A cure within the next 10 years, according to scientists

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some really ugly opinions in this thread.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
bigentries said:
Enden said:
Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal. It's a part of your body which you lose, and it causes a lot of mental problems in many men and women. It makes you a lot less attractive.
Again, there was a time when people tried to scare girls about miscegenation telling them that "black men have huge penises". Tell me that is a horrible "disease" to have these days
What? Bad comparison. Tell me micropenis isn't a disease.

Ever thought that Androgenetic Alopecia may be nature's way of decreasing your chance of reproduction? We all know that bald men gets women, and that it's more about personality and self-confidence than anything else, but that's not the point.

Btw, please post the link to that article here.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=66363

Micropenises? I'm talking about how really big penises used to be considered a turn off
And there is a difference between a micropenis and just having a small penis
The same way not all short people have dwarfism

And no, it's not the way of decreasing your chances of reproduction. As you see, baldness is considered a good trait in the Black community. Are you really telling me that Black dudes that shave their head (by male pattern baldness or by choice) are having trouble getting laid?
I asked the question before about why black people seem to not be affected by the baldness stigma, and pretty much everyone admitted they don't consider them "bald" in the way they see other white people without hair.
Unless you have some really weird racial ideas, baldness is just a "disease" if a society considers it.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enden said:
hellouser said:
Enden said:
All this news sounds promising, but I fear the only cure is to sterilise every kid who has a family history of male pattern baldness, and let the disease disappear from the face of the earth, with them. Think of it, a lot of diseases which are hard or impossible to cure could be dealt with this way. One generation, that's all it takes. A small sacrifice.

Agreed.

The next step to cure humanity from; stupidity.

That cure for this disease would be even more exciting. Think of society with an IQ of over 80. How promising....... :)
Sarcasm, or what?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-genius-sperm-bank/

:whistle:

Yeah, sarcasm.

But seriously though, it'd be nice to 'inject' rational thinking into humans.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal. It's a part of your body which you lose, and it causes a lot of mental problems in many men and women. It makes you a lot less attractive. It's like saying that bad vision isn't a disease, but a trait... The truth is that if you had to take care of yourself, and didn't have any glasses or contact lenses, you would have died - if it was bad enough.

Animals with diseases gets rejected by others, and then they die. It's called natural selection, which make sure the genetic pool - and thereby the individual, stays healthy.
Maybe I am missing your point here but how can you compare Androgenetic Alopecia to a disease which will lead to the disappearance of the subject if left untreated?

I can perfectly understand how a big myope (I am one of those) would be injured or even die if there were no corrective eyeglasses, but how exactly bald people (I am also one of those) are supposed to die if left untreated?

Ende

Reaction score
Vox said:
Enden said:
Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal. It's a part of your body which you lose, and it causes a lot of mental problems in many men and women. It makes you a lot less attractive. It's like saying that bad vision isn't a disease, but a trait... The truth is that if you had to take care of yourself, and didn't have any glasses or contact lenses, you would have died - if it was bad enough.

Animals with diseases gets rejected by others, and then they die. It's called natural selection, which make sure the genetic pool - and thereby the individual, stays healthy.
Maybe I am missing your point here but how can you compare Androgenetic Alopecia to a disease which will lead to the disappearance of the subject if left untreated?

I can perfectly understand how a big myope (I am one of those) would be injured or even die if there were no corrective eyeglasses, but how exactly bald people (I am also one of those) are supposed to die if left untreated?
So what you're saying is that death must be a possibility before a condition may be defined as a disease? If hair loss isn't a problem, and perfectly normal - why are you here? For me, it's a health problem. It affects my mental health.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enden said:
Vox said:
Enden said:

So what you're saying is that death must be a possibility before a condition may be defined as a disease? If hair loss isn't a problem, and perfectly normal - why are you here? For me, it's a health problem. It affects my mental health.

Same for me, it is a psychological issue. I'm losing my hair, I'm starting to look worse, my self esteem and confidence are down, my willingness to have pictures taken of me are gone, my initiatives to talk to women are altered by my deteriorating looks... I'm basically becoming closed off.

All of this is giving me lots of stress and if it gets worse may end up in depression. And despite it not being a physical issue, theres no cure for stress or depression, only drugs that get you hooked which I will *never* take.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
So what you're saying is that death must be a possibility before a condition may be defined as a disease? If hair loss isn't a problem, and perfectly normal - why are you here?
First of all you need to relax, and then have a look again at what you wrote. You put Androgenetic Alopecia in the same level as natural defects or diseases that are eliminated by natural selection. You know, I wish more than you do that this was actually the case in the very distant past of the human species, since then there would not be left today bald people. male pattern baldness whould have disappeared centuries, thousands of years ago. Yet it is still here.

I remember also having read recently that male pattern baldness occurence seems to increase lately among the youngest population but I cannot find anymore the reference. Anyone knows if it is true?

