested by many , many forums users in early 2000s .

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t know how you guys don’t take diuretics with oral.. I quit months ago and am STILL swollen in my cheek area and below my eyes.. it aged my face like three years in only 7 something months..

I think I have a pic of how awful it made my under eyes with bags

Attachments

• CA890379-6CD4-4B63-8DD2-6409D233A639.jpeg
    CA890379-6CD4-4B63-8DD2-6409D233A639.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 148

Baldimur

My Regimen
Reaction score
What it is more amazing, is that are taking it without a diurectic, that is a must.
And this is a loop. Don't you use google ? was already tested by many , many forums users in early 2000s .
Are you talking about me or?I am taking it with diuretic,from where did you draw a conclusion that I'm taking it without it?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t know how you guys don’t take diuretics with oral.. I quit months ago and am STILL swollen in my cheek area and below my eyes.. it aged my face like three years in only 7 something months..

Doesn’t look bad at all man. I wouldn’t worry, it should go back to baseline. Did topical give you similar effects?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t look bad at all man. I wouldn’t worry, it should go back to baseline. Did topical give you similar effects?

Thats how aging works, you wake up one day and you have bags or a new wrikle you havent noticed before.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats how aging works, you wake up one day and you have bags or a new wrikle you havent noticed before.
Id agree with you but some people have noticed the effects reverse after getting off minoxidil. So either it’s just delusion or maybe minoxidil does have some weird effect on skin

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

I used topical like six years ago and it didn’t give me anywhere near the effect that oral did. When I started oral, I had swollen upper eye lids for weeks and then my cheeks under my eyes started getting very puffy and inflammed which I still have after being off.