A Highly Informative Hairloss Video - Must Watch

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss from what we currently know is a very multifaceted problem that no one yet fully understands. There are many factors that play a role from what we know: Genetics, DHT (Androgens), Diet, Stress, Blood Circulation, Metabolic Proccesses etc etc etc.

I remember reading a post here years ago that mentioned how DHT being the only major factor in hair loss was beyond ridiculous because when our hormoes are at our peak in our teens and through our 20's the hair is still very thick and lush (for most of us). Yet, once the human gets older, his hair loss increases as his DHT and other Androgens decrease??

Now Im not by any means saying that DHT plays absolutely no role in Hair Loss. Clearly the fact that many people take drugs to reduce DHT and Androgens in their body seems to help in their ability to stop further hair loss shows that it does play a role to very large degree.

What is curious to know is if the makers of the Big 3 know of another mechanism that their drugs work on alongside DHT that they refuse to make public because it would unlock the key to new information regarding the science. No one wants to give up 30+ years of ongoing profit...

Ether way I plan on using Brotzu & RCH-01 as a diffuse thinner. Seeing Tsuji will not be an option until I become slick bald which will be many decades from now, if I ever do get to that point. The reason I say 'if" and not "when" is because the people in my family that have hairloss, all suffer from the alternative reasons mentioned in the following video. I myself did Ketosis for 8 months straight, back in 2013 which caused the inital loss of my density. Since then I have maintained with nothing, so I am positive that my loss of density came from temporarily supressing my thyroid hormone and glucose (which is required for hair follicle metabolism). I also took creatine though which boosted my DHT but that was only 5g a day, and I took way more as a late teen when hitting the gym with no problem.

So I am not saying that this guy is right in anyway but the video is worth a watch. I will be utilizing all of his suggestions but ALSO, I will still use Brotzu and RCH-01 when available because... well why not! All of these reccomendations are simple to implement.

Ps watch on Speed 2.0 on youtube player. I watch most videos like that. You will be suprised how much more you can watch and learn in a day lol.

It is crazy when he tells you how they (doctors and scientists) determined DHT and Androgens to be the "Primary" cause of hairloss lol. Literally 4% of patients in initial testing lost hair from Androgens and DHT and that was enough to prove clinical evidence back in the day.

You also see the poor bastards whose dick and balls shrunk from finasteride... So contrary to what the Castrated Crew on here would suggest you do ( join them in the depths of Micro Penis Hell) DO NOT DO IT BRO! Seriously, please, for the love of everything Holy just Shave it, take roids, get jacked, and be Alpha as Sean Connery in the 70/80s. Your hair will be no good if your a tubby dickless beta male who cant say "hi" to a girl with out stuttering.

The other option is becoming a Tranny, but just pick a side. Dont sit on the fence trying to be a man while your manhood (DHT) is litterally "systemically" non-existant. Im all down for Liposomes to stick the blocker in follice. But other than that ill take my manhood over hair anyday.

Last edited:

Juan1991

Reaction score
I remember reading a post here years ago that mentioned how DHT being the only major factor in hair loss was beyond ridiculous because when our hormoes are at our peak in our teens and through our 20's the hair is still very thick and lush (for most of us). Yet, once the human gets older, his hair loss increases as his DHT and other Androgens decrease??

This. This is the key. When we are in our androgen peak we all have a full head of hair and as we age and our androgens start to drop we start balding more and more. This clearly indicates that there is some other key factor involved in this. Something in our bodies changes as we grow older that in the presence of androgens makes us go bald. It's not the androgens themselves.

In the video the guy says it is prolactin and his theory actually makes sense. High prolactin levels are associated with vitamin D deficiency, ostheoporosis and calcificacion of tissue. Prolactin also increases vasoinhibins, which are known for their inhibiting effects on blood vessel growth, vasopermeability, and vasodilation. This would explain the calcification and loss of bloodflow in balding areas and why vasodilators like minoxidil work.

