45 months on the big 3 and counting... (45month pics update)

SE-freak

Reaction score
Re: 32 months on the big 3 and counting... (32month pics update)

I apply the recommended dose twice daily, over the thinning areas only-not all over.

I went through your story. Not sure what to think. If dropping finasteride resulted in thicker hair then you might have been right to stop. Why do you want to start using minoxidil? You do not appear to have seriously thinning areas in your latest pics. For me using a stimulant with no inhibitors is like pouring the water out of a sinking boat.

SE-freak

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
well iwantperfection kept telling me to use it .....

But your story looks so damn good that I want to do it ... my hair is thinner then it was like 4 years ago .... it got a lot thinner once i got on finasteride... so im stuck in a hole of hell of what to do..

But if I do start on all 3 could it hurt me you think ?

But thanks for the replies....

Ryan

Imo you should decide on a strategy that makes sense tou you.
If you came to the conclusion that finasteride led you to further hairloss then why are you considering the big 3? Minoxidil would possibly get you hairrier but are you prepared to bring 2x daily apps into your life?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score

SE, you´re pics are being used on a dutch hairloss site.

They imply that you can get these results with a treatment what doesnt include minoxidil and finasteride.

Take a look: www.rogaine.nl

The site is called rogaine.nl and they dont even sell rogaine, not even minoxidil!

Reaction score

ryan r said:
SE, you´re pics are being used on a dutch hairloss site.

They imply that you can get these results with a treatment what doesnt include minoxidil and finasteride.

Take a look: http://www.rogaine.nl

The site is called rogaine.nl and they dont even sell rogaine, not even minoxidil!

What a rip-off. I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will buy that and believe the pictures are representative. What can SE-Freak do (assuming they didn't ask him for permission) to stop them using his pics?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score

Dunno mate

SE-freak

Reaction score

http://www.rogaine.nl/

Well, I expected this to happen. Can't even read what those guys are claiming.

Anyway, what is the difference- there is a sea of snake oil out there, those pics are so good they could be a fake anyways. If it wasn't for my pics, it would be joeb's, mj's or anyone's having results.

I am pissed, but since I am not going to press charges or stuff, not much I can do more than spamming hairloss forums about what those losers are trying to pull off. Too old and tired for this sh*t. :>

Maybe hairlosstalk admin could place a sticky in some forum section reporting abducted hairlosstalk member success pics :p , and how rogaine.nl is not reliable, but if one has found this site, I believe it's already late for that kind of snakeoil sellers to get their hands in his pocket.

SE

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score

SE-freak said:
http://www.rogaine.nl/

Anyway, what is the difference- there is a sea of snake oil out there, those pics are so good they could be a fake anyways. If it wasn't for my pics, it would be joeb's, mj's or anyone's having results.

I am pissed, but since I am not going to press charges or stuff, not much I can do more than spamming hairloss forums about what those losers are trying to pull off. Too old and tired for this sh*t. :>

Maybe hairlosstalk admin could place a sticky in some forum section reporting abducted hairlosstalk member success pics :p , and how rogaine.nl is not reliable, but if one has found this site, I believe it's already late for that kind of snakeoil sellers to get their hands in his pocket.

SE

A guy from the site said that they are gonna change the pics, they´re old from when they still offered rogaine and other minoxidil.

SE-freak

Reaction score

ryan r said:
[quote="SE-freak":2x6u8djd]http://www.rogaine.nl/

SE

A guy from the site said that they are gonna change the pics, they´re old from when they still offered rogaine and other minoxidil.[/quote:2x6u8djd]

Ryan, thanks for keeping me up to date. Let's hope that is the case.

SE-freak

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
i am .... do you think I can get away with applying it at night time and washing it out when I wake up then spike my hair up as usaul..

Do you think using it once a day would help sine i STILL have all my hair its just thinner ..

Hey much love bro with you answering me !!!!!

One application would still be beneficial surely.

It is basically a simple choice. If you are satisfied with your current position and merely want to maintain, you should go with an inhibitor and a ketoconazole containing shampoo for starters.

If you feel bad about your current hair shape, feel thin, or having trouble styling it then you should combine it with a stimulant.

In any case do not let denial get in your way. It is easy to forget that you were once losing your hair when treatments have worked well for you.

subzerohero

Reaction score

Hey man,
Great results you have!
Congratulations!
I'm new to all this and have a few questions.
Which regimen did you take?
Did it cause any side effects?
I'm especially scared to death for gynaecomastia since I had it removed last year.

Greets

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey Freak, gotta question for you

Have you always been taking 1mg finasteride everyday? like from the very first day until today?

and you take it every night right? why not the morning? and on an empty stomach or full?

thx

SE-freak

Reaction score

My regimen has been: 1mg of finasteride, 2x recommended dosage apps of minoxidil, occasional use of a ketoconazole containing shampoo.

No sides, no difference empty stomach or not, night or morning. I have been taking it before sleep, a habit from my first days on treatment, when doing something about my hairloss let me sleep more easily. :>

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score

I understand you take proscar...

do you find it a hassle to cut that up into 5 pieces? and how do you do it? do you use a pill cutter?

Oh, and where do you buy your proscar online? can you get it anywhere without a prescription? (I live in north america)

Do you think there is a difference between proscar, fincar, finpecia etc...?

thx!

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Did you encounter the so-called massive shed in the start of your regimen of finasteride?
How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Has your liver given you any signs, like brown urine or pain? How much alcohol do you drink?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

Deathcab

Reaction score

Keep the questions coming guys... yahooooo

SE-freak

Reaction score

I understand that this thread has become long enough to be unreadable, but I cannot keep answering the same questions again and again (how I cut finasteride, what is my regimen, etc) (I have mentioned at least thrice recently that I use my teeth to cut the pill in fifths!! I am experienced enough to achieve a good 1mg cut in the dark this way)

I have no side effects from finasteride, no brainfog (have finished my second master with absolute success after several months on finasteride), no erectile disfunction, no signs of my liver failing (ouch), no problems socializing, my humour is as bad as it has always been. What are all these questions? Anyone that's terrified of sides will have some for sure, I almost got some while reading your post Fanjeera! haha

Anyway thank you guys for posting, I will probably post some new pics soon:)

h82bebald

Established Member
Reaction score

SE-freak said:
Anyone that's terrified of sides will have some for sure, I almost got some while reading your post Fanjeera! haha
:)
I agree completely with this. I went into this not even thinking about side effects. I have had zero side effects. My erections are the same, sometimes I wake up with my wood hurting from it being erect and me sleeping and having it keep hitting my bed :)

LosingTouch

Reaction score

Hmm.. your prior to treatment pic shows some oddly shaped thinning around the crown but no actual thinning or receding of the hairline, in fact it looks exactly the same in all pics, and to be honest if you were to say nothing was actually taken over the period of the initial photo/s I wouldn't be surprised as it just seems like your hair simply grew out (from been buzzed). I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, as you even said yourself you were a NW1 to begin with..

SE-freak

Reaction score
Re:

SE-freak said:
before vs 81 days in:
anagen9pp.jpg