A cure within the next 10 years, according to scientists

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Rnz said:
Low self esteem and feeling out of place - sounds like depression, especially if thats how you feel ALL THE TIME. At least its easier to treat than hair loss.

I have major hairloss (NW6) still ... after having 3 hair transplants.

Oknow said:
Yet you have been married and have had sex.

Does that make sense to you?

Yes, I have been married and have had sex a gazillion times (just not very often these last several years, unless with a hooker).

Bottom line: my ex dumped me because I became too ugly for her to want to be with any longer. :( ... and she was right because most other girls would have done the same. (Although she didn't have to be such a c*nt! :firing: )

And when I tried to re-enter the dating scene it was a complete joke. I was literally rejected umpteen GAZILLION times by EVERY single girl I tried to hook up with ... which is way more than a bruised and fragile ego could handle. (This went on for several years, BTW - almost like a being in a bad dream and not being able to wake up.) So I just gave up, withdrew and I digressed into the sad world of lonliness, where I have remained for many years now.

Then I had hair transplants which only made things worse.

I have been out of the social and dating scenes for so long now that I don't know if I will ever have a normal relationship again (either friendships or a sexual partner). It is a pretty grim and lonley place to be where I am mentally and emotionally. Although I still keep trying and hoping for the best, my life may not ever get back on track. It kind of seems that way, but I still keep hoping for the best anyways. :)

I was out last night at a dating party (Im straight). One of the guys I ended up speaking to had heavy hairloss. NW5-6 had to be. He wasn't very attractive at all. I would say I am much better looking then him, girls for the most part were very receptive towards me.

Anyway, eventually I said to the guy, let's talk to these two girls, because he just kept on talking to a dude, being me, about my industry...I didn't come here to network like this. I opened the set for him, and then before I knew it, one of the girl asks for his number. I remember at the time he was a bit taken aback by her giving her number to him and that was that. Granted she wasn't the hottest girl there, but you know what, the guy probably wont be single now.

I left the night, without any girls number.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you wrote that you dated some girl lately Dude... i remember

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oknow said:
I was out last night at a dating party (Im straight). One of the guys I ended up speaking to had heavy hairloss. NW5-6 had to be. He wasn't very attractive at all. I would say I am much better looking then him, girls for the most part were very receptive towards me.

Anyway, eventually I said to the guy, let's talk to these two girls, because he just kept on talking to a dude, being me, about my industry...I didn't come here to network like this. I opened the set for him, and then before I knew it, one of the girl asks for his number. I remember at the time he was a bit taken aback by her giving her number to him and that was that. Granted she wasn't the hottest girl there, but you know what, the guy probably wont be single now.

I left the night, without any girls number.

To give you an idea of what I went through, imagine going out every night for 2 years (that's 365 days x 2 = 730 times). Now imagine trying to talk to, mingle, or whatever, with at least one girl every single one of those times and being rejected by ALL of them across the board! Not ONE SINGLE girl wanted to anything at all to do with you! All 730 of them rejected you!

Now do you honestly think you could handle THAT much rejection?

And then after that, try it again for ANOTHER 2 years like that and get the SAME response!

Now do you get the picture of what I went through?

Anyone in my shoes would have certainly given up and did what I did - withdrew. And believe me I TRIED EVERYTHING and no matter what their answer was ALWAYS a definate "NO"!

Have you tried speed dating or dating parties instead of cold approaching?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oknow said:
dudemon said:
When I say I have tried everything, believe me, I have. I have even had a few friends try to fix me up, and I was rejected by those girls as well. They refused to go out with me, once they seen how awful I looked - right in front of me and my friends. My friends stunned because they have never seen someone get rejected like that, right in front of them.

PM me your pic, I want to see how you look like.

peloncete1989

Reaction score
dudemon, I'm sorry to read this kind of things, really I'm sorry.

But the hair is not everything in the life, and less in a physical apparence. Why don't you go to the gym?

Start training, change your body, maybe you could use some steroids (please, I don't want to read, they're drugs, dangerous, blah, blah, blah...), change your %bf... you can see a lot of bald people with a nice body with nice girls, without any problem of being bald... look Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson...

If you've tried everything... why not this?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
peloncete1989 said:

But the hair is not everything in the life, and less in a physical apparence. Why don't you go to the gym?

Start training, change your body, maybe you could use some steroids (please, I don't want to read, they're drugs, dangerous, blah, blah, blah...), change your %bf... you can see a lot of bald people with a nice body with nice girls, without any problem of being bald... look Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson...

He is in shape. I would wig it personally

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oknow said:
PM me your pic, I want to see how you look like.

When I do get some done, I will be sure to.
peloncete1989 said:

My friend, I have been working in the gym, probably longer than you've been alive. :) Not to sound arrogant or anything, but I am what some would consider fairly buffed. And there were times (approx 5 years ago) when I was heavily into working out and was considered pretty muscular. (Not to the extent of "steroids" big, but still pretty buffed).

I will be the first to tell you muscles don't mean that much, if anything at all, to most women. Only "gym rat" type girls who are only interested in HUGE seroid popping dudes will notice, but not unless you are THAT big (like pro bodybuilder big) are they even going to give you the time of day.

I know first hand that if your face and hair are very ugly (like mine), they will NOT notice your muscular body. You won't be able to keep them interested long enough to see past your face and hair. I have learned this the hard way many times.

However, this doesn't apply to most guys. My situation, as far as overall poor looks and appearance, is on the far, extreme end of the scale.

You make it sound like you were born with some kind of facial deformity. Is that the case? I mean are your looks really THAT bad or are you just being very hard on yourself?

