37 Year-old Man Realizes He's Balding! Midlife Crisis? Oh No!!!

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's an old post but true, she's not hot at all lol and surprised to see comments that she is. Maybe desperation or perhaps I'm being harsh due to the choices we have. To think though he could get 1500 grafts and be an actual Norwood 2 and move on...over these ridiculous videos involving his wife which keep coming up on youtube! Clearly he has some problems.

He looks pretty decent with the beard and cut now yeah, much better but lol at his odd hair fixation. Lots of his advice is plain wrong too on hair loss. Most people could read for a day and be able to talk freely about hair loss accurately, he still can't after all these years.
Didn't think she's in the "hot" category either but didn't wanna be the one who says it first lol. With his current better look they're a compatible match imo. I still think that his behavior is very odd and makes him look lame in the light though.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks to be thinning Norwood 3, probably started balding for real in his mid 30s. A lot of guys think they were going bald in their late teens but really only just their juvenile hairline, as most men do at that time, and thought they were balding. He's on his way to NW5/6 in short order.

Hate to break it to you, but I'm in my mid 30s, and over 50% of men are still NW1. NW2 may start to become acceptable in your 30s, but NW3+ is
Idk, in some of his videos where he shows photos of him in his 20s his hairline looks beyond what most and he himself consider a "mature hairline" if you ask me. He has said he started thinning in his early 30s though. His dad is basically bald, and his hair looked exactly the same as Nick's at their same age, so that's likely where he is going as well.

I feel like it often isn't so simple as "I started receding/thinning at this or that age", but what often happens is that it starts some years before that, but the loss doesn't become visible before you notice it (no sh*t Sherlock lol) which can take a while, kind of like a snowball effect. That is kind of a scary idea for me though, since my hair loss became clearly visible at 16, so if we were to use that logic I could have actually started balding at like 13-14 :oops:.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your loss becomes visible, you have already lost somewhere around 50% of your density. Depends on and varies a lot regarding your ethnicity but that's roughly where you are if you see scalp. His recession and loss have been slow overall. He is very lucky but will lose the fight ultimately. It'd be very interesting to see where he could be by just microdosing finasteride like myself. My loss has been slow as well with some mild Norwood 1.5 recession on one side at 25. Now my loss has basically stopped. There are times when I freak out but I am wearing a similar style like Ethan Hawke in my profile pic and that is winning in my book at 33.

Re: his wife. She isn't hot but definitely bangable. Especially if she is in her mid 30s too. Lots of small things to obsess over but her skin is good for someone her age and she isn't fat either. I'm not into her face personally but she's definitely cute.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With NW2 people won't notice it they'll just think that you have a high forehead. NW3 they'll call it a receding hairline but it can look OK depending on the density and facial shape. NW4 - ppl will start feeling bad for you if you're in your mid 20's or younger which is what you wanna avoid. In your 30's you can be completely bald and no one will flinch, it will still damage your sexual market value but no one gives a sh*t if a completely grown man is bald. Just another generic baldie to add to the ever growing collection.
That's at least the narrative hair loss forums try to push but I don't buy it. You would be surprised at how skillful some young guys are at spotting early norwoods. I know this guy who is a standard NW1 but still panicked because his hairline is not square/straight anymore lol. People are so aware of looks these days, nobody is safe

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's at least the narrative hair loss forums try to push but I don't buy it. You would be surprised at how skillful some young guys are at spotting early norwoods. I know this guy who is a standard NW1 but still panicked because his hairline is not square/straight anymore lol. People are so aware of looks these days, nobody is safe
Lol it's the TikTok generation where young adults get jaw implants and wear hair systems. The world is rapidly changing.

Black men were always aware of hairlines tho, they get razor sharp line ups and dye their hair black with Bigen to camouflage balding.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol it's the TikTok generation where young adults get jaw implants and wear hair systems. The world is rapidly changing.

Black men were always aware of hairlines tho, they get razor sharp line ups and dye their hair black with Bigen to camouflage balding.

young adults getting jaw implants? damn. can't they do something less invasive first like filllers or some sh*t?

the only reason why I don't do such invasive surgeries is because they probably put limits on your life for good, especially sports and such, can't imagine it's 100% safe to do sports or anything that might cause you to get some hits at your face area (like boxing, or even head diving into water) when you have implants in your face.
plus theres always a risk of getting infection at any given point in your life, just like many women with breast implants suffer from.

I'd avoid invasive surgeries at any cost, especially if it's just for aesthetics.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
young adults getting jaw implants? damn. can't they do something less invasive first like filllers or some sh*t?

the only reason why I don't do such invasive surgeries is because they probably put limits on your life for good, especially sports and such, can't imagine it's 100% safe to do sports or anything that might cause you to get some hits at your face area (like boxing, or even head diving into water) when you have implants in your face.
plus theres always a risk of getting infection at any given point in your life, just like many women with breast implants suffer from.