Enden said:
For me, it's a health problem. It affects my mental health.
This is the difference from animals and natural selection, our brains. It is the reason why this is a problem and, at the same time, at the root of its persistence.

powersam

Reaction score
Really, anything that affects breeding success should be seen as a disease. Far more so than alzheimers for instance, which happens way breeding age.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
Really, anything that affects breeding success should be seen as a disease. Far more so than alzheimers for instance, which happens way breeding age.
So according to your logic, having a huge horrible nose is a disease? Men with body hair have a disease?
Being short is a disease?
Women with flat chest and asses have a disease?

Again, the black community doesn't have a problem with baldness in males, so it proves that it is hardly a "disease"
A disease remains the same amongst all societies and ethnic groups.

Ende

Reaction score
I have seen one black man with hair loss, so they definitely have the problem as well.. Maybe they aren't affected as much as white men, but... The traits you're talking about, compares better to the difference between hair... thickness and color for instance... Some people have thick hair, some have thin. Some people have red hair.

What if some people got gradually shorter after reaching adulthood, or the nose continued to grow until it covered the whole face; would you see that as a trait or disease?

IMO, Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal, and it affects a lot of people negatively.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enden said:
I have seen one black man with hair loss, so they definitely have the problem as well.. Maybe they aren't affected as much as white men, but... The traits you're talking about, compares better to the difference between hair... thickness and color for instance... Some people have thick hair, some have thin. Some people have red hair.

What if some people got gradually shorter after reaching adulthood, or the nose continued to grow until it covered the whole face; would you see that as a trait or disease?

IMO, Androgenetic Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal, and it affects a lot of people negatively.

Black guys generally look pretty good with short or no hair at all. White men.... not so much. Pale men? Not at all.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
hellouser said:
Enden said:

Black guys generally look pretty good with short or no hair at all. White men.... not so much. Pale men? Not at all.

There is a workaround: get a tan. If you don't want to risk getting skin cancer from too much UV, then go for the "spray on" tan. But, if you live in a region that doesn't have very many tanned people, then I could see that this may look rather odd.

why does other peoples opinion matter?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
bigentries said:
Oknow said:
why does other peoples opinion matter?
The same reason baldness is a problem

Yeah, I think we have found the source of dudemon's problem, he seems to care A LOT about other people's opinions of him. If it is not his hair, it will be him being too tanned (depending on where he is) etc etc. That statement of his summed it up.

The interesting thing is, I wouldn't really give a f*** if my body was too tanned (if I wasn't already). So it goes to show, that different people give different meaning/interpretation to the same problem.

Rnz

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Seriously - people often mistake me for a bum or a thug. (eg - parents pull their kids closer when they see me ... or store security watches me - thinking I am going to steal something...) Even when I wear nice clothes, and try to dress up, people still treat me like I'm a "special" person - and not like everyone else (a loser).

I always feel out of place, no matter what, even around my own family!

Low self esteem and feeling out of place - sounds like depression, especially if thats how you feel ALL THE TIME. At least its easier to treat than hair loss.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oknow said:
Yeah, I think we have found the source of dudemon's problem, he seems to care A LOT about other people's opinions of him. If it is not his hair, it will be him being too tanned (depending on where he is) etc etc. That statement of his summed it up.

The interesting thing is, I wouldn't really give a f*ck if my body was too tanned (if I wasn't already). So it goes to show, that different people give different meaning/interpretation to the same problem.

Perhaps I do care too much. But, I have a reason to because I literally have been made fun of and laughed at (more than once) for looking like a total ugly *** geeky/nerdy/goober/dork/loser!

I was (and kind of still am) the guy that most women (99.99999....%) want absolutely NOTHING to do with because my appearance totally grosses them out. (Seriously, I'm not kidding).

Yet you have been married and have had sex.

Does that make sense to you?

Although I have improved somewhat, I still look terrible no matter how hard I try to look better. For example, on my BEST DAY, I would say I am about a "3" on a scale of 1 to 10. (Again, I'm dead serious here!).

So being in my shoes, I have to be concerned about what people think. I have found that a tan is an easy way to look a little healthier and not so pale. It improves my appearance.

Seriously - people often mistake me for a bum or a thug. (eg - parents pull their kids closer when they see me ... or store security watches me - thinking I am going to steal something...) Even when I wear nice clothes, and try to dress up, people still treat me like I'm a "special" person - and not like everyone else (a loser).

I always feel out of place, no matter what, even around my own family!

Post a pic.

If it makes you feel better, I do get told I am attractive, was told this on sunday, yet 2 weeks ago, I was out clubbing. Girls literally ran away from me. It just wasn't my night. My friend got told by one girl; he is quite attractive, to "f*** off".

Point is, don't take it personally. Some people are just a*** no matter who you are. Not everybody will like you, me, or the next guy. That's why caring so much about what other people think, is pointless.

Finally, you may not realise this, but before you open your mouth, people react based on your body-language and vibe. I have had nights where I have been on fire; where my energy levels are a lot higher and girls are more receptive towards me.

Coincidence?