6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride and Minoxidil since January this year and this is the progress I have made so far.

Routine is 0.5mg generic finasteride daily, Kirkland Minoxidil foam twice a day and 3 times a week Nizoral shampoo.

20170601_221317.jpg 20170601_221344.jpg 20170601_221418.jpg before I started

20170601_220835.jpg 20170601_221210.jpg 20170601_220940.jpg

and today

Update from 03/07/17 lowering my dose to around .25mg a day due to sides 20170703_202435.jpg 20170703_202354.jpg
20180217_142459.jpg 20180217_142439.jpg20180217_142316.jpg

27/01/18 Screenshot_20180201-002928.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.30cecbc26ffdbb4a092a2afbb5fe2920.jpg Taking full 1mg dose with no sides and still use the foam twice a day.

EDIT Jan 2022 now changed to 0.5mg Dutasteride due to substantial hair loss.

Last edited:

Jtay151

Reaction score
That's amazing man! I still got my hairline and crown so I'm in the early stages. Haven't started finasteride\min yet cause I'm nervous of sides but I think I'm gonna finally start before my hair gets worse.

Congrats on the success

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks.

Been toying with taking the full 1mg dose or continue with what I'm doing so far.

Not expierenced any sides or at least anything that bad so far which is a relief. I'd really recommend giving it a try, I was really close to a transplant before but now I'm at least debating it more.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's amazing man! I still got my hairline and crown so I'm in the early stages. Haven't started finasteride\min yet cause I'm nervous of sides but I think I'm gonna finally start before my hair gets worse.

Congrats on the success
You should give it a go. Wish I did sooner and my hair wouldn't have been so far gone.

I only went on this regime to keep the little I had left as it was looking worse as every month passed, I didn't really start noticing anything till around the 4th month mark in terms of regrowth.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results vey impressive stick to whats working no need to increase dose, you will be fully recovered in another 6 months. What was the name on your generic finasteride?

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm so jealous bro, very nice results! No need to change you're dose if you're doing so great on it. I wish you the best!

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
man if i could get half the results as you id be happy wtf.... looks like you have had a bloody transplant haha

is there any toppik or anything in your hair in the after pictures looks really good man happy for you!

g.i joey

Reaction score
g.i joey, but you are NW2 and thick hair

Barely man, my hair isn't thick at all, it's definitely passable in certain settings, but some lighting ruins me as I'm diffusing in nw5 pattern, forehead game is strong af too, but I don't mind that at all.

My hair genetics are complete sh*t, my dad was nw5 at 23, if nothing new comes out for hairloss in the next 3-5 years, I don't think even finasteride can save me tbh.

Anyways, op had amazing regrowth, imo it looks like he even grew his temple points back, which makes a world of a difference!

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results vey impressive stick to whats working no need to increase dose, you will be fully recovered in another 6 months. What was the name on your generic finasteride?

I'm from the UK so I just order a generic finasteride from a maker called actavis online. It's something like 44.99 for a 3 month supply but I split the tablets to get a 6 month supply.

Last edited:

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man if i could get half the results as you id be happy wtf.... looks like you have had a bloody transplant haha

is there any toppik or anything in your hair in the after pictures looks really good man happy for you!
Ha thanks! I was really close to looking into a transplant but maybe that's on hold for now, I would struggle to afford one really unless I went to Turkey or something. No not bought any of that topik stuff as bit paranoid it would end up running down my face with it raining constantly in the UK!

Last edited: