Absolutely terrified of relationships

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Connecticut, which is in the Northeast.

And I'm sure your "wild" sexual experiences are far from over, EvilLocks (mine too!). Your wig (which you won't be needing for a long time, if ever) will be the last thing on any guy's mind lucky enough to be with you.

This is hilarious! Mine - on an inflatable kayak, going through a passage that connects two lakes, thinking we were alone... when... an ENTIRE family in a canoe entered from the other side. The kids had no idea what was going on, but the Dad gave me the most evil look I have EVER seen as he floated by. I just smiled and winked. haha

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very well said. I totally agree. Joan, no matter how much hair loss these young guys have, I still envy they still have their youth.

We don't have our youth, we have a premature aging disease in my opinion.

I find reading some of the stories in this thread depressing in a way.

I have to ask, and I know this isn't popular or politically correct but:

In this age of tinder and women cynically deciding they'll sleep around with potentially hundreds of 10/10 men, before finally eventually settling down with some "provider" (i.e. one of us poor saps) when they start getting ugly with age- what's the point? What's in it for us men anymore?

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is hilarious! Mine - on an inflatable kayak, going through a passage that connects two lakes, thinking we were alone... when... an ENTIRE family in a canoe entered from the other side. The kids had no idea what was going on, but the Dad gave me the most evil look I have EVER seen as he floated by. I just smiled and winked. haha

That's what you think. They're probably still in psychotherapy!

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even under the influence of alcohol? (Think Raj from The Big Bang Theory) And I'm sure you are being a bit hard on yourself when you say you make awful first impressions. What makes you think this? Believe it or not but there was a time when I suffered from social anxiety (in my early teens), and I thought that everyone saw me as weird and stupid. I felt that everything that came out of my mouth sounded stupid, and I thought everyone secretly hated me. Which wasn't the case, but that's how I saw myself. Anyway, I don't suffer from social anxiety anymore and I know I'm a good and likeable person now. I don't really know where I'm going with this but just remember that just because someone has told you that you make awful first impressions, doesn't mean everyone thinks so. And just because you don't connect with some women, doesn't mean you won't connect with all. I believe that there's somebody out there for everyone, and that when the time's right you'll meet someone who completes you. But maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic?
Thanks for the kind words Evil Locks.

First, I don't believe that there's someone out there for everybody. A lot of people end up alone, and a lot of people end up in miserable, unhappy relationships.

As for me, I've done really poorly. I've managed to get close to a few women (none recent), and they were very, very few in number. I then had another problem: I've had moderate erectile dysfunction since age 23. No doctor can do anything for me other than prescribe anti-depressants and order blood tests that come back normal. Right now I'm working hard on losing weight and gaining muscle and eating better, in an effort to reset my body chemistry. It's a long road though ... I was 5'11 and ~245 lbs a year ago lol. I'd like to get my BMI down to 24. It's now ~27.

Social anxiety is a reasonable idea. I think I have some social anxiety but it's moderate honestly. It's an impediment, but not an insurmountable one.

In what way(s)?

All the "wild sexual experiences" can't compare to meeting your true soulmate. Maybe men feel differently.

I've had a lot of women tell me that they thought I was an arrogant a**h** when they first me, but then grew to like me as a person once they got to know me. This seems to only happen with women, not with men, even with women with whom I'm not initiating any romantic overtures, in a purely professional context, etc.

This is fine in a professional or academic context, even if someone hates me at first, that's tough luck, they're going to see me again hundreds of times possibly. On a first date, you get one chance. Women have hundreds of choices for men, if a man doesn't hit a home run on the first date, he's out.

Here's a photo of me from a few months ago, I'm going to pull an Evil Locks and only leave it up for a few hours (lol ;-) ):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1467455052_f6909aa65515f1a64c3c3160a3c9c3b9

I was celebrating the completion of a cake-decoration course (I love cooking and baking, I'm taking three more night courses this year and counting). You can see my clothes don't fit because I recently lost weight. But I have this smirk on my face which a lot of people find off-putting. I think it's the smirk, I don't know.

