A study on pgd2 and androgens relationship

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are all literally throwing sh*t at the wall to see if it sticks to defeat this curse. Let’s keep it positive. Not to sound like an after school special, but working together is key.
I truly belive the real problem is the fact those ingredient cost sooo much so its expensive risk just find out if doing anything.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it hormonal issue or its genetic issuse?
the main problem is not ur androgens its your sensetivty to them i know thick strong nw1 with dense beard that in their 30s while i know 19 guys with no faciel hair who balding . Its the sensrtivty problem and im glad kintor developing somthing aginst it
The study i posted literally shows that "androgen sensivity" comes from pgd2

it2wi

Reaction score
Prostaglandin D2 receptor (DP2) antagonist (TM30089) decreases dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-induced androgen receptor (AR) and prostaglandin expression in human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs)

Nice find, thanks for posting.
Are you administering aspirin orally or topically?

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I was imagining it— but my shedding has reduced 10 fold since incorporating niacin flushes every other day
A 10 fold reduction in shedding is amazing!! I've yet to find anything that reduces my shedding that dramatically.

May I ask which niacin brand & dosage you are using?

A week ago, I started taking Life Extension No-flush Niacin 640mg (Niacin activity without the characteristic flush) but I'm guessing it's too soon to notice any shedding reduction. I'm curious how many weeks before you started to notice reduced shedding with Niacin? I'm curious if your shedding reduced all at once or if it sort of slowly ramped down?

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand, just cut off androgen signaling, especially on scalp, and you're good lol.

Tho you will most likely have more problems then... just than hairloss lol

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A 10 fold reduction in shedding is amazing!! I've yet to find anything that reduces my shedding that dramatically.

A week ago, I started taking Life Extension No-flush Niacin 640mg (Niacin activity without the characteristic flush) but I'm guessing it's too soon to notice any shedding reduction. I'm curious how many weeks before you started to notice reduced shedding with Niacin? Did shedding reduce all at once or did it kind of slowly ramp down?
GNC. 1000 MG

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A week ago, I started taking Life Extension No-flush Niacin 640mg (Niacin activity without the characteristic flush) but I'm guessing it's too soon to notice any shedding reduction. I'm curious how many weeks before you started to notice reduced shedding with Niacin? I'm curious if your shedding reduced all at once or if it sort of slowly ramped down?
You need the flush. The flush is caused by the elimination of pgd2.

Your No-flush Niacin is totally useless

inmyhead

Reaction score
You need the flush. The flush is caused by the elimination of pgd2.

Your No-flush Niacin is totally useless
Is there any paper which claims that niacin's flush is caused due to removal of pgd2? Also, how can we know that it removed pgd2 and not just makes follicles bathing in pgd2 due to flush?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any paper which claims that niacin's flush is caused due to removal of pgd2? Also, how can we know that it removed pgd2 and not just makes follicles bathing in pgd2 due to flush?

We know it's PGD2 related because Aspirin, which lowers PGD2 by 86% will prevent the flush.

However, I'm a little hesitant to use or recommend niacin after reading in a study it increases serum PGD2. Whether that means more is freed up to damage follices or not, I don't know. Maybe it's bad for the hair until you no longer get noticeable flushing symptoms? Dunno, just speculating.

But I think if someone is interested in lowering PGD2, there are better options.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We know it's PGD2 related because Aspirin, which lowers PGD2 by 86% will prevent the flush.

However, I'm a little hesitant to use or recommend niacin after reading in a study it increases serum PGD2. Whether that means more is freed up to damage follices or not, I don't know. Maybe it's bad for the hair until you no longer get noticeable flushing symptoms? Dunno, just speculating.

But I think if someone is interested in lowering PGD2, there are better options.
what other options?? Out of curiosity. I'm using a castor oil+niacin combo currently.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what other options?? Out of curiosity. I'm using a castor oil+niacin combo currently.

TM30089 and OC000459 are both PGD2 inhibitors made for doing specifically that, and they're pretty affordable, just a matter of finding a reliable source.
Cetirizine lowers PGD2, as does Aspirin, but there are caveats to consider with both that have been discussed already. Ceti can have antihistamine effects on histamine receptors that actually have a relationship with testosterone production. Aspirin is mostly good, but it lowers PGD2 by inhibiting COX, not PGD2 itself, so you also get lowered PGE2 which is supposedly good for hair growth. It is also anti-estrogen which in theory can be bad for hair.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"It is interesting to note the opposing effects of PGD2 (the prostaglandin that induces the niacin flush) and PGE2 in the balding model (above), where chronically high PGD2 resulted in suppression of PGE2. A pulsatile release of PGD2 (an ACUTE release) as in the niacin flush would be anti-inflammatory, not pro-inflammatory as with chronically high PGD2. Hence, you could see an INCREASE in PGE2 by suppressing chronically high PGD2. The balding model, in fact, shows hair growth and the cessation of hair follicle death resulting from slight modulation in the ratio of PGD2/PGE2, in which PGE2 is increased, while chronically high PGD2 levels are reduced to “normalize” the ratio. The niacin flush causes pulsatile, not chronic, release of PGD2."

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TM30089 and OC000459 are both PGD2 inhibitors made for doing specifically that, and they're pretty affordable, just a matter of finding a reliable source.
Cetirizine lowers PGD2, as does Aspirin, but there are caveats to consider with both that have been discussed already. Ceti can have antihistamine effects on histamine receptors that actually have a relationship with testosterone production. Aspirin is mostly good, but it lowers PGD2 by inhibiting COX, not PGD2 itself, so you also get lowered PGE2 which is supposedly good for hair growth. It is also anti-estrogen which in theory can be bad for hair.
could you use oral ceti? Or would it have to be topical?