A study on pgd2 and androgens relationship

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You talk about like its no the first choice of ppl that dont want to use finasteride. We been there . Dosent work. We have like 400 studys of things that work on paper but not in real life. That the bitter truth
Not true at all. First off— I never said “it’s the first choice of ppl”. That’s categorically untrue, and I never claimed that. Second we have tons of studies and anecdotal evidence that PGE2 and PGD2 play some role in male pattern baldness (among countless other factors). We are all trying to figure out how to crack the balding “code”, but it’s a FACT that they’ve noticed a correlation between Prostaglandins and balding. At the end of the day, I don’t believe it’s the main cause (I believe androgens are, most likely) but it does have a role in the cascade.

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol @ roeysdomi, I remember that nutter from tressless.

Anyway, do you guys not notice any negatives from niacin flushes? No effects on your mood or anything?

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true at all. First off— I never said “it’s the first choice of ppl”. That’s categorically untrue, and I never claimed that. Second we have tons of studies and anecdotal evidence that PGE2 and PGD2 play some role in male pattern baldness (among countless other factors). We are all trying to figure out how to crack the balding “code”, but it’s a FACT that they’ve noticed a correlation between Prostaglandins and balding. At the end of the day, I don’t believe it’s the main cause (I believe androgens are, most likely) but it does have a role in the cascade.
Castor oil dosent work . I save you money and time . Its been used by so many ppl. All started from the same studies. male pattern baldness is some strong complicated sh*t . Heavy gun like dutasteride and finasteride dosent stop it so your wasting your time . But go a head

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor oil dosent work . I save you money and time . Its been used by so many ppl. All started from the same studies. male pattern baldness is some strong complicated sh*t . Heavy gun like dutasteride and finasteride dosent stop it so your wasting your time . But go a head
Clearly you have your mind set in your ways— so no point in trying to argue further :) again— many people (including many on this site) will attest to it having an effect on hair growth. And also your claiming dutasteride and finasteride don’t stop hair loss...? I’m not even gonna touch that one, my friend lol

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clearly you have your mind set in your ways— so no point in trying to argue further :) again— many people (including many on this site) will attest to it having an effect on hair growth. And also your claiming dutasteride and finasteride don’t stop hair loss...? I’m not even gonna touch that one, my friend lol
Non of this drug are stopping her loss they slow it down . But the way they work does nothing to solve the root of male pattern baldness which is your sensetivty. And im happy you try stuff that what i love about this fourm , but its old stuff that ppl already tried in the past there is even a section here you need to find it and read what ppl report

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Non of this drug are stopping her loss they slow it down . But the way they work does nothing to solve the root of male pattern baldness which is your sensetivty. And im happy you try stuff that what i love about this fourm , but its old stuff that ppl already tried in the past there is even a section here you need to find it and read what ppl report
Sure— I agree. But unfortunately, that’s the best option we have right now. Until they find some way to literally alter you DNA (which is most likely YEARS out), this is all we got. And it’s pretty effective. Hell, People manage to hold onto their hair for decades from just finasteride.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure— I agree. But unfortunately, that’s the best option we have right now. Until they find some way to literally alter you DNA (which is most likely YEARS out), this is all we got. And it’s pretty effective. Hell, People manage to hold onto their hair for decades from just finasteride.
I think SM look promising , it even kept working when ppl stopped using in the study . And im hyped for that since its closer then ever.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is almost humorous in a sysypean way how the "experimental" guys tout all of these things and they never pan out. Baldness is always and everywhere an hormonal issue. I stole that from Milton Freedman's quote about inflation.
Is it hormonal issue or its genetic issuse?
the main problem is not ur androgens its your sensetivty to them i know thick strong nw1 with dense beard that in their 30s while i know 19 guys with no faciel hair who balding . Its the sensrtivty problem and im glad kintor developing somthing aginst it

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think SM look promising , it even kept working when ppl stopped using in the study . And im hyped for that since its closer then ever.
Yes agreed. All we can do is cross our fingers and continue with the treatments available to us now. Trust me— if I didn’t have to be on dutasteride, absolutely crushing my DHT, I wouldn’t. I think it can’t be good for you health— altering your hormone profile if you are a healthy adult— if you don’t absolutely NEED to (whether it be for health reasons, or transitioning)

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes agreed. All we can do is cross our fingers and continue with the treatments available to us now. Trust me— if I didn’t have to be on dutasteride, absolutely crushing my DHT, I wouldn’t. I think it can’t be good for you health— altering your hormone profile if you are a healthy adult— if you don’t absolutely NEED to (whether it be for health reasons, or transitioning)
I feel you finasteride dosent stop my hairloss like to alot of ppl . And i really need somthing new quick before i lose to much

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you finasteride dosent stop my hairloss like to alot of ppl . And i really need somthing new quick before i lose to much
If you are open to it— I will say dutasteride has made a big difference for me. I was on finasteride for about 3 years with great success. Then starting receding again. After about 6 months of switching, my shedding is way down, and crown is thickening up again

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are open to it— I will say dutasteride has made a big difference for me. I was on finasteride for about 3 years with great success. Then starting receding again. After about 6 months of switching, my shedding is way down, and crown is thickening up again
I dont trust this drug. Either its side effect. But mostly that most of the reports about it are bad. I would have to just wait ...

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You talk about like its no the first choice of ppl that dont want to use finasteride. We been there . Dosent work. We have like 400 studys of things that work on paper but not in real life. That the bitter truth
Keep taking your finasteride pill and keep balding

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you mean? I do it all over my scalp and it is all covered with longish hair. Try a 2mm one or more. It rarely catches and it seems to cause less damage than the duller needles, not more.
I have DUPA, so i am losing my hair mon top, sides and back. It's a rare form of male pattern baldness

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol @ roeysdomi, I remember that nutter from tressless.

Anyway, do you guys not notice any negatives from niacin flushes? No effects on your mood oranything?
None for me. I can be cranky af sometimes, but I think that’s just a result of 2020/2021 being complete *** lol

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know how much pgd2 is reduced by niacin?
So in theory if i add niacin to my regimen may be things like minoxidil can act better?
I don't know how much it reduces pgd2, but it's high enough to bring some results.

I think adding oral niacin to a minoxidil treatment will be very beneficial