Thanks a lot for sharing the video. I think i will try a few of the things mentioned in it. We should also try to go deeper and find more links between alopecia and high prolactin levels. I'm going to do a bit of research on pubmed and see what can I find. It would also be great to check bloodtests of people who are taking antiandrogens and see if there is any change in prolactin levels. Another cool study to test the theoy could be to compare the prolactin levels of bald men vs non bald men.

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgen sensitivity in the scalp determines rate of hair loss. As you age you bald at a slower rate, but the damage is cumulative so you keep shedding. The reason we're not fully bald in our teens is because the androgens haven't had time to break havoc on our hair.
And of course it's a hyperproduction of androgen receptors problem, not a too much dht problem.
There could be other factors at play like vitamin d even (I did notice less itchiness and sebum when taking vitamin d but maybe it was just me and besides if it really worked it's more likely that lack of vitamin d simply deteriorates your already shitty hair condition. I've noticed the same with sugar and high calories and perhaps dairy. High calories in particular definitely speed up loss rate- metabolism and all, all of your cells work harder- but in the end it's 98% genetics)
Look up Kennedy's disease. People with it have full heads of hair. It has to do with the X chromosome and they always have lots of CAG sequences somewhere in the androgen receptors Gene - we all do but they have more than average, balding people generally have less. Basically what happens is (very roughly cause I'm bored and not a biologist) since Cs and Gs have 3 bonds vs 2 for As and Ts (we're talking dna bases here) areas with more As and Ts get methylated less (you can look up dna methylation, it's a biochemical process) which basically means the strand of dna at that particular point can unfold easier, making it more prone to transcription and therefore expression of the specific protein - the androgen receptor.
Now there's a buttload of other genes determining patterns etc but personally I think the sole reason we're here on this forum (besides the need to sperg) is because of the lack of a handful of CAGs at Exon 5 or 6 of the AR gene. That's probably <20 characters worth of code. I know, f*** me right?
You could argue the overall biology of the scalp and the hormonal system make this defect impactful and so it's the whole system who's at fault in a way but you know, Occam's razor and all.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Care to buy a vowel?

puzzle.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let us know what you find! Cheers

This. This is the key. When we are in our androgen peak we all have a full head of hair and as we age and our androgens start to drop we start balding more and more. This clearly indicates that there is some other key factor involved in this. Something in our bodies changes as we grow older that in the presence of androgens makes us go bald. It's not the androgens themselves.

In the video the guy says it is prolactin and his theory actually makes sense. High prolactin levels are associated with vitamin D deficiency, ostheoporosis and calcificacion of tissue. Prolactin also increases vasoinhibins, which are known for their inhibiting effects on blood vessel growth, vasopermeability, and vasodilation. This would explain the calcification and loss of bloodflow in balding areas and why vasodilators like minoxidil work.

Thanks a lot for sharing the video. I think i will try a few of the things mentioned in it. We should also try to go deeper and find more links between alopecia and high prolactin levels. I'm going to do a bit of research on pubmed and see what can I find. It would also be great to check bloodtests of people who are taking antiandrogens and see if there is any change in prolactin levels. Another cool study to test the theoy could be to compare the prolactin levels of bald men vs non bald men.

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its easy to disprove this. Look up populations who dont express the 5 alpha reductase enzyme that catalyses the conversion of testosterone to dht. Also, look up whether castrates lose anymore hair.

Juan1991

Reaction score
Just found this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1606541/

In it they demostrate that hair follicles have prolactin receptors, that prolactin acts as a hair growth modulator by promoting hair follicles to enter catagen phase and therefore that prolactin exerts hair growth-inhibitory effects.

PRL = Prolactin
HF = Hair Follicle

I'm going to point out a few excerpts that I think are extremely interesting:

"Although it remains to be clarified how PRL exerts its activities on human HFs, we show that PRL is a potent catagen-promoter of human HFs in vitro, with efficacy comparable to that of TGF-β2, yet is lower than that of interferon-γ."
This actually means that prolactin can actually shorten or even block the anagen phase of hair folicles making them jump directly to catagen. This would explain the progressive miniaturization of hair that we see in the scalp of people with alopecia.

