All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah mate it’s huge amount but my blood pressure ect hasn’t changed a great deal.. I know it’s genuine stuff and it’s prescription from doctor.

I’m thinking if I can tolerate side and get decent results of 15-20mg hopefully they can be kept if I was to taper down to say.. eventually 5mg daily.

I’m also thinking of using 16% minoxidil topically I have it on hand.
As long as you doing it under supervision of a doctor or dermo you be good.

Ive heard other people talk about that, starting high to achieve results and then taper down. I dont see why it wouldnt work tbh

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think once a day is fine, i take dutasteride and 100mg spironolactone in morning and 100mg spironolactone and 5mg oral min at night

hey mate, do you consider spironolactone to be worth taking? I’m consider taking an anti androgen along with my oral minoxidil and avodart.

Can you tell me anything from your experience? Also how’s libido?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey mate, do you consider spironolactone to be worth taking? I’m consider taking an anti androgen along with my oral minoxidil and avodart.

Can you tell me anything from your experience? Also how’s libido?

I think it's probably worth taking, my libido is ok, some gyno on my left side, i would lower your dosage of oral min though, i was taking 20mg for a while and saw no difference between that and 10mg, im currently taking 5mg. I don't think high dosages of oral min are a good thing over the long term. 5mg showed no changes to ECG.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 5mg daily (1x5mg) since December 2019. It does not work at all for me, seriously. I lost muchh hair since December, it's scary. I am an heavy diffuser. So please don't think it's a miracle treatment on its own for male pattern baldness, it's clearly not without finasteride or dutasteride. It's either cut your balls (finasteride's job) or lose your hair. Cruel world.

Eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker and longer, beard is fuller. I can see obvious collagen destruction on feet and hands (very deep wrinkles) and slight face collagen destruction in the eye area

I will soon add microneedling, but i don't think it will change anything

Oral minoxidil is so useless for me that iam thinking about adding topical minoxidil... Who knows..
in my country, dermatologists that prescribe oral minoxidil for AA, usually prescribe also topical for a sinergistic effect
you may want to dermaroll with it

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take both oral min 5mg and 1.25mg finasteride daily. Since also adding dermarolling to the temples i reckon ive seen the biggest improvement

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's probably worth taking, my libido is ok, some gyno on my left side, i would lower your dosage of oral min though, i was taking 20mg for a while and saw no difference between that and 10mg, im currently taking 5mg. I don't think high dosages of oral min are a good thing over the long term. 5mg showed no changes to ECG.

How long did you use 20mg, did you notice little dark hairs along the hairline? I can only see them in certain lights, hoping they turn terminal.

grim used 10mg and got his growth around 9 months mark. do you still shed even on spironolactone??

how is it possible we’re not getting the growth, we crush our dht, and seriously reduce our T to basically nothing, plus we’re using minoxidil!!

pisses me off

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you use 20mg, did you notice little dark hairs along the hairline? I can only see them in certain lights, hoping they turn terminal.

grim used 10mg and got his growth around 9 months mark. do you still shed even on spironolactone??

how is it possible we’re not getting the growth, we crush our dht, and seriously reduce our T to basically nothing, plus we’re using minoxidil!!

pisses me off

I don't shed anymore on my current regimen, but the beginning of this year i stupidly tried letrozole at 2.5mg for two months and it wrecked my hair, im still trying to recover from the horrific shed it caused. I can't remember exactly how long i used 20mg for tbh, but long enough to know the hair benefits were negligible compared to the long term health impact of taking 20mg every day for the rest of your life.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I use 2.5mg a day and it helped rapidly for the first 4 months and then just ceased to work on my hair. Now I just have puffy eye swelling and fluid retention. Def isn’t worth it in my opinion.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use 2.5mg a day and it helped rapidly for the first 4 months and then just ceased to work on my hair. Now I just have puffy eye swelling and fluid retention. Def isn’t worth it in my opinion.
I didnt get any swelling on oral minoxidil, on topical however my face becomes a balooon

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes literally no sense.
It does topical 2ml has like 100mg of minoxidil if all of that goes into the scalp face its gonna absorb water, 5mg is gonna absorb water all over the body not just the face

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score

do you think 1.25 mg is safe?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

1.25mg is too low, use 5mg for an effective and safe dosage, if you suffer from water retention etc ask for a diuretic. Those sorts of low dosages are usually only used for women and have shown to be nowhere near as effective as 5mg.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
1.25mg is too low, use 5mg for an effective and safe dosage, if you suffer from water retention etc ask for a diuretic. Those sorts of low dosages are usually only used for women and have shown to be nowhere near as effective as 5mg.
In a study 1,25mg performed a little bit better than 5% topical

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
In a study 1,25mg performed a little bit better than 5% topical

Can you post the study? only one i have seen is low dosages like 1.25mg and under for women and the difference between the effectiveness of 2.5mg vs 5mg. It's becoming more and more popular with dermatologists these days anyway, i still think 5mg is the best dosage.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post the study? only one i have seen is low dosages like 1.25mg and under for women and the difference between the effectiveness of 2.5mg vs 5mg. It's becoming more and more popular with dermatologists these days anyway, i still think 5mg is the best dosage.
I take 5mg aswell but i read it sometime ago cba to search it tbh since im just taking the big dose for the big gains

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 5mg aswell but i read it sometime ago cba to search it tbh since im just taking the big dose for the big gains

How long have you been taking it? i have been on oral min since about september/october 2018, most of that time on 10mg but went as high as 20mg out of desperation, im on 5mg now. Wish my results were better but can't have everything i suppose, saves the hassle of topical.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
It does topical 2ml has like 100mg of minoxidil if all of that goes into the scalp face its gonna absorb water, 5mg is gonna absorb water all over the body not just the face

It doesn’t ALL go systemic that’s why it’s formulated that way.. I’ve done both as well. Oral minoxidil If egit will 100% cause facial swelling. It only took two weeks for my under eyes to swell and they are insane right now from it.

I tried lasix for two months to relieve it and all that did was make me feel even worse and tired. No retention relief

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

Just start low and be patient. I started on 2.5 and went up because my results were so good and then it literally destroyed my face and when I backed down, I lost all of my gains and now I just have fluid issues.