7 month difference - pics

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the kind of hair I had in grade 4...get on with your life...you do not have male pattern baldness... :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Quantum cat is the Rick Astley lookalike?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
What a fuckin' toolbox. Dude if you were in my immediate graspable area I'd arm wrestle your face.

zcat...QuantamCat...whoever you are...stay away from the hairloss forums, and think about the "I have entirely too many cats" forum (Just sell a few and it won't be as creepy.)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
And as mentioned before, he obviously thinks bald guys don't deserve to have a hot girlfriend. Time to pack your bags you inverted scrotum!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
this may be a silly question

(i only have one account)

why would someone want two

why do you guys this it's bad to have two

personally i think if i had the chance i would want to change my name but thats just me

cheers

zcat

Reaction score
finfighter, you're kidding right?? Explain to me again how I have two profiles and clearly I'm the one who disparaged a guy with a hot chick??

This is the only post I have done. This is the only one I have responded to. Check my profile. Just because I have "cat" in my name, that means I'm some other dude with "cat" too? Just because zcat never responded to some other Cat's post - I must have written it? C'mon man, is everyone with "fight" in their name you?

Please stop inciting, stop instigating. I understand my loss isn't as bad as others on here, but it is happening, and I don't want it to progress. Isn't that what we all want? I came here looking for honest help for an honest problem. Attached are my crown shots. I just monitor the hairline because it is easier.

I never said a bad word about anybody.

Attachments

• may.jpg
    may.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 155
  • april.jpg
    april.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 136
  • late march 09 hair 023.jpg
    late march 09 hair 023.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 125
  • top cropped.jpg
    top cropped.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 133

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm ok if that is your hair then you are going bald.
But i dunno, it looks alot different to the hair on page 1, its alot thinner and isnt as dark in the dry pic.
Why would you wait all this time to post crown pics if thats where your actually experiencing hariloss?

zcat

Reaction score
I didn't come for a diagnosis - I know I'm balding. That's what I've been trying to say. I just monitor the hairline - it's easier to do I guess. And I just was saying that my hairline looks like it has improved or maintained completely over the last year, and was asking for opinions on that. It is really hard to see whats happening on top because it is usually long and harder to see specific hairs. It doesn't seem to have changed much.

I am not on any medications. I know they'll help. My derm said he wouldn't put me on propecia "yet" and to monitor it. I had a really bad case of SD. I do not want to get on any medications while I can hold off - hence my program of supps, nizoral, lifestyle. The first page is my hair styled. It is easy to hide, actually. That's why i want to maintain. But when it is wet or brushed forward on top, like the pics I've shown, it is apparent. Those were the worst pics I could find. I attached a pic of it styled in the back.

All I was asking was if the hairline got better over a year, or didn't get worse.

Attachments

• hair styled.jpg
    hair styled.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 137

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats balding????? :shock:

zcat

Reaction score
You don't think so, s.a.f? You seem like a good guy - you haven't villified me! ha. What do you really think about the crown? Those were the worst pics I could find. My derm said - "it's a little thin on top, but it has not changed in 1.5 years." and to simply monitor it. He would not prescribe propecia "yet". It was the second Doctor - Bernstein - who gave me the prescription and simply said come back in a year. I want to avoid finasteride as long as I can.

My dad has perfect hair. My older bro is slightly recessed but thicker than I am on top at 40. You would not consider him "balding" at all.

Most people think I am nuts - my gf thinks I am crazy. I'm 34 and she thinks it is just a little thin with age.

That's all I'm trying to do guys - monitor it. These are more pics of how it looks when styled and wet.

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 134
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 130
  • right out of the shower.jpg
    right out of the shower.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 149
  • completely wet, one brush.jpg
    completely wet, one brush.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 121

Obsidian

Reaction score
Some of the guys here need to calm the f*ck down.

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
heyitsthatguy said:
Hmm ok if that is your hair then you are going bald.
But i dunno, it looks alot different to the hair on page 1, its alot thinner and isnt as dark in the dry pic.
Why would you wait all this time to post crown pics if thats where your actually experiencing hariloss?
I clicked on your profile and it said that your most active post was that quantumcat post, it says on your profile that you posted 9 times on that post, but zcat hasn't posted once on there, quantum cat has posted 9 times, profiles don't lie.

wth are you on about???

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
That is the start of male pattern baldness.....but it will take quite a while for it to be noticeable at all for you...

beaner

Reaction score
finfighter said:
zcat said:
show me a screen shot

Click on your profile-zcat and you will see for yourself.

Seriously dude, what are you talking about? I've clicked his profile and don't see it. It shows his most active topic as this one. Even if he did have two usernames, you wouldn't find the details of one by clicking on the other.

Anyway, I think zcat is just being paranoid, but hey...aren't we all when it comes to our hair?

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
I was pretty pissed reading Zcat's posts until I got to his pictures of the back, and then reluctantly agreed he's got a little loss.

That said, once your loss gets to the point where you are actually looking like you're balding, trust me, you'll quiet down about all this lifestyle business. Your lifestyle has nothing to do with your loss, but for those as lucky to have as much hair at 34 as you, you won't figure this out until you're 40. And then you'll get on Propecia real quick. You'll be even more horrified when you find it doesn't work for you (didn't work for me).

That said, I won't impugn your right to be on this site. Like you said, everyone experiences their loss when they do, and everyone wants to stop it.

I guess it's good to remember that, regardless of how much hair you have, there's someone for EVERYone out there who would rather be you, and there are plenty of people out there you'd rather be.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Zcat, your crown looks exactly like mine did when I first began to notice my hair loss. It only took a couple years for things to really go downhill for the crown after that. My hair line remained perfect for a long time, so if I were you I'd keep an eye on the back rather than worrying about the front.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Zcat, I honestly think you may have some age related thinning but it is so minimal. I would not really call that male pattern baldness. If that were the case you would have should earlier signs about 10 years ago. Just because you show some scalp when your hair is wet does not indicate balding. Miniaturization in excess amounts means your balding. If my hair was as thick as yours DRY and looked at good as yours DRY, I would not use anything other than Nano shampoo and conditioner. I just hope what happened to me will not happen to you. After around 8-9 months, my hair went downhill after 8-9 months on Propecia. My hair was never as thick as yours but I did show minimal loss kind of like yourself. My dad started going bald at 18 years old and is about a NW6 and both my grandfathers were about the same. So my strong family history has always been worrisome. I guess that was why I started to take Propecia. However, I still have a full head of hair but it not like it was 3 years ago before I was on Propecia. Its worse but not too noticeable since I started with very minimal thinning like you have. I do think you definitely have a right to be concerned because if I had hair like yours I would not want to lose it either. However, unfortunately, unless you have some obvious hair loss in this forum, you are always going to be "bashed" by the "upper class Norwoods" :whistle: You might just have a case of BDD like myself although I have been to 2 hair transplant docs and my dermatologist and they say I do need to keep taking Propecia. So they must either think because of my strong family history it warrants me to be a Propecia junkie like another poster with the same name or they see hair loss that only an expert can detect.