A Highly Informative Hairloss Video - Must Watch

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Note that as we enter into our 20s and attend college we start to experience higher levels of stress. That is added ontop of mountains of debt coming out of school, trying to get a job, relationships and drama, marriage, kids etc etc... all that adds up to increased stress hormones.

These stresses are something MOST teens living at home, with everything paid for, and all they do is go to high school do not have to deal with. Those who have a shitty hand delt to them could be early losers of hair. Even kids who are pressured to crazy levels by their parents (my valedictorian) was damn near full bald by 18.

He had to be a model kid, model church boy, model team captain, get into Ivy Leauge schools. And all of us who just laid back and chilled out where perfectly fine.

Alot of the stress (most of it) revolves around our heads (headaches), which could honestly be a reason for the gene expression changing on the top of the scalp. When you have a headache there is a pain in the very region that the DHT floods towards. Next time you have a headache you will notice if you touch your head it is most sensitive on top!!

Even if you do not go to school and the whole 9 yards, once you are in your 20's all of the BS starts piling on. In some cases if your not apart of the demographic that goes to post secondary university than you probably have stresses in many other ways that make up for that stress.

I know from my now stress free life what stress really is looking back at everything. Back then I didnt realize how stressed I used to be because I thought it was "normal". I guess thats why I needed to smoke weed every day eh lol.

Even loosing hair alone is enough to cause anxiety and stress that changes your gene expression on the top of the scalp....

First of all no one ever said male pattern baldness is one size fits all. The fact certain people do not respond to certain meds clearly illustrates that!

No one here is saying DHT is not implicated in some way shape or form. We are now just doing research on this thread and realizng that for some unknown reason DHT rushes to the top of the scalp in an overabundent amount.

Like one poster was stating it was found that abundant DHT was found at the site of injury in other body parts. It went there to help wound healing, however, it does this via calcification. That same calcification is what causes the death of the hair follice.

The question is why does the DHT go to that particular area on our scalp in the first place in such higher than normal quantitiys? Wht is signaling DHT to go to the Scalp. Clearly something happens in that region of the scalp (Change) that was not happening before which causes the influx of DHT and therefore calcification = death of follicle.

Prolcatin has also been found in studies to prevent hair from entering the Anagen Phase and also triggering hair in any phase to enter the Catagen Phase.

These are not things that can be over looked.

finasteride - just reduces a very much nessecary and needed Male hormone required for proper and healthy Male body function. It does not address the root cause at all.

Min - just stimulates the scalp to get the blood flow moving and most likely may help in breaking down that calification of the follicles while triggering PGE1 to produce more hair.

Even the Japanese boys are just saying lets take follicles from else where that do not seems to inccur this (Change) and clone/culutre them and replant them in other areas.

A real cure, which is where Gene Editing comes in on a very very very Atomic level, is to figure out what gene expression changes in the scalp that causes DHT to flood there in the first place. Seeing that majority of people even high Norwood had their balls drop considerably before they started loosing hair.

Even bodybilders who have trained for many many years have calcification of tendons and muscles. When they break down muscle to rebuld it, it is wound healing. Thats why many advanced guys suffer so many injuries compared to your newbie. There has been shown in post injury scans a build up of calcification.

One way to prevent that is to do Yoga. The closet thing to that for our scalps I would assume is Massage.

But I can infact say that my lifestyle and lack of stress all around has greatly helped contribute to me maintaining my Norwood 1.5 diffuse thinning. Infact once I came off 8 month Keto (Hair cells cannot metabolize without Glucose or Fructose. Keytones cant fuel Hair cell metabolism) in 2013 I have maintained the exact amount of hair.

So for others it may be more of one thing than the other, but it is stright buffoonary to suggest just DHT and DHT alone is the issue. Just like us saying DHT has 0 role in hair loss.