[I brought the cake to work to share among ~30 people because it totalled ~12,000 calories, lol, I didn't put that in the profile]

The other issue is I'm ethnic (parents are North African Jews), and I come from a lower-income background. So when I'm confident in myself on any issue, people take offense since they assume I'm supposed to be inferior. There's an upper-class white woman who works here, she's terribly insecure because her career is a failure, as far as I can tell she takes out all of her ire on me, probably because she believes she's entitled to be better than me, and the fact I'm professionally accomplished and respected by my peers is a deep offense to her, much more so than if a white, 6'3 man was more accomplished, as that's expected.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have our youth, we have a premature aging disease in my opinion.

I find reading some of the stories in this thread depressing in a way.

I have to ask, and I know this isn't popular or politically correct but:

In this age of tinder and women cynically deciding they'll sleep around with potentially hundreds of 10/10 men, before finally eventually settling down with some "provider" (i.e. one of us poor saps) when they start getting ugly with age- what's the point? What's in it for us men anymore?

Personally, I want children.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dave, you're a handsome dude and your hair looks good Brother.

My hair looks ok now and I want to keep it that way. I've got early male pattern baldness.

The way I see it, I'm probably a 3/10 with women now, if I go bald, I'll be a 1.5/10, maybe I'll break even and remain a 3/10 if I lose 20 lbs, I don't want to break even though.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Realtalk: The hair is no problem but the smile and posture are somewhat off-putting. It's not an appealing image if I put myself in the shoes of a swiper.

I spent a lot of time selecting pics for my profile and picked angles that made me look good (while still being honest). It really helps with responses.

I can never get a picture that looks as good as what I see in the mirror, I don't know why. I even tried getting professional photographs.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair looks ok now and I want to keep it that way. I've got early male pattern baldness.

The way I see it, I'm probably a 3/10 with women now, if I go bald, I'll be a 1.5/10, maybe I'll break even and remain a 3/10 if I lose 20 lbs, I don't want to break even though.

3/10?? nah... you're too hard on yourself man.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
3/10?? nah... you're too hard on yourself man.

I did an experiment where I liked every single women suggested to me on eHarmony. Every single one, even the morbidly obese girls, the ones that were out of town, the single mothers with 3 kids, etc. My criteria for matches was an age range (24-34 or close to that) and within a geographic range.

I get about 4% to like me back (equivalent to swiping), and less than 1% to meet me, this is with a sample of hundreds so it's statistically significant. Women are recoiling in disgust.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score

In another post, you said that you have moderate erectile dysfunction since age 23. Yet I see you're taking finasteride. Does finasteride have any effect on worsening this sexual dysfunction? Because it wreaked havoc on my sexual function.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were to ask evillocks, joan or parissienne, they would all say the same thing - :ididit:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you certain that this is entirely based on your pics and not on your profile? I was on OKcupid for a while and I also tried e-harmony. I noticed a drastic difference in who would respond to me between the two. Perhaps e-harmony attracts women that are a little more "stuck up". That's my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt obviously.

I had more success on OkCupid as a younger man. I think OkC is better as it's more personality-driven. I was getting ~2 dates/year on OkC, but with much less effort, and with higher-quality women.

But there just seems to be very few women on OkC. Far fewer than on eHarmony, might be a canberra thing. I do plan on trying OkC again when I move.

- - - Updated - - -

In another post, you said that you have moderate erectile dysfunction since age 23. Yet I see you're taking finasteride. Does finasteride have any effect on worsening this sexual dysfunction? Because it wreaked havoc on my sexual function.

I don't know if it's related, as there are many ways to have impaired ED. I'm giving finasteride a couple months as is the general suggestion to allow the system to settle.

I could also try RU. I might just go for that, but I'm weary of the work involved, there's a guide on how to use RU and it seems to involve many different pieces, you have to weigh it, keep part of it in the freezer, etc.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seeing her again tomorrow night.. I will try to put potentially negative future outcomes out of my mind and simply just enjoy the moment.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

blackg

Reaction score
What do you mean, you had sex with an inflatable kayak?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean, you had sex with an inflatable kayak?

You'd be surprised... some lipstick, a wig and some nail polish and it practically looks like a woman

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... no...

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Funny, Damien Saez was the very first artist I saw in concert when I was 15 years old.

He was also one of the first singers to touch me so deeply. I had never heard this song, it made me cry.

**** Fred sorry, didn't mean to make you cry. But that's also how you spot a really good song !

EvilLocks

Reaction score

LOL, I think you win the prize of the craziest sex experience so far.

- - - Updated - - -

"In the end what do they have that we don't ?"

Hair ... :/