"The present data, therefore, underscore the importance of PRL as a hair growth modulator for both seasonally dependent and independent HF cycling across different mammalian species."
As they say here prolactin is fundamental for hair growth modulation and is a key for the hair follicle cycle.

"PRL has also been implicated in the pathogenesis of androgenetic alopecia by modulation of androgens, and hyperprolactemia is associated with an androgenetic alopecia-type hair loss pattern, along with hirsutism (in females).
And here is the meat. Prolactin is implicated in the pathogenesis of androgenic alopecia.

"Usually, occipital scalp HFs are insensitive to hormones such as androgens. In our experiments we used mostly occipital scalp HFs and additionally frontal HFs. It is therefore particularly interesting that PRL was able to induce catagen in these hormone-insensitive HFs."
Prolactin was able to induce catagen phase in occipital hair follicles. It made the supposedly immune to MPHL (Male-pattern hair loss) follicles of the side and back of our heads jump directly to the catagen phase. In other words, they made non MPHL affected hairs behave like MPHL affected hairs by exposing them to prolactin.

"It is important to mention that PRL may have distinct functions on distinct areas of scalp and body HFs and that this will be an interesting issue to investigate in the future. Recently, it has been shown that neuroendocrine factors mediate stress-induced acne. HFs and the sebaceous glands express functional receptors for stress-related hormones, which are able to modulate androgen metabolism in the sebaceous gland. These up-regulated androgens in the sebaceous gland could also be involved in stress-induced hair loss. Therefore, it will be interesting to investigate whether PRL is able to modulate androgen receptor expression and/or androgen metabolism in the human pilosebaceous unit."
As they say here, after knowing all this suff a key thing to investigate is if prolactin is able to modulate the androgen receptor expresion in hair follicles. If that is actually true, it could mean that it is indeed prolactin what is making our scalp hair follicles sensitive to DHT.
I'm going to keep digging into this. After reading all this stuff I think I can safely say that prolactin has a key role in the hair follicle cycle and that it probably has an important role in the pathogenesis of Male-pattern hair loss. Maybe we should open a new topic

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Solid DD! Start up the thread when you feel ready friend!!

Just found this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1606541/

In it they demostrate that hair follicles have prolactin receptors, that prolactin acts as a hair growth modulator by promoting hair follicles to enter catagen phase and therefore that prolactin exerts hair growth-inhibitory effects.

PRL = Prolactin
HF = Hair Follicle

I'm going to point out a few excerpts that I think are extremely interesting:

This actually means that prolactin can actually shorten or even block the anagen phase of hair folicles making them jump directly to catagen. This would explain the progressive miniaturization of hair that we see in the scalp of people with alopecia.

As they say here prolactin is fundamental for hair growth modulation and is a key for the hair follicle cycle.

And here is the meat. Prolactin is implicated in the pathogenesis of androgenic alopecia.

Prolactin was able to induce catagen phase in occipital hair follicles. It made the supposedly immune to MPHL (Male-pattern hair loss) follicles of the side and back of our heads jump directly to the catagen phase. In other words, they made non MPHL affected hairs behave like MPHL affected hairs by exposing them to prolactin.

As they say here, after knowing all this suff a key thing to investigate is if prolactin is able to modulate the androgen receptor expresion in hair follicles. If that is actually true, it could mean that it is indeed prolactin what is making our scalp hair follicles sensitive to DHT.
I'm going to keep digging into this. After reading all this stuff I think I can safely say that prolactin has a key role in the hair follicle cycle and that it probably has an important role in the pathogenesis of Male-pattern hair loss. Maybe we should open a new topic

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guys have/ or do not have itch, inflammation/burning sensation, dandruffs, dermatitis ,others have amazingly clean scalp yet they still lose hairs. Some have diffuse patterns, some have receiding patterns, some have weird patterns, some maintain pretty well with antiandrogen some dont respond at all, same for minoxidil...etc.
Yet some members here still try to be funny regarding theories or make a generalization.
Well at least from my experience I'm the one laughing at you. and the genuine experience is the only thing that matters. ; )

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the video he talks about how Mucopolysaccharides cause the calcification of the hair follices leading to the death of the follicle from lack of blood flow. Again which is what Minoxidil works to over come.

Mucopolysaccharidoses is the name of the condition. According to this wiki page there is nothing that can be done about it at this time. Then again they are talking about a severe form of the condition which causes life threatening issues as can be found here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucopolysaccharidosis#Treatment

However as stated limiting milk dairy and sugar. Something that should be done anyways, does help prevent excess mucus build up that aids in the worsening of the condition.

From wiki:

"Mucopolysaccharidoses are a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunctioning of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down molecules called glycosaminoglycans. These long chains of sugar carbohydrates occur within the cells that help build bone, cartilage, tendons, corneas, skin and connective tissue. Glycosaminoglycans (formerly called mucopolysaccharides) are also found in the fluids that lubricate joints."

"Subjects with a mucopolysaccharidosis either do not produce enough of one of the eleven enzymes required to break down these sugar chains into simpler molecules, or they produce enzymes that do not work properly. Over time, these glycosaminoglycans collect in the cells, blood and connective tissues. The result is permanent, progressive cellular damage which affects appearance, physical abilities, organ and system functioning, and, in most cases, mental development."

"The mucopolysaccharidoses are part of the lysosomal storage disease family, a group of more than 40 genetic disorders that result when the lysosome organelle in animal cells malfunctions. The lysosome can be thought of as the cell's recycling center because it processes unwanted material into other substances that the cell can utilize. Lysosomes break down this unwanted matter via enzymes, highly specialized proteins essential for survival. Lysosomal disorders like mucopolysaccharidosis are triggered when a particular enzyme exists in too small an amount or is missing altogether."...........................

Wow they are also testing enzymes to restore the cells metabolism as stated here.

"Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) are currently in use or are being tested. Enzyme replacement therapy has proven useful in reducing non-neurological symptoms and pain. Currently BioMarin Pharmaceutical produces enzyme replacement therapies for MPS type I and VI. Aldurazyme is an enzymatic replacement therapy for alpha-L-iduronidase produced by BioMarin for use in Type I MPS.[7] In July 2006, the United States Food and Drug Administration approved a synthetic version of I2S produced by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group, called Elaprase, as a treatment for MPS type II (Hunter syndrome)."

Again I know this is being done for life threatening issues on major organs, but if they manage to find the right enzyme Im sure putting it on the scalp could be a HUGE discovery!!

Boom!!

Ill look further into Mucopolysaccharidoses and Hair Loss. From the quick google search does not look like this theory has been weel looked into at all. Aside from some anticdotal observations from other studies.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out masturbation increases prolactin and this NoFap warrior said it’s part of his hairloss regime...
Take that as you will haha

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I would usually say complete bullshit on all of this but I have recently had a load of blood tests done, My prolactin is 5X the maximum limit so i have been referred to an endocrinologist and interestingly my DHT is very low. Whats even more crazy is that i honestly feel I started loosing the most hair when my libido started dropping like iv had finasteride like side effects without ever having the stuff before im not sure exactly how or why it all started but it was right around the time i started balding.... its interesting to me given my circumstances. I put a post up here a while ago about how I think we should all do a large scale blood test for all hormones and compare to see if there are any other common factors maybe something else thats major and starring us right in the face could be a very simple fix and we would never know unless we all got it tested.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would just like to ask you what is then causing my 40+ year old sister and my 70 year old mothers hair loss vs my one sister who has perfect head of hair? All I can tell you is the facts. My mother and sister do NOT have excess androgens (infact my sister has excess estrogen diagnosis) or Alopecia Artrea.

It is Female Pattern Baldness. They both endured a lifetime of traumatic events that have taken a toll on them mentally and emotionally. Literally suffered from severe depression and held that negative and nasty energy inside of them their entire lives. This was mainly because my dad was a pos tyrant who made their lives a living hell.