Last edited:

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Note that as we enter into our 20s and attend college we start to experience higher levels of stress. That is added ontop of mountains of debt coming out of school, trying to get a job, relationships and drama, marriage, kids etc etc... all that adds up to increased stress hormones.

These stresses are something MOST teens living at home, with everything paid for, and all they do is go to high school do not have to deal with. Those who have a shitty hand delt to them could be early losers of hair. Even kids who are pressured to crazy levels by their parents (my valedictorian) was damn near full bald by 18.

He had to be a model kid, model church boy, model team captain, get into Ivy Leauge schools. And all of us who just laid back and chilled out where perfectly fine.

Alot of the stress (most of it) revolves around our heads (headaches), which could honestly be a reason for the gene expression changing on the top of the scalp. When you have a headache there is a pain in the very region that the DHT floods towards. Next time you have a headache you will notice if you touch your head it is most sensitive on top!!

Even if you do not go to school and the whole 9 yards, once you are in your 20's all of the BS starts piling on. In some cases if your not apart of the demographic that goes to post secondary university than you probably have stresses in many other ways that make up for that stress.

I know from my now stress free life what stress really is looking back at everything. Back then I didnt realize how stressed I used to be because I thought it was "normal". I guess thats why I needed to smoke weed every day eh lol.

Even loosing hair alone is enough to cause anxiety and stress that changes your gene expression on the top of the scalp....

You raised a lot of good points earlier, but I don't know if I can agree with you about the role stress has in hair loss. I started balding badly when I was 17, and at the time I was an underachieving stoner without a worry in the world. My friends were very much the same way, yet they still have thick Norwood 1s even in our late 20s whereas I'm a diffused Norwood 3. My hair loss largely subsided when I was about 19 or so, and that time for me was incredibly stressful as I was working as well as busting my *** trying to maintain a 3.5+ GPA. And yet, my hair stayed the same for years to come. I simply don't think stress is linked with hair loss as I know of too many examples that refute this theory. On the flip side, many Japanese kids are under incredible stress to get good grades & get accepted into good colleges, only to work 12 hour days in their adulthood. And yet, baldness is virtually nonexistent in Japanese men under 30.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It all good, we are all a different cocktail of hormones and genes and factors that trigger hairloss. For example, if you have genes that naturally express themsevles to signal massive quanititys of DHT to the scalp; then you are going to be one of those people that the second you hit puberity your hair is slowly going to start to deteriorate.

However there are some people that no matter how much stress they suffer their genes are not programmed to express the signal that bombards the follicles with DHT.

Then there are some people who's genetics allow for them to not suffer from male pattern baldness, until a trigger or multi triggers whether they are physcial, psychological or environmental, cause the change in gene expression which sends out a singal to the body to send flood the follicle with DHT.

I would fall into group 3, but then again my thinning may have come from being in Keto for 8 months straight and starving my hair follicles for Glucose which may have very well just killed the follicles. In that case, Brotzu might not even work for me....

On another note. I will say this. Creatine consumption does increate DHT. That is a fact. There are only two places Creatine is created. Naturally in our body (even more critical than DHT for development and survival) and Animal Protein.

So those who are on a whole foods Vegan diet have lower Creatine, than Omnivores who eat meat. The more meat you eat the more creatine you have = more DHT you have... Well you get the rest.

So if you are on finasteride to lower DHT while eating a meat heavy diet full of creatine = DHT are you really helping yourself? Would you rather NOT take the pill, eat a plant based diet (the only one shown to reverse heart diesease and many other health issues), and cut out a huge environmental footprint that meat consumption creates??

Sounds like a win win win to me.

You raised a lot of good points earlier, but I don't know if I can agree with you about the role stress has in hair loss. I started balding badly when I was 17, and at the time I was an underachieving stoner without a worry in the world. My friends were very much the same way, yet they still have thick Norwood 1s even in our late 20s whereas I'm a diffused Norwood 3. My hair loss largely subsided when I was about 19 or so, and that time for me was incredibly stressful as I was working as well as busting my *** trying to maintain a 3.5+ GPA. And yet, my hair stayed the same for years to come. I simply don't think stress is linked with hair loss as I know of too many examples that refute this theory. On the flip side, many Japanese kids are under incredible stress to get good grades & get accepted into good colleges, only to work 12 hour days in their adulthood. And yet, baldness is virtually nonexistent in Japanese men under 30.

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine consumption does increate DHT. That is a fact.

I think that there is only a low quality studio regarding that matter, while there is also a lack of biological plausibility in this affirmation. Creatine increases physical capacity, exercise increases DHT, but it is not known any process by which creatine could directly influence this hormone. At least, that is what I discovered when I researched the issue not so long ago.

And, yes, I take creatine daily, but only 750mg, just in case. My diet is almost entirely plant-based, with some fish and turkey or chicken around once a week. I also fast, don't eat sugar, don't eat wheat, don't take dairy products... I really think that my diet has greatly helped my hair.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Creatine increases the excersize capacity by the stimulating the production of 2 things. ATP and DHT.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).

I have been working out religously, and when I do take any extra Creatine via supplementatoin I noticed a signifiant increase in hairfall when showering. Since going Vegan I have noticed all my loss stop, however before my destructive stint on Ket0 for 8 months I was eating meat my whole life before then with no issues. I literally had a thick stock fully head of hair at 22 years old before 8 months on Keto which triggered the thinning. Which has now stopped. During my time on keto I was eating meat several times per day and supplementing with 5g Creatine per day. So basically raping my follicles with DHT while starving them from Glucose. FML so many things I wish I knew in the past before f*****g myself up damn!! Why could I not have had this knowledge before hand!! Again in my case I truley believe it was more so the starving of the Glucose than DHT as I used to take Creatine with no problem. So for everyone its different.

I think that there is only a low quality studio regarding that matter, while there is also a lack of biological plausibility in this affirmation. Creatine increases physical capacity, exercise increases DHT, but it is not known any process by which creatine could directly influence this hormone. At least, that is what I discovered when I researched the issue not so long ago.

And, yes, I take creatine daily, but only 750mg, just in case. My diet is almost entirely plant-based, with some fish and turkey or chicken around once a week. I also fast, don't eat sugar, don't eat wheat, don't take dairy products... I really think that my diet has greatly helped my hair.

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
I consider my diet to be very healthy in general but lately I've been wondering if I wasn't eating too much meat. I basically eat meat at every meal including breakfast. I think cutting down can only help. What meat substitute do you guys eat to get your proteins?

I also wonder if fish might be better than chicken, beef, porc etc...

Last edited:

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The video states that lowering Prolactin is key in reversing androgentic alopecia. This is false, if this were true, then medicines such as Bromocriptine and Cabergoline would work well in male pattern baldness. They do not. Also, I have a family member with high prolactin and they have no hair loss while I do, and I do not have high prolactin. Prolactin may be able to inhibit hair growth somewhat, but it is not a main factor in androgentic alopecia and there is no study that states it is.
Lastly, DHT has the strongest evidence behind it that it plays a major role in male pattern baldness. Obviously, there are most likely many other factors involved, but a sensitivity to DHT currently has the strongest backing of evidence.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The video states that lowering Prolactin is key in reversing androgentic alopecia. This is false, if this were true, then medicines such as Bromocriptine and Cabergoline would work well in male pattern baldness. They do not. Also, I have a family member with high prolactin and they have no hair loss while I do, and I do not have high prolactin. Prolactin may be able to inhibit hair growth somewhat, but it is not a main factor in androgentic alopecia and there is no study that states it is.
Lastly, DHT has the strongest evidence behind it that it plays a major role in male pattern baldness. Obviously, there are most likely many other factors involved, but a sensitivity to DHT currently has the strongest backing of evidence.
You are thinking way too much, that video is full of bullshit. Like, why would you even listen to some random guy saying that Estrogen is bad for hair and genetics isn't something scientific.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, there are lots of sources of planet based protein out there that you can google. However if being low carb is something you are all about, it will be hard to find vegan protein that does not contain carbs. Tofu is one of them (no/very low carbs), but personally I dont like it (tastes great) because it is made from a phyto-estrogen aka plant based estrogen (soy), which in small quanitiy's is not bad for you. In fact the oldest living peoples in the world the Okinawa in Japan eat tons of soy protein. I'm just estro phobic lol.

