6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks

Was going to maybe try some higher strength minoxidil but still having a look to see where to purchase from

20180415_125846.jpg 20180415_130057.jpg 20180415_130045.jpg

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you so keen to use more minoxidil ? Shirley you should be trying to maintain hair without it now that you have it back.
Could try a natural topical, something with nutrients that are proved to work. Try work your way off minoxidil, same with Finasteride. You should lower does to 0.20 3 times a week.
I don't understand people who get their hair back and at that point want to go extreme with higher doses.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you so keen to use more minoxidil ? Shirley you should be trying to maintain hair without it now that you have it back.
Could try a natural topical, something with nutrients that are proved to work. Try work your way off minoxidil, same with Finasteride. You should lower does to 0.20 3 times a week.
I don't understand people who get their hair back and at that point want to go extreme with higher doses.

You need to continue to use both otherwise you lose what you gained and then some, you cannot just decide to stop using these things and hope to maintain, it simply won't work.

Minoxidil has worked well with me so maybe a higher dose would gain some improvements? Maybe not but it's something I would be willing to try.

I don't think 10 or 15% is an extreme dose because this is what they use when you go to a hair clinic with 1.25mg Finasteride.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scottio your lucky.

I am 6 months into Finastride now (Along with the minoxidil approach I was already on) and I think in the last month and even now I might be experiencing my first type of shedding as for sure my hair is worse now then it's ever been in my opinion visually.

For example now I have to use more hair fibres when I go out to conceal.

Just a month ago and before, I was fine. 3 months into Finastride it actually seemed positive but something has happened in the last month.

Now it is 6 months and I confidently can say that it's prob. my worst situation ever, see this picture.

Is this something I should be worried about Scottio? Did you experience anything funny like this?

It means I have to always style my hair on one direction which I hate

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 18.17.32.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 18.17.32.png
    540.3 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 17.08.04.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 17.08.04.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,220

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scottio your lucky.

I am 6 months into Finastride now (Along with the minoxidil approach I was already on) and I think in the last month and even now I might be experiencing my first type of shedding as for sure my hair is worse now then it's ever been in my opinion visually.

For example now I have to use more hair fibres when I go out to conceal.

Just a month ago and before, I was fine. 3 months into Finastride it actually seemed positive but something has happened in the last month.

Now it is 6 months and I confidently can say that it's prob. my worst situation ever, see this picture.

Is this something I should be worried about Scottio? Did you experience anything funny like this?

It means I have to always style my hair on one direction which I hate

I experienced shedding about 7 or so months into treatment but not at the start, I still shed today. I too have to style my hair certain ways to make it seem better so I think that's normal, before I couldn't style it any way as it wasn't growing enough!

You have a good amount so give it time I would say, at least a year them look back to see difference

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced shedding about 7 or so months into treatment but not at the start, I still shed today. I too have to style my hair certain ways to make it seem better so I think that's normal, before I couldn't style it any way as it wasn't growing enough!

You have a good amount so give it time I would say, at least a year them look back to see difference

Ok well then that gives me some happiness as you experience it 7 in, and I feel I have just for the past 2 weeks and still I am experiencing it at this 6 month mark.

But like I said also I was feeling very happy 3 months in...now I feel down after this experience of shedding

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unreal results! At month 3 did you see any regrowth at all? I'm currently at month three and my shedding has significantly decreased, however I am not noticing much regrowth or density up top, maybe a few hair sprouting up in the corners of my hairline, but not positive.

I honestly didn't notice much until the 4 month mark really and it was nothing obvious, it was only my wife who commented how good it was looking when I started comparing.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly didn't notice much until the 4 month mark really and it was nothing obvious, it was only my wife who commented how good it was looking when I started comparing.

Whoch brand of minoxidil foam do you use?

And how do you exactly apply it?

For example, after I shower, I towel dry my hair then I apply and try to rub it into effected area and then I leave for about 1-2 mins then blow dry my hair.

At night I just rub it into dry hair, into effected areas

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whoch brand of minoxidil foam do you use?

And how do you exactly apply it?

For example, after I shower, I towel dry my hair then I apply and try to rub it into effected area and then I leave for about 1-2 mins then blow dry my hair.

At night I just rub it into dry hair, into effected areas

Same as you really.

After a shower at night I wait until my hair dries naturally then apply to crown and hairline before bed.

In morning I wash my hair and towel dry then apply the foam, I leave it on for 5-10 minutes then blow dry/style for volume.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scottio, do you still use Nizoral 3x a week? Shall I continue doing that myself?

I was just following the bottle and for a long time reduced it to once a week Nizoral...though the weird thing for me is when I use Nizoral and dry my hair after, my hair is actually easier and better to manage. I heard some people say they find their hair hard to style after using nizoral.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent results, Scottio! Want some advice from a guy who's been battling male pattern baldness for over 20 years? Do NOT change a thing. Consistency is the biggest secret in treating hair loss. I would advise against a higher strength minoxidil and just stick to the foam that has clearly been working for you.

How much of the foam are you currently applying per application? You must go through quite a bit. If you are keen for a little more growth/thickening, maybe add a tiny bit more, but do it gradually.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you got a transplant! Wtf! So happy for you man! One less miserable Androgenetic Alopecia sufferer.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Excellent results, Scottio! Want some advice from a guy who's been battling male pattern baldness for over 20 years? Do NOT change a thing. Consistency is the biggest secret in treating hair loss. I would advise against a higher strength minoxidil and just stick to the foam that has clearly been working for you.

How much of the foam are you currently applying per application? You must go through quite a bit. If you are keen for a little more growth/thickening, maybe add a tiny bit more, but do it gradually.

I use a good amount each time, I do my crown then temples. I usually do stick to a bottle of foam a month but maybe just a bit more.

I will try as best I can to stick to my routine as it has worked well for me so far but I am realistic enough to know I will lose some ground but hopefully still stay better than I was before jumping on finasteride and Min.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you got a transplant! Wtf! So happy for you man! One less miserable Androgenetic Alopecia sufferer.

Ha thanks. I wish I could have a transplant but just don't have the money for it plus I know it doesn't always make things better so will just need to stick with it and maybe in a few years there will be some more advancements in treatment.