Then my one sister who has normal hair is the one to tell you to f*** off and die aka stands up for herself. Realizes she cant take on the worlds problems and does not hold in that negativity. She also left home as a teenager and is now a very successful business woman. Has her own family and a loving husband (feel good hormones) love and happiness. She removed herself from high levels of stress at a very young age which I know saved her hair.

My dad is a Norwood 7 who drank like a sailor, ate fatty fried foods his whole life, has a gut, had a severe severe heart attack, was abused as a child and treated liek shyt (basically a child slave/labourer) and therefore passed on all that bs on to us. Plus he never had a dad. Hard life.

I am much more like my sister with the good head of hair. Fitness, clean diet, low bodyfat, meditation, yoga, positive outlook, financial security. Like I said I went from full density to heavy loss of density in 8 months on keto (nothing but chicken all day everyday with 1 carb load day a week). Did not know how bad I was fuccking up my hair follice metabolism though.

Since that time which was in 2013 I have maintained the exact amount of hair since coming off of Keto and I have done Nothing to treat my hair (pills, potions, lotions etc)

So if you can actually explain that whole situation to me I am all ears, Thanks. Again remember that only 4/104 men who were born with no testicles who got treated with Testosterone saw hair loss. Thats what the whole DHT theory is built on. Im not saying it does not have an effect at all, but considering the number of people who see no results from antiandros and the poor results for those who even respond there is DEFINATELY much more to the picture.

Its easy to disprove this. Look up populations who dont express the 5 alpha reductase enzyme that catalyses the conversion of testosterone to dht. Also, look up whether castrates lose anymore hair.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I would just like to ask you what is then causing my 40+ year old sister and my 70 year old mothers hair loss vs my one sister who has perfect head of hair? All I can tell you is the facts. My mother and sister do NOT have excess androgens (infact my sister has excess estrogen diagnosis) or Alopecia Artrea.

It is Female Pattern Baldness. They both endured a lifetime of traumatic events that have taken a toll on them mentally and emotionally. Literally suffered from severe depression and held that negative and nasty energy inside of them their entire lives. This was mainly because my dad was a pos tyrant who made their lives a living hell.

Then my one sister who has normal hair is the one to tell you to f*** off and die aka stands up for herself. Realizes she cant take on the worlds problems and does not hold in that negativity. She also left home as a teenager and is now a very successful business woman. Has her own family and a loving husband (feel good hormones) love and happiness. She removed herself from high levels of stress at a very young age which I know saved her hair.

My dad is a Norwood 7 who drank like a sailor, ate fatty fried foods his whole life, has a gut, had a severe severe heart attack, was abused as a child and treated liek shyt (basically a child slave/labourer) and therefore passed on all that bs on to us. Plus he never had a dad. Hard life.

I am much more like my sister with the good head of hair. Fitness, clean diet, low bodyfat, meditation, yoga, positive outlook, financial security. Like I said I went from full density to heavy loss of density in 8 months on keto (nothing but chicken all day everyday with 1 carb load day a week). Did not know how bad I was fuccking up my hair follice metabolism though.

Since that time which was in 2013 I have maintained the exact amount of hair since coming off of Keto and I have done Nothing to treat my hair (pills, potions, lotions etc)

So if you can actually explain that whole situation to me I am all ears, Thanks. Again remember that only 4/104 men who were born with no testicles who got treated with Testosterone saw hair loss. Thats what the whole DHT theory is built on. Im not saying it does not have an effect at all, but considering the number of people who see no results from antiandros and the poor results for those who even respond there is DEFINATELY much more to the picture.

