40 steps to completely reverse M.P.B.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
1. Decrease testosterone production (low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels).
2. Decrease D.H.T. levels (inhibit alpha-5-reductase, low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol).
3. Inhibit alpha-5-reductase (beta sitosterol, flaxseeds, green tea).
4. Increase S.H.B.G. (lower insulin levels, low fat/high fiber diet, flaxseeds).
5. Inhibit aromatase (beta sitosterol, flaxseeds, D.I.M.).
6. Decrease estrogen production (reducing body fat, low fat/high fiber diet, flaxseeds, reduce dairy products, milk is the big offender!).
7. Increase the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrogen to 16-hydroxyestrogen (D.I.M., flaxseeds, cruciferous vegetables).
8. Lower IGF-1 levels (eliminate sugar intake, flaxseeds, eliminate dairy products and meat).
9. Increase IGFBP (reducing insulin levels, green tea, flaxseeds).
10. Increase Human Growth Hormone (hunger, endurance exercise, reducing estrogen levels).
11. Balance prostaglandins (omega 3 fatty acids, low fat/high fiber diet, beta sitosterol).
12. Reduce cortisol levels (reducing estrogen levels, exercise, beta sitosterol).
13. Reduce cholesterol production (beta sitosterol, dietary fiber, low fat diet).
14. Reduce L.D.L. oxidation (red wine/resveratrol, alpha lipoic acid, beta sitosterol).
15. Decrease blood pressure (increase nitric oxide production, low fat/high fiber diet, red wine/resveratrol).
16. Increase nitric oxide production (red wine, low fat diet, exercise).
17. Reduce prolactin levels (reducing estrogen levels).
18. Decrease the risk for atherosclerosis (low fat/high fiber diet, red wine/resveratrol, beta sitosterol, reducing cholesterol levels).
19. Decrease the risk for insulin resistance or diabetes (low fat/high fiber diet, exercise, eliminate sugar consumption).
20. Avoid all sources of xenoestrogens (liquids in plastic containers/bottles of any kind, canned food, dairy and meat, lotions).
21. Increase melatonin levels (sleep in complete darkness, supplement, walnuts, red wine).
22. Eliminate all sources of refined sugar (soda, candy, junk food).
23. Eliminate all sources of trans-fat (ingredients that say "partially hydrogenated oil", fried foods of any kind, margarine)
24. Dramatically reduce saturated fat and monounsaturated fat intake and increase omega-3.
25. Decrease free radical activity (Increase glutathione levels, alpha lipoic acid, red wine/resveratrol, green tea).
26. Increase glutathione levels (alpha lipoic acid, beta sitosterol, green tea)
27. Decrease sebum production (low fat/high fiber diet, decreasing D.H.T. levels, nizoral shampoo, lowering cholesterol, eliminate dairy and meat).
28. Reduce inflammation (beta sitosterol, red wine, green tea, flaxseeds, nizoral shampoo).
29. Walk as often as you can.
30. Exercise often.
31. Have sex often.
32. Reduce salt intake.
33. Wash hair in cool water.
34. Use nizoral shampoo every other day or two.
35. Stay away from dairy and meat.
35. Take a zinc/magnesium citrate supplement, but not too often!
36. Drink only water, green tea, and red wine in moderation.
37. Eat one half-cup of fresh beans a day, no canned beans!
38. Eat as much organic food as possible.
39. Eat low on the food chain.
40. Patience. Remember that a complete hair growth cycle is two to six years. Baldness takes literally years to reverse, just like it took years to develop, just be confident and positive and patient and these 40 steps will more than likely completely reverse the hair loss within two to six years… remember patience is a virtue.

s.a.f

Reaction score
None of those steps will make much difference if you have bad hair genetics.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
So, I'm nw5. Doing all of this will get me back to a 2 in a little over six years? Is that what you are claiming? What is your level of hairloss and are you doing these things yourself with proof positive results?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
What is your avatar of Mistere, I've always wanted to ask because it freaks me out majorly.

Bold claim too btw :p A few blokes in Hollywood would pay you a decent sum to completely reverse their hairloss, thanks for just telling us about it though :woot:

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
What is your avatar of Mistere, I've always wanted to ask because it freaks me out majorly.

It's riff raff from rocky horror picture show.

Yeah you never shows pics misterE, i'm beginning to think you want us to be your guinea pigs lol. I applaud your drive on this and tenacity to keep searching for a treatment though. Seems we need more mad scientist around here to give us hope.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
I like his tenacity and endeavour to battle hair loss as well, but things like washing hair in cold water and not eating red meat seem so stupid to me.