In any event, you're totally right about muscles not meaning that much with a wreck for a face. I hear a lot of balding people say "just shave your head and get buff", but this only works if you have a decent face. And even then you will always have points against you from the next guy who has a decent face, ripped body AND a NW1.

Life sucks man, super unfair. I'm not great looking but I'm average. I'd be a lot better looking if I got into shape but I'm lazy and I love junk food. The only girls I can land are the ones I'm not that attracted to. The ones I really want NEVER want me.

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudemon, I know it's a small thing, but have you ever considered SMP for the hair transplant scar?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
RE: landing girls
You should feel fortunate, because some of us cannot land ANY of them. (I wouldn't say "ANY" per se, but the ones I could get would be so disgusting that nobody, including me, would want them. How ironic!)

maybe they feel the same way as you...lonely.

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
terrapin12 said:
Dudemon, I know it's a small thing, but have you ever considered SMP for the hair transplant scar?

What is SMP?

I think he means scalp micropigmentation (tattooing). I think it's got a bad rap around here but it could be very useful for someone to cover a strip scar. If my hair gets bad enough I'm considering doing this to fill in my diffuse thinning. I think it might blend in well with my thinning hair shaved head style. Sucks that I might have to resort to tattooing hair onto my damn head but if it looks real enough then f*** it I'll do it, sure beats looking like I'm balding.

Very sorry about your situation btw. Sounds like you were just dealt life's dirty deck of cards. Unless things somehow improve, you will mostly likely never meet the woman of your dreams. But it's not looking like I will either and I'm not all that bad looking, I suffer from self esteem issues in other areas (looks also to some degree). But there's no since in giving up hope, just keep looking. Expect rejection, then just go on to the next. You may surprise yourself and find someone you are very happy with, phsyically and internally. I mean what other choice do you have? Only got one life to live, as shitty as it may be compared to so many others, may as well make the best of it while you're young.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
terrapin12 said:
It's not going to fix everything. But it could help you with your scars. People also get it down over their whole heads so as to give the appearance of a shaved dome.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2011/03/09/s ... th-photos/
I can't remember his name (and don't plan on looking for it) but there is a gay p**rn actor famous for having an scalp tattoo

It looks basically like a blue helmet on top of his head, no dots, just smooth blue paint.
Many people have warned that scalp tattoos look fine first but later the paint starts to smoother until you are left with just blue paint with no follicle pattern... and the thing is, you can't do anything about it

Rassman says it is a quality issue and the paint he uses shouldn't act that way, but in my opinion, it is a very high risk to take

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
terrapin12 said:
It's not going to fix everything. But it could help you with your scars. People also get it down over their whole heads so as to give the appearance of a shaved dome.

I can't remember his name (and don't plan on looking for it) but there is a gay p**rn actor famous for having an scalp tattoo

It looks basically like a blue helmet on top of his head, no dots, just smooth blue paint.
Many people have warned that scalp tattoos look fine first but later the paint starts to smoother until you are left with just blue paint with no follicle pattern... and the thing is, you can't do anything about it

Rassman says it is a quality issue and the paint he uses shouldn't act that way, but in my opinion, it is a very high risk to take

I saw that picture of him. He's just a cornholing freak for doing that. Doesnt represent a typical SMP procedure in the least. Hell he probably just got some joe blow garage tattoo artist do do that.

However, what you say is something to consider. Who knows what it's going to look like in five or ten years. Just one big blue/green smudge stuck to your head? Sure, there's ways to remove it but I understand it's quite painful and I dont know if it will leave scarring or not.

I might just end up using derrmatch or something you can easily wash off of your head. Its a bigger hastle to apply every day but there's no risk involved when applying it like SMP.

Really sucks that these are our only choices at the moment, dear god I hope the cure gets here soon.

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not suggesting getting your whole dome inked up, but for surgical scars it seems practical.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The thing that most worries me is the cost of a cure. For heaven sake we know androgens cause male pattern baldness for the last 20 years and we still have no good safe way to actually stop them. RU and that CB could but we have years before they might ever be commercially available and at what cost. Those would allow men to prevent male pattern baldness which will always be more cost effective then trying to regrow vast amounts of hair which will be very very expensive.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
The thing that most worries me is the cost of a cure. For heaven sake we know androgens cause male pattern baldness for the last 20 years and we still have no good safe way to actually stop them. RU and that CB could but we have years before they might ever be commercially available and at what cost. Those would allow men to prevent male pattern baldness which will always be more cost effective then trying to regrow vast amounts of hair which will be very very expensive.

Supply and demand, it's more profitable to sell it for cheaper so that more people buy it, rather then make it available for the rich only.

The beauty about baldness too, is that there will always be a huge market, generation after generation you will always get guys that will lose hair.

Then you have got to take into account the competition out there, if there are multiple solutions available, the price will naturally be cheaper.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
bigentries said:
terrapin12 said:

The guy who played "Johnny" in the movie Surveillance also had a blue/green tattoo that looked like it was covering an hair transplant strip scar or something. Pretty good movie, BTW.

Ha, I auditioned for a role in that. Didn't get it. :/

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I remember also having read recently that male pattern baldness occurence seems to increase lately among the youngest population but I cannot find anymore the reference. Anyone knows if it is true?

I know this is old, but I have being looking for stats to back this up also.

This actually makes no sense going on some peoples post on this topic and many others I have read on here. Don't woman want guys with hair? if so shouldn't it be the other way and on the decrease? So won't male pattern baldness be 'cured' on it's own?

You would think this would also mean population in first world countries will be on the decrease.

IMO you can't 'cure' male pattern baldness by selective breeding, unless it becomes very selective and probably require multiple generations. It's not going to happen.