Not that carbs are bad for you at all, you just cannot live a sedentary lifestyle. You have to at minimum go for 45 min walks on a daily in order to stimulate your metabolism to burn off the carbs or keep them on the lower end. Or else they will get stored as body fat.

Fish also has high amounts of Creatine just as Red Meat and Chicken. All animal protein has contains it. Not sure about Eggs though. You really should not be getting more than 30% of your daily calories from Protein which is very easy to do on a vegan diet. Just google Vegan protein sources.

But cutting down the amount of meat will defo be a good start.

I consider my diet to be very healthy in general but lately I've been wondering if I wasn't eating too much meat. I basically eat meat at every meal including breakfast. I think cutting down can only help. What meat substitute do you guys eat to get your proteins?

I also wonder if fish might be better than chicken, beef, porc etc...

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been taking Ashwagandha for a couple of weeks and also added most of the other supplements recommended in the vid (zinc, vitamin A, vitamin K-2 and choline) a little over a week ago. I even purchased a desiccated thyroid supplement which I had to order online since it's pretty rare to find and I've been taking it the past 5 days. Despite taking all this I have ZERO results so far regarding hairloss. Shedding still bad and today I had a worse than normal shed. I was really hoping there was truth to that vid. FML

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's a good idea to take Thyroid supplements unless you know for a fact there's something wrong with your thyroid.

And yes, unless you take absurd amounts which is not recommended, most supplements usually take 2-3 weeks to produce results.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lool at taking thyroid supplements if you don't need to. Imb4 I know more than doctors.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lool at taking thyroid supplements if you don't need to. Imb4 I know more than doctors.

Depressing thinking about the ridiculous things I've tried and the $$ I've spent trying to fight hair loss. Makes me wonder am I really that stupid or just that desperate. Inb4 both

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oui, the moment someone starts bagging on estrogen when it comes to hair loss, I immediately stop listening. That sh*t is the only thing, besides Minoxidil, that has ever given me regrowth.

And I mean really, if they seriously think estrogen is causing their hair loss, why don't they just get on low dose arimidex and cure their hair loss forever? They don't, because it doesn't work, and will probably accelerate hair loss, not stop it. What a bunch of idiots.
Estrogen = hair. No estrogen = you’re fucked.

markymark48

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depressing thinking about the ridiculous things I've tried and the $$ I've spent trying to fight hair loss. Makes me wonder am I really that stupid or just that desperate. Inb4 both

You can keep up the vitamins for another 2-3 weeks, see how it goes. Thanks for doing this btw.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m going to bump this thread as I also have high prolactin levels.
Last time I checked they were 394mu/l which is very high for a male. I’m doing another test tomorrow and should have results by the end of the week.
I will say my hair hasn’t thinned as in miniaturised it’s just shed and not grown back. Which backs up the point of prolactin causing hair to go in a catagen state and shed.

Also I’d like to point out that I don’t think prolactin at high levels is a problem short term as it naturally raises and lowers after masturbation. It long term that is the problem, and I believe ive had it over a year and a half now.
I’ve lost 35-40% of the hair on the front 3 inches and maybe 10% of the sides of my head within 5 months. But that was over a year ago whilst I was on already on the big 3 for 3 years with good results. My hairloss has not progressed at all since then. Nor have I seen any improvement.

Last edited: