5 month results w/Miconazole Nitrate + Minoxidil - photos

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^ Why do you clutter threads with this crap?

Not like you understand any of it or have the facility to test any of its findings.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
^^^ Why do you clutter threads with this crap?

Not like you understand any of it or have the facility to test any of its findings.

Is it the same guy cluttering this same very thread with useless comments, pictures and keep on calling names on lazy posting members? Why don't you use your brain instead of your virtual bullying skills?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Steroidogenic enzymes in skin.
Andersson S.
Source

Department of Obstetrics-Gynecology and Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390-9032, USA. stefan.andersson@UTSouthwestern.edu
Abstract

The gonadal synthesis of testosterone from cholesterol involves four enzymes, namely, cytochrome P-450 side-chain cleavage enzyme, cytochrome P-450 17a-hydroxylase/lyase, 3b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. A significant part of the plasma-borne testosterone is converted in androgen target tissues, such as the skin, to the more potent androgen dihydrotestosterone by the steroid 5a-reductase type 1 and type 2 isoenzymes. Dihydrotestosterone, which binds to the nuclear androgen receptor with much greater affinity than testosterone, is the androgen responsible for a process leading to androgenetic alopecia. Consequently, the 5a-reductase inhibitor finasteride was developed and has proven efficacious in promoting hair growth as a consequence of lowering scalp and plasma dihydrotestosterone levels. In contrast to the direct synthesis of dihydrotestosterone from testosterone, biologically inactive C19-steroids produced by glandular and peripheral tissues may also feed into the scalp skin production of dihydrotestosterone by the local expression of reductive 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, oxidative 3a-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and 3b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzymes. Aberrant expression of one or more of these enzymes, could conceivably result in increased scalp dihydrotestosterone levels, and possibly, acceleration of the balding process in genetically predisposed men and women.

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am still using brand name monistat 2% off and on. Not really long enough for any noticeable results yet, but I remmeber reading somewhere someone saying monistat brand is no good???

Doesnt make sense as its the same ingredients as the knockoffs. Can whoeever may have posted that elaborate as to why monistat not good???

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I used Monistat brand in the past with great success.. the 4% one.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bump this sh*t! :punk:

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
I used Monistat brand in the past with great success.. the 4% one.

Hey did the 4% give you REgrowth? Meaning growth in bald spots? Or did it make your existing hair longer and therefore look thicker?

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sizzlinghairs said:
Hey guys, so I am still using brand name monistat 2% off and on. Not really long enough for any noticeable results yet, but I remmeber reading somewhere someone saying monistat brand is no good???

Doesnt make sense as its the same ingredients as the knockoffs. Can whoeever may have posted that elaborate as to why monistat not good???

I can definitely say the 2% made my existing hair longer. It's a mediocre help. I never used it long enough to see about regrowth. But I'm about to make it a staple because with long hair, some are short and making them longer will make my hair "thicker" towards the middle and ends.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did the 4% give you RE growth in bald spots?

Or did it lengthen the hair you have now and therefore make it look thicker?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bump!

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so how does this product work? force the hair into anagen as with minoxidil? does it increase hair shaft diameter.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yes Law.. the hair looks normal.. not minoxidil hair...

defenderotfaith

Reaction score
I am a Norwood 3 almost Norwood 4.

I am currently on this regimen.

I'll let you guys know if I get my hair back :)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see the edit option here.

Anywaysb I am 25 and had a thick Norwood 2 head of hair with some minor thinning. I had been on rogaine foam on and off since I was 20.

I stopped rogaine 1.5 years ago. Today I am a NW3/NW4.

I am getting on rogaine again+ adding min to my regimen.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bump!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're about to win the HairLossTalk.com Yearly "Bump" awards Squeegee :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
You're about to win the HairLossTalk.com Yearly "Bump" awards Squeegee :)

LOL! already? We are the 10/01/13! I always see old threads when I google search... use the bump as a reminder!..:woot:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
:phone:

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL! already? We are the 10/01/13! I always see old threads when I google search... use the bump as a reminder!..:woot:

:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
bump.