Thats very true, I used to think to myself if I break this down AA must be to do with 5 Alpha Reductase, because finasteride works in stopping male pattern baldness and it inhibits the 5 alpha but then I thought more and deeper about it and that dosent conclude anything because all hormones effect each other, its one big synergistic system with an unbelievably large amount of moving parts. The effects of finasteride on DHT could easily effect the balance of other hormones and if not their interactions with their receptors or one another so what if one or more of these other hormones was infact a major cause.This would also sort of go against ever thinking that it is dht alone thats the main cause. Again I think the only way we would ever really find this out would be a comparison in blood tests of a large group of bald people to those with norward 0's of hair or at least compare the bald/balding peoples blood tests to the "normals" for the hormones for our age groups

Last edited:

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I cant claim to be an expert on female pattern hair loss but what you're saying is flawed for a few reasons

Fistly Androgenetic Alopecia is a heriditary disease. That means you can have siblings that inherited the balding genes and siblings that don't. It does not mean that every child of a balding father or a mother who has balding in her family will inherit balding genes. In this case, you inherited susceptibility to balding and your sister not so much.

Secondly, I don't for a second doubt that stress, age, diet, smoking, other medical conditions can impact a persons hair. However in Androgenetic Alopecia, the trigger will always be DHT and maybe even testosterone in some, binding to the AR and causing a host of downstream dysfunction. In recent years more and more of these downstream mechanisms have been elucidated including PGD2 elevation, PGE2 decrease, metabolic dysfunction, depletion of stem cells, dysfunctional WNT signalling. The point is that in Androgenetic Alopecia, specifically Androgenetic Alopecia, none of these things would happen unless androgens bind the AR's in the scalp.

Regarding your point about anti androgens and poor results. Note that DHT has its effects in a paracrine and autocrine manner. Thats been demonstrated. This means that its produced in the scalp and acts in the scalp in regards to hair loss. When you consider that even dutasteride cant fully reduce scalp DHT levels its not surprising that finasteride may not work in some. Although, id argue that the biggest category of people it doesnt work for are aggressive losers of hair and in general its highly effective, upto 90% of men will maintain on it. With regards to regrowth, its difficult to say why some regrow a lot and some not at all on anti androgens. I havent read anything on the subject.

Id like to add that I respect you sharing your opinions and I agree that epigenetics will play a role in health outcomes. Stress etc will affect the expression of genes. Thats a fact. I just disagree with the argument that genetic susceptibilty of hair follicles to DHT is not the primary culprit in Androgenetic Alopecia.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Morpheus2.jpg

What if I told you that DHT is present in every wound and scar of the male body and that it has effects on calcification and healing?

What if DHT is in the scalp because the scalp is being damaged. What if DHT interferes with the healing of the scalp, but it is not responsible for its main damage.

"We have previously reported that, castration of male mice results in a striking acceleration of local cutaneous wound healing and dampens the associated inflammatory response. In this study, we report that systemic 5α-reductase inhibition, which blocks the conversion of testosterone to its more active metabolite 5α-dihydrotestosterone, mimics the effects of castration in a rat model of cutaneous wound healing. The mechanisms underlying the observed effects involve a direct, cell-specific upregulation of pro-inflammatory cytokine expression by macrophages, but not fibroblasts, in response to androgens. Androgens require the transforming growth factor β signalling intermediate Smad3 to be present in order to influence repair and local pro-inflammatory cytokine levels. That reducing 5α-dihydrotestosterone levels through 5α-reductase antagonism markedly accelerates healing suggests a specific target for future therapeutic intervention in impaired wound healing states in elderly males."

http://jcs.biologists.org/content/119/4/722

"We conclude that groups treated with 5α-DHT showed a better healing pattern with complete wound closure, and proved to have a positive effect on the morphology of the scar tissue as well as an antioxidant stimulating effect during secondhand intention skin wounds repair in diabetic rats."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27009546

A minimum concentration of 100 nM DHT treatment significantly increased calcium deposition in VSMCs at 9 days (1.6 fold, P < 0.05, Fig. 2b).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4837411/

Bryant12

My Regimen
Reaction score
if one were to test this out and follow this strictly, what the heck is that person going to eat ? big change in lifestyle... no drinking, strict diet, vitamins, positive thinking etc.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can give you 20 reasons why that video is bullshit.

But really I think one is enough: he said that estrogen is bed for hair and you need to keep it very low. What a retard.

Well produced videos doesn't mean they are accurate. Let's not turn this forum into a conspiracy one