A Very Interesting New Follica Patent: Needling Device And Drug Applicator

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that surprised me is Follica device being designed to reach 5 mm deep.

Thats really extreme and im sure this device configuration will only be available in the clinical setting.

Those who use 2 mm dermarollers or dermastamps know what im talking about.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing that surprised me is Follica device being designed to reach 5 mm deep.

Thats really extreme and im sure this device configuration will only be available in the clinical setting.

Those who use 2 mm dermarollers or dermastamps know what im talking about.
5mm deep? Is that right? I mean....good god, they may be touching bone at that point.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5mm deep? Is that right? I mean....good god, they may be touching bone at that point.

Yeah, maybe its for scar removal? The patent mentions other uses for the needling devices.

Last edited:

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The phase 2a of RAIN must have been completed by now... Also by the end of february we should have the report from puretech health about RAIN....
Can anybody confirm that?
Noisette maybe??
Thanks!

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The phase 2a of RAIN must have been completed by now... Also by the end of february we should have the report from puretech health about RAIN....
Can anybody confirm that?
Noisette maybe??
Thanks!

One of Follica clinical advisors recently published something on his Ig account that seems to be related with the pivotal trial. He basically said his clinic will be starting clinical trials for some "cutting edge treatment" soon.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of Follica clinical advisors recently published something on his Ig account that seems to be related with the pivotal trial. He basically said his clinic will be starting clinical trials for some "cutting edge treatment" soon.
Sorry to be the pessimist but thos is groundhog day over and over with follica. When I see it I will believe it.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Follica expects to initiate the pivotal study in androgenetic alopecia following completion of an ongoing optimization study in the first half of 2019."

Not sure if this is new or not but it is on PureTech Health site...

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Follica expects to initiate the pivotal study in androgenetic alopecia following completion of an ongoing optimization study in the first half of 2019."

Not sure if this is new or not but it is on PureTech Health site...
Old news but thanks anyway.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Soooo I’m already wounding with an electric device every week, and have been doing so for quite a long time. I’m already using minoxidil. Looks like I can write this one off.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Soooo I’m already wounding with an electric device every week, and have been doing so for quite a long time. I’m already using minoxidil. Looks like I can write this one off.

Topical min ?
Btw, if u believe that ur hair loss is androgen related, why not try CB ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical min ?
Btw, if u believe that ur hair loss is androgen related, why not try CB ?
Because I’ve tried duta, RU, daro, estrogen, cpa, flutamide, equol, seti.. list goes on, and all were ineffective.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I’ve tried duta, RU, daro, estrogen, cpa, flutamide, equol, seti.. list goes on, and all were ineffective.
If I’m not mistaken, CB works with the same mechanism as CPA (competes for androgen receptor). If CPA doesn’t work on you, then CB might also not work.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica may have compounds that help with neo genesis , and they probably go in deeper? We’ll hopefully find out more from them

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica may have compounds that help with neo genesis , and they probably go in deeper? We’ll hopefully find out more from them
Find out more? You have better luck breaking into bank vault. They have been quite hush hush for many years now. One delay after another. Yes I'm crying a river but whatever.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've wounded for over 3 years. And I continue to make progress, as do others who have put in the time. I didn't see anything more than vellus in the first 3 months just like you, and I didn't notice much more than that after 6 months. But I now have quite a few new terminal hairs, even more that are intermediate hairs, and some that are still vellus. You have far less experience and real world knowledge on wounding than I do yet you post as though you're an authority on the subject. It's time for you to admit you may be wrong here and bow the f*** out.
I will PM you the survey I am doing on all the rollers/needlers. Would be cool if you could fill it out so I can add it to the survey thread! Data from someone doing this for three years would be extremely valuable!