A cure within the next 10 years, according to scientists

Re75

Reaction score
I like how Stephanopoulos starts off by saying it's an interest to "senior men", as if only older people get it... idiot. This kind of crap always irks me.

George Castanza Seinfeld clips, the atypical balding man to the media.

Actual info was good though, like others have said it just depends when stem cell procedures will really begin to be practiced and refined.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Figuring out how to stimulate these cells will be difficult without putting one at risk for cancer.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
HATE! HATE! HAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

Letac

Reaction score
Yup, it really sucks, but what else can we do than just hope... I strongly believe and hope that there will be some kind of "cure" on the market soon. If Histogen delievers, we will have a cure in late 2013. I do really believe that!!

Even though, until then, it sucks big time.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does anyone else here think: i don't give a sh*t if it's not "proven safe yet" just cure this f*****g condition?

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what if you will get cancer or any other disease?

to be honest ...before a cure I bet we'll see a scalp transplantation...I bet this thing will happen in this decade rather than a cure for male pattern baldness!

Ende

Reaction score
All this news sounds promising, but I fear the only cure is to sterilise every kid who has a family history of male pattern baldness, and let the disease disappear from the face of the earth, with them. Think of it, a lot of diseases which are hard or impossible to cure could be dealt with this way. One generation, that's all it takes. A small sacrifice.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
some of your posts are insane...there are some guys that are comfortable living bald and enjoy life more than a guy with full head of hair!!! besides this the male pattern baldness can appear even from the 5 th generations grandpa...I know a guy that all of his familly have no problem with hairloss no father not grandfathers or uncles...but he is a norwood 5-6...

Ende

Reaction score
Some men are comfortable with no hair. No men are comfortable with losing their hair, but it clearly affects some men more than others. I've not seen or heard of a single case, where someone goes bald without a bald father, grandfather- or great grandfather on mothers side. Women usually only carries the bad genes.

What's insane, is that we're spending decades on research, while generations are suffering from various inherited health problems, when a simple measure, like NOT passing on your genes, or taking preventive measures if you have a severe disease like HIV, to avoid infecting others, could end all the problems once and for all with something as simple as the inevitable death.

Let nature take its course. Imagine if we didn't have glasses or contact lenses, and everyone had to take care of themselves. A lot of people would die, from something as apparently normal and harmless as bad vision.

F-M-DHT

Reaction score
Hey, 1st post on this forum,
before a cure I bet we'll see a scalp transplantation...I bet this thing will happen in this decade rather than a cure for male pattern baldness!
:agree:

If this Prof. Roland Lauster chap can actually clone hair follicles and grow hair like he says he has, what's to say he can't regrow a full heads worth of hair on tissue? and have that transplanted.
That's kind of what i though hair multiplication would be when i first sort of started reading up on this as apposed to what ARI is doing!

sorry if this reply comes across slightly science fictiony.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no monty I didn't oredered anything yet...I am not in hurry because I make a good job with nanogen...so no need to hurry! I will choose coolpiece!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
andrei_eremenko said:
no monty I didn't oredered anything yet...I am not in hurry because I make a good job with nanogen...so no need to hurry! I will choose coolpiece!

Fair play man!

Yeah I am thinking of trying toppik or nanogen myself!

yea...it is something that add the ilussion of good density...but I am really scared after I wash my hair!
so I know that I will try a piece or two this year because the unavoidable will happen I will be at least a norwood 5...I have noticed that my right side is starting to thin too...so my options will be a good hair system or the bald look...
and I might prefer the hair piece as I can see some good results of young guys like this!

Attachments

• DSC01084-1.jpg
    DSC01084-1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,576

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
of course maybe the scientists will have something in the next 5 years and everyone will be happy again! but I doubt!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea they are cheap...but it is almost the same thing...you can be busted with both:) if the pieces are so good then I will better deal with this than concelears...because concelears will not repair my receding hairline...and it could look like bad treated hair when it's too much...so...if the hairpiece will work so good then I will drop the concelears...or use just a bit for blending natural and fake hair!!! that's it you need to accept or try to solve it no matter how!

Ende

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
Enden said:
Some men are comfortable with no hair. No men are comfortable with losing their hair, but it clearly affects some men more than others.
take a look at Chris Daughtry!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpNcw7C1 ... re=related

I think it looks really good with shaved look!
Indeed he does, but he's not the typical case... He shaved his head without giving it a second thought when he got a mature hairline... He's probably one of the guys who could have done it anyway, and be comfortable with it, without any hairloss. Another thing, he can grow out his hair again, and no one will see him as balding at all, maybe his attitude would be different if it wasn't a choice. Some men do look very good with shaved head, but it depends on your face, and the shape of your skull. Self confidence is very important too. You're not going to project something attractive if you can't stand the way you look.

Skywalker

Reaction score
Dont know if I can bring myself to wearing a peice. Everyone will know.

I don't blame you, the embarrassment knows no bounds and would never end, I would rather pull my own fingernails out.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you will take care about everything nobody will know that you are wearing...
regarding Chris Daughtry...he is a kind of confident guy because he can rock that style...imagine him with a bad shape of head...would be in that position so confindent?
I've heard the same thing with enrique...he is wearing hair because he has a bad shape of head...

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day there will be a cure, but with this ten years crap they keep saying every decade its likelly to happen when im very old and dont care. :(

Unfortunatelly even histogen cannot be seen as a cure as of yet. As promising as it sounds its not known whether the results are permanent and need repeated procedures or not. Im guessing it does (and that will be expensive). Its relativelly new and no one can be certain whether its effectiveness at treating male pattern baldness will last through out ones life time.

A cure by my definition would be something that completelly removes the genes responsible for hairloss for good. A one time treatment and i dont think we are anywhere near something that good.