About To Shave, I Need An Honest, No Bs Assessment

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You yourself said the hairs are never lost
Yeah, in my last post I meant in "lost" as temporarily loss until you try HRT or something as strong, which you arent willing to go for. Hence they are "lost" in your case.

baldcel503

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not shave it and try adding RU? the fact you are getting pimples on the scalp could be due to high scalp testosterone which is handled by RU. It is actually not super expensive and will probably be afforded by simply ditching the high cost custom pills you are on for generics.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not shave it and try adding RU? the fact you are getting pimples on the scalp could be due to high scalp testosterone which is handled by RU. It is actually not super expensive and will probably be afforded by simply ditching the high cost custom pills you are on for generics.

Ya I think RU is a route I need to go through. A guy on r/tressless sent me a link for a lab that provides pre-mixed and certified quality RU

Edit: https://www.chemyo.com/

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thicken the hear in the middle of my head to the point where I can step out of the house without toppik or a hat on
RU wont do that. You’re already on oral finasteride which is much better. Duta may give you amazing regrowth but its very rare.

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If youre serious about regrowing hair you will need to include microderming/wouding in your routine. If not then just shave it off.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with your ARs. IMO you should try blocking your ARs while still using finasteride + minoxidil. The problem is, while there are currently 2 drugs to block ARs (spironolactone and Bica), they are quite feminising..

So, i would suggest you try dutasteride and slowly drop finasteride as dutasteride builds up in your body.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
If youre serious about regrowing hair you will need to include microderming/wouding in your routine. If not then just shave it off.

I was doing a deep wounding with a 3mm needle once fortnightly but full off the wagon due to laziness. I actually have a derminator 2 but I don't know how to approach dermawounding due to all of the different methods out there. Deep wounding? Light wounding with topicals? What is your opinion?

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...I don't know how to approach dermawounding due to all of the different methods out there. Deep wounding? Light wounding with topicals? What is your opinion?

WOUNDING PROTOCOL
Since the Follica protocol has been disclosed, it probably makes most sense to follow that, since they probably have researched it all more in-depth than anybody else.

IN SHORT:
- wounding depth = 0.8 mm;
- wounding frequency = every 2 weeks;
- wounding intensity = 1600 wounds / cm2 (= 30+ minutes for Derminator2 @ high speed, depending on the wound area);
- wounding & Minoxidil area = 2cm beyond balding areas / into healthy hair;
- Minoxidil application = morning & evening, in case of sides reduced / no dosing a day or 2 before & after wounding;

FOLLICA PROTOCOL - EXCERPT POST & THREAD:
[EDIT: rectified incorrect link that pointed to the patent instead of the summary post]
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...croneedling-protocol-patent-disclosed.126994/

FOLLICA PROTOCOL - IN FULL:
https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2019232242A1/en?assignee=follica&oq=follica&page=1

Last edited:

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so f*****g hopeless. I can't believe I am losing hair on my regime. I am not seriously considering suicide but I know now why people get suicidal about this. It's so unfair that there's nothing you can do and other people out there have perfect heads of hair and they have to do f*** all to maintain it. I am just sick of life.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so f*****g hopeless. I can't believe I am losing hair on my regime. I am not seriously considering suicide but I know now why people get suicidal about this. It's so unfair that there's nothing you can do and other people out there have perfect heads of hair and they have to do f*** all to maintain it. I am just sick of life.

I would like to see a photo of your face right now. (Block out the eyes maybe.)
From what I can see on your first set of pics, you have a very dense beard and look quite probably much better with beard and buzzcut than with hair.

I don't think you are a lost cause, but I don't think the anxiety you put into hairloss makes sense.

Quite a few guys legit look amazing bald. Check out the guy in 'ex machina'.

Keep fighting but don't let it ruin your life. My expert eye doesn't see any further loss, but I would still cut it short, get an smp and maybe a bunch of grafts down the road.
Pro tip: all guys have more density in the sides than on top, so cut the sides much shorter.

Looks is just 50% for guys, the rest is status and you have a good enough baseline look without hair to become a 6 or 7 and to pick up 8s or 9s with a bit of luck.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your regimen ??

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for translate... I started with finas but in a few years I saw that it was not enough and I changed to oral dutas, zix as lotion and various oils for inflammation, I am 45 years old, with fine hair, young initial fall and I still have a lot of hair. Also... to regulate side effects a zma supplement of zinc, magnesium and b6

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP and clean yourself up a bit.. new wardrobe, better nutrition, tan.. it will make a world of difference.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP and clean yourself up a bit.. new wardrobe, better nutrition, tan.. it will make a world of difference.

Honestly I am confident I could look decent bald, I just don't want to. I know I looked so much better with good hair, and I just want my damn hair back.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, if you were gonna start finasteride it should have been in 2015. in my opinion just shave it, and rock the beard