7 month difference - pics

zcat

Reaction score
Hey guys - thanks for all of the help! It is good not be bashed and/or crazily accused of creating separate profiles and insulting bald dudes. (????) I'm here just for other eyes and knowledge (and to read about treatments).

I realize it is a little thin on top - even my derm and gp said they can see a little scalp. It may be the beginning of an male pattern baldness battle. But they said I'm in my now mid-30s, it thins a little naturally and would not prescribe propecia "yet", and just to monitor it. Which is what I am doing. I've looked at pics from 6-7 years ago and I see some scalp on top. So, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully it doesn't go downhill. I'll be going to the derm again soon. No one on my dad's side has it, and my mom's brother has a little spot but he is in his 60s. My brother's hairline is worse than mine, but he doesn't look thin on top. The derm said to look at him as a proxy for how I'll be. He is 6 years older. I am hairier than he is though. My twin sister says I have more hair than she does.

I can honestly say I don't think it has changed in a year or 2. I understand it will probably get worse over time - but hasn't noticeably yet. So, I'll just keep an eye on it like I have. I just woke up today and looked in the mirror under harsh lighting and saw very little scalp with my dry bed head - encouraging.

Anyways, I'll post another update in 4 months or so. Thanks again! And yes, my gf (and my ex and ex before her!) think I have BDD. So, maybe I need to handle that as well. On the bright side, the BDD certainly keeps me vigilant!