Andrew+Garfield+Imaginarium+Doctor+Parnassus+Hkcsu1f4lL6l.jpg

2014:

hair grown out:

andrew-garfield-99-homes-tiff-premiere.jpg

buzzcut:

487230079-1419961873.jpg?quality=.8&height=1201.jpg
andrew-garfield-haircut-nyc.jpg

0422-andrew-launch-2.jpg

with a buzzcut you can clearly see the norwood pattern. he will end up norwood 5a...

without buzzcut he probably would just worry about the receeding corners

i read somewhere that the moment you start to notice hairloss with grown out hair already 50 % of density is gone...looks like this is true

Last edited:

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im tempted to do a buzzcut but when i would see a reverse y shape i probably would get a mental breakdown

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup its brutal. I wish I had a NW0 with perfect density to buzzcut in the summer, but if i did right now i would kill myself at the results.

This is also why all those idiots start their treatments when its too late, they dont notice they are already balding.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup its brutal. I wish I had a NW0 with perfect density to buzzcut in the summer, but if i did right now i would kill myself at the results.

This is also why all those idiots start their treatments when its too late, they dont notice they are already balding.

for comparison

zayn-malik-hot-or-not-shaved-head-gty-ftr.jpg

density is the same all over the head. no norwood pattern recognisable

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, that's why I grown them out

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something like this:

1) Early hair loss can be covered with growing it out, buzzing it will show pattern
2) Mid to severe hair loss, looks horrible grown out, buzzing is the only solution for sharp aesthetic even if it appears thinner in areas. Good for advanced guys to maintain a buzz cut via transplants, I get asked this at times over PM, aim for uniformity with the surgery. If you can pull off buzz facially, worth pursuing.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something like this:

1) Early hair loss can be covered with growing it out, buzzing it will show pattern
2) Mid to severe hair loss, looks horrible grown out, buzzing is the only solution for sharp aesthetic even if it appears thinner in areas. Good for advanced guys to maintain a buzz cut via transplants, I get asked this at times over PM, aim for uniformity with the surgery. If you can pull off buzz facially, worth pursuing.

what about the scars when you buzzcut? could you camouflage them with smp?

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can. You can also transplant hairs into the FUT scar line. FUE is easier to cover up than FUT with SMP from what I have seen.

Honestly, Garfield looks great. He's been balding for quite some time. He wore temple wigs in Silence (great movie by Scorsese). He's got boyish looks but is 36. Dude looks great. No one would notice the thinning pattern besides us Norwood spotters. Comparing his mild male pattern baldness to a Norwood-freak like that singer guy is wrong. Just like you wouldn't compare your intelligence to Stephen Hawking or your dick to James Deen.

Also good to keep in mind: That isn't even a low buzzcut. He could go shorter and it would look amazing. He never lost that straight hairline. Really frames his face in an amazing way. Growing out a buzzcut always looks like sh*t for a month and paparazzis use flash photography.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it's all a play of semantics. He is thinning, sure, but no one would consider it balding. But it is typical male pattern baldness.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

what are you on as of late? i tried finasteride, it gave me sides, havent tried minoxidil yet, need advice which solution (liquid/foam) and brand to use

i read somewhere that the moment you start to notice hairloss with grown out hair already 50 % of density is gone...looks like this is true
this sh*t sends shivers down my spine, because i can visibly notice my hair loss with long hair at this point and density is indeed fucked badly, i remember when i was 20, my hair was so densely packed that haidressers complained that they cant cut it with scissors..
i want to jump off the tallest building in the city

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you Wolf. Would you say that advanced balders should consider a hairtransplant just at the front region. You know, like Zinadine Zidane? Obviously it would look dreadful if grown out, but a buzzcut with a good NW1 or 2 frame at the front and a bald spot at the back surely looks markedly better than bald all over? I sometimes think about getting a transplant myself. But I worry about the efficacy and the cost.

I would say firstly know your donor numbers, your hair calibre and final pattern.Then you know what you're working on. It may well be you can get a good head of hair, if not, the "buzz cut transplant" is doable for anyone. Yes a proper Norwood 1/2 is vital as it changes/restores facial aesthetics, at the back it's only about not being the "balding/bald guy" but does little to directly impact your looks. Use your grafts wisely as they are hard to relocate, ideally with medication. Don't just go to a recommended surgeon, rather, find one as similar for your situation as possible. In a rush so typos i'm sure and some admin stuff.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The buzzcut isn't meant to make you look like a fullhead. The point of the buzzcut is that society is more forgiving of a thinning dude with a buzzcut than a thinning dude with a really obvious combover. I buzzcut to 3/4 of an inch. It's obvious that I'm thinning with a visible horseshoe, and under bright lights it's very unflattering, but the most important thing is that it doesn't make me look like I'm desperate for hair. Also, even full heads with buzzcuts have visible scalp under harsh overhead lighting, so it's not that odd when people see scalp visible on a dude with short hair. What's f*****g odd is if the light shines on your combover and exposes the reality of your hair. Now, that would most certainly direct people's eyes to your scalp IMMEDIATELY. It's such a drastic change that people can't help but notice.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A buzzcut is possible imho but it should only be an option for your hair transplant, definitely not the ultimate plan.
And make sure you get it done by a good doctor, don't go to a "clinic" like this guy. Looks dreadful imho.

upload_2019-8-26_22-32-36.png

upload_2019-8-26_22-33-22.png

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A buzzcut is possible imho but it should only be an option for your hair transplant, definitely not the ultimate plan.
And make sure you get it done by a good doctor, don't go to a "clinic" like this guy. Looks dreadful imho.

View attachment 127120
View attachment 127121
Damn. He could have just went for full but thin coverage. You don't need a super thick hairline to frame the face. Just thick enough to give you some frame is all you need. The thing is that I don't know if he insisted on doing it like this or he just went to a shitty surgeon, so it's not always the doctor's fault.