A cure within the next 10 years, according to scientists

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
all these discussions about "when" a cure (if at all..) will come is masturbation, its like waiting on a cure for aids, when it happen you will know, dont waste time hoping or assuming.
the only worthy solution is a top notch mega FUE or a piece.

Rich321

Reaction score
Enden said:
All this news sounds promising, but I fear the only cure is to sterilise every kid who has a family history of male pattern baldness, and let the disease disappear from the face of the earth, with them. Think of it, a lot of diseases which are hard or impossible to cure could be dealt with this way. One generation, that's all it takes. A small sacrifice.

hahaha! I like this. Imagine the problems we could solve.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Rich321 said:
Enden said:
All this news sounds promising, but I fear the only cure is to sterilise every kid who has a family history of male pattern baldness, and let the disease disappear from the face of the earth, with them. Think of it, a lot of diseases which are hard or impossible to cure could be dealt with this way. One generation, that's all it takes. A small sacrifice.

hahaha! I like this. Imagine the problems we could solve.

I disagree, there's been some pretty great bald men in history, like scientists and statesmen and athletes as well. That would be a pretty shitty thing to deny potential great people a chance at life.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I'll make a counter proposal; how about we neuter the people who teach their children to be judgemental of others.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
A eugenics approach...

It would be like an episode from the Twilight Zone, a eugenics approach to remove a supposed "Abnormality" in our genes from the population only to discover this "Abnormality" is precisely what we need to overcome changing environmental factors.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
deciding to adopt/foster instead because your're balding might the right track to a solution to reducing the spread of the disease
it's unavoidable that more kids are in need of fostering/adopting than people taking fostered or adopted children and you don't really have to be infertile to do it
why have kids of your own genetic creation when there are so many children out there in desperate need of a home?

Japanfour

Reaction score
somone uk said:
deciding to adopt/foster instead because your're balding might the right track to a solution to reducing the spread of the disease
it's unavoidable that more kids are in need of fostering/adopting than people taking fostered or adopted children and you don't really have to be infertile to do it why have kids of your own genetic creation when there are so many children out there in desperate need of a home?

He's got a good point, guys. I think the next step should be adopting children with blonde hair and blue eyes, since we all know these are more desirable traits. Maybe we can have a system where we enforce these rules on others, and call it...i don't know...a final solution? I really don't see where this could go wrong guys, think about it, a perfect race of people! This will definitely work!

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Japanfour said:
somone uk said:
it's unavoidable that more kids are in need of fostering/adopting than people taking fostered or adopted children and you don't really have to be infertile to do it why have kids of your own genetic creation when there are so many children out there in desperate need of a home?

He's got a good point, guys. I think the next step should be adopting children with blonde hair and blue eyes, since we all know these are more desirable traits. Maybe we can have a system where we enforce these rules on others, and call it...i don't know...a final solution? I really don't see where this could go wrong guys, think about it, a perfect race of people! This will definitely work!
godwin's law
your argument is invalid

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
pfft i see no one googled godwins law, nazi comparisons are weak for the same reason that it's weak argument to use a stalin comparison to argue against free healthcare

i was suggesting that people could adopt or foster so people wouldn't have to suffer, i never mentioned blonde hair and blue eyes because i have never seen people suicidally depressed over having the wrong hair and eye colour

and since someone mentioned eugenics, it might be a scary word but it just means the human intervention to improve genetics, technically gene therapy and the selective breeding of cattle are both cases of eugenics

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness is actually supposed to be a recessive gene, so instead of killing people off or whatever, it might not be such a bad idea to make sure the woman you have kids with has a dad with a full head of hair, and as long as further generations of your male offspring stick to this routine the gene will have effectively been diluted and eliminated through selective breeding.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
I'll make a counter proposal; how about we neuter the people who teach their children to be judgemental of others.

^^Here here!!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
Baldness is actually supposed to be a recessive gene, so instead of killing people off or whatever, it might not be such a bad idea to make sure the woman you have kids with has a dad with a full head of hair, and as long as further generations of your male offspring stick to this routine the gene will have effectively been diluted and eliminated through selective breeding.

Comical idea especially if you think about it

If you do that and go and have a daughter. Due to your big bald head noone will breed with her.

:D

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enden said:

Agreed.

The next step to cure humanity from; stupidity.

That cure for this disease would be even more exciting. Think of society with an IQ of over 80. How promising....... :)

Ende

Reaction score
Japanfour said:
somone uk said:
lol.

I don't understand why people have so much against this. It's obvious that you haven't suffered enough. In my case it's a lot more than hair loss, and if it was just that - maybe I would have a different view, but it's so much more. I would never want another kid to go through the same things as me. You don't see the big picture. There are diseases in this world that causes tremendous amount of suffering, and they have no cure - some of them not even treatments. Scientist have tried to find solutions for decades, but we're nowhere close to a solution. One generation that can't have their own kids, is a small sacrifice, and you're selfish if you think otherwise. Personally, the thought of never have been born, is liberating.

Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal. It's a part of your body which you lose, and it causes a lot of mental problems in many men and women. It makes you a lot less attractive. It's like saying that bad vision isn't a disease, but a trait... The truth is that if you had to take care of yourself, and didn't have any glasses or contact lenses, you would have died - if it was bad enough.

Animals with diseases gets rejected by others, and then they die. It's called natural selection, which make sure the genetic pool - and thereby the individual, stays healthy.

Ende

Reaction score
hellouser said:
Enden said:

Agreed.

The next step to cure humanity from; stupidity.

That cure for this disease would be even more exciting. Think of society with an IQ of over 80. How promising....... :)
Sarcasm, or what?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-genius-sperm-bank/

:whistle:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal. It's a part of your body which you lose, and it causes a lot of mental problems in many men and women. It makes you a lot less attractive.
Ah, not this crap again
Go see the Ebony article I posted in the Impact section and tell me it is a freaking disease that makes you less attractive
It's just a trait that white people see as unattractive. For some reason it doesn't affect black guys the same way

Again, there was a time when people tried to scare girls about miscegenation telling them that "black men have huge penises". Tell me that is a horrible "disease" to have these days

Ende

Reaction score
bigentries said:
Enden said:
Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal. It's a part of your body which you lose, and it causes a lot of mental problems in many men and women. It makes you a lot less attractive.
Again, there was a time when people tried to scare girls about miscegenation telling them that "black men have huge penises". Tell me that is a horrible "disease" to have these days
What? Bad comparison. Tell me micropenis isn't a disease.

Ever thought that Androgenetic Alopecia may be nature's way of decreasing your chance of reproduction? We all know that bald men gets women, and that it's more about personality and self-confidence than anything else, but that's not the point.

Btw, please post the link to that article here.