I'm going to lose my battle with hairloss sooner rather than later, it is inevitable really so I can't see myself having cold showers and not eating the greatest food known to man in a bid to fight my hair loss.
I love my meat and I love my hot showers :) Just like all my friends with full heads of hair. Going to these extents for zero proof of any results is pretty crazy IMO.

SuperMeh

Established Member
Reaction score
For those that can't follow these rules maybe try to lean towards them at least, I think they're all good pointers for a healthy lifestyle, I am not too sure how effective they would be without a strong 5ar inhibitor like finasteride.

I think I could do cold showers and no red meat.. but I need a beer now and then ^_^

s.a.f

Reaction score
None of them will make any difference, its genetic and changing what you eat or the temp of your shower is'nt going to alter your genes.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
[1. Decrease testosterone production [citation needed]
2. Decrease D.H.T. levels [citation needed]
3. Inhibit alpha-5-reductase [citation needed]
4. Increase SHBG [citation needed]
5. Inhibit aromatase [citation needed]
6. Decrease estrogen production [citation needed]
7. Increase the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrogen to 16-hydroxyestrogen [citation needed]
8. Lower IGF-1 levels [citation needed]
9. Increase IGFBP [citation needed]
10. Increase Human Growth Hormone [citation needed]
11. Balance prostaglandins [citation needed]
12. Reduce cortisol levels [citation needed]
13. Reduce cholesterol production [citation needed]
14. Reduce L.D.L. oxidation [citation needed]
15. Decrease blood pressure [citation needed]
16. Increase nitric oxide production [citation needed]
17. Reduce prolactin levels (reducing estrogen levels).
18. Decrease the risk for athersclerosis [citation needed]
19. Decrease the risk for insulin resistance or diabetes [citation needed]
20. Avoid all sources of xenoestrogens [citation needed]
21. Increase melatonin levels [citation needed]
22. Eliminate all sources of refined sugar [citation needed]
23. Eliminate all sources of trans-fat [citation needed]
24. Dramatically reduce saturated fat and monounsaturated fat intake and increase omega-3 and omega 6 intakes.[citation needed]
25. Decrease free radical activity [citation needed]
26. Increase glutathione levels [citation needed]
27. Decrease sebum production
28. Reduce inflammation [citation needed]
29. Walk as often as you can.[citation needed]
30. Exercise often.[citation needed]
31. Have sex often.[citation needed]
32. Reduce salt intake.[citation needed]
33. Wash hair in cool water.[citation needed]
34. Use nizoral shampoo every other day or two.
35. Stay away from commercial dairy and red meat.[citation needed]
35. Take a zinc supplement, but not too often![citation needed]
36. Drink only water, green tea, and red wine in moderation.
37. Eat one cup of fresh beans a day, no canned beans![citation needed]
38. Eat as much organic food as possible.[citation needed]
39. Eat low on the food chain.[citation needed]
40. Patience. [citation needed]

cuebald

Reaction score
42. Get a hair transplant

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
how do you take your ground flax seeds.... do you crush them or what ?

Explain all you can on how and what you intake on ground flax seeds

I take my ground flax seeds two spoonfuls at a time...wash it down with cool clean water. You can by organic crushed/ground flax seeds at the grocery store. You can also add it to oatmeal and other foodstuff.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
So, I'm nw5. Doing all of this will get me back to a 2 in a little over six years? Is that what you are claiming? What is your level of hairloss and are you doing these things yourself with proof positive results?

Yes. My level of hair loss was; receding hairline, thinning crown and overall diffuse. I have no "before" pictures and no way of uploading any current pictures because this computer is really old.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:

Bold claim too btw :p A few blokes in Hollywood would pay you a decent sum to completely reverse their hairloss, thanks for just telling us about it though :woot:

Now I will admit...this is a very bold claim, this is just a "rough sketch" of some simple tips and simple, yet tedious treatment. Unfortunately no sources are listed but research this and use it to further your regimen.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
mykal_P said:
[quote="Tyler_Durden":n695wpla]What is your avatar of Mistere, I've always wanted to ask because it freaks me out majorly.

It's riff raff from rocky horror picture show.

Yeah you never shows pics misterE, i'm beginning to think you want us to be your guinea pigs lol. I applaud your drive on this and tenacity to keep searching for a treatment though. Seems we need more mad scientist around here to give us hope.[/quote:n695wpla]

You are correct it is riff raff! You know, I always told myself, if I had the horseshoe pattern, I would just grow it like riff raff.

Anyway, my computer cannot upload anything, it is very old and slow and it cannot handle the camera technology.

I would never want you to be a guinea pig, that's what the pharmaceutical corporations do, I try to find alternatives to synthetics which don't just cover the symptoms but gets to the "root" of the problem.

Yes, we sure do need mad scientists... MAD SCIENTISTS UNITE!