I'd avoid invasive surgeries at any cost, especially if it's just for aesthetics.
Yeah fillers are way safer, they look more natural too

Can't imagine walking around with a piece of plastic in my face lmao

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank god my hair is coming back, thank god I'll be getting a hairline transplant to put me back where I belong, thank god any externalities imposed upon my skin and face can and will be corrected with surgery and cosmetic procedures.

I will not age gracefully.

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank god my hair is coming back, thank god I'll be getting a hairline transplant to put me back where I belong, thank god any externalities imposed upon my skin and face can and will be corrected with surgery and cosmetic procedures.

I will not age gracefully.
Isnt it better to go fully bald and then do the transplant? Ive seen nw5 who turned Norwood 1.5 with multiple transplant. The best thing no need for finasteride

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you cannot control the loss of your hair, I guess so, but my hair is semi-androgen resistant, in that I in spite of my rapid hair loss events (both of them) that looked patterned in nature, the overall progression of loss is slow, and I would basically be waiting until I was 44 or 45 until I get my life back? f*** that just put one in the back of my head. These next ten years need to be perfect so that I can basically turn the page on a lot of things in my life.

It doesn't mean I won't want to look good when I'm older but seriously when you're in your mid 50s to 60s if you're still primping and preening like you're 25-35, it's just f*****g cringe. This is my last five years to a decade to take care of some unfinished business and do it exactly how I want to.

So that being said I'm not even close to looking like the guy in the video, not only do I look at least seven years younger than him, my face shape is far more athletic and angular, in general it makes me look far younger, esp when my estrogen is high"er" because I don't get a jowly pudgy look to my face then, it just accentuates my existing features and adds collagen where it needs to be, always has been that way.

My hairline has not even come close to going back as far as his, at best I'll need to add an inch to my hairline (I'm such a vain f***) because I want the hairline of my 20s so that I can actually grow it out. I don't have a horrible bowling alley peak going like MGK before his transplant (although his hair transplant was absolutely amazing, congratulations to him, he's beautiful).

I'm in a situation where if I truly wait until I'm bald up top, what is left of my youth in appearance and time will be spent, and that's just not f'n happening. My hair has basically "recovered" up to, as seen by most angles even with short hair, it's really really hard to tell I have any weak spots due to how well it has recovered, but I now know why my hair was so amazing when I recovered for the first time when I was in my late 20s early 30s, and that was because I had a bit more estrogen. That's all I'll need to future proof myself from any hair loss, topical estrogen and managing it systemically so I don't get too soft and lose the definition in my face, if anything adding a bit of water retention and collagen will add definition to it.

Your hair can get coarse and dry when you don't have enough estrogen, and that's a partial indicator as to the problem with male hair loss, those scalp and hair conditions are not ideal for growing and maintaining of hair. Estrogen at least to the ratio of what is necessary, will hydrate your skin add collagen, and stimulate hair and counteract DHT and testosterone.

That and I'm just going to straight up get augmentations and lifts my face to keep my features for as long as I can and as long as it makes sense to do so.

Last edited:

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you cannot control the loss of your hair, I guess so, but my hair is semi-androgen resistant, in that I in spite of my rapid hair loss events (both of them) that looked patterned in nature, the overall progression of loss is slow, and I would basically be waiting until I was 44 or 45 until I get my life back? f*** that just put one in the back of my head. These next ten years need to be perfect so that I can basically turn the page on a lot of things in my life.

It doesn't mean I won't want to look good when I'm older but seriously when you're in your mid 50s to 60s if you're still primping and preening like you're 25-35, it's just f*****g cringe. This is my last five years to a decade to take care of some unfinished business and do it exactly how I want to.

So that being said I'm not even close to looking like the guy in the video, not only do I look at least seven years younger than him, my face shape is far more athletic and angular, in general it makes me look far younger, esp when my estrogen is high"er" because I don't get a jowly pudgy look to my face then, it just accentuates my existing features and adds collagen where it needs to be, always has been that way.

My hairline has not even come close to going back as far as his, at best I'll need to add an inch to my hairline (I'm such a vain f***) because I want the hairline of my 20s so that I can actually grow it out. I don't have a horrible bowling alley peak going like MGK before his transplant (although his hair transplant was absolutely amazing, congratulations to him, he's beautiful).

I'm in a situation where if I truly wait until I'm bald up top, what is left of my youth in appearance and time will be spent, and that's just not f'n happening. My hair has basically "recovered" up to, from most angles even with short hair it's really really hard to tell I have any weak spots due to how well it has recovered, but I now know why my hair was so amazing when I recovered for the first time when I was in my late 20s early 30s, and that was because I had a bit more estrogen. That's all I'll need to future proof myself from any hair loss, topical estrogen and managing it systemically so I don't get too soft and lose the definition in my face.

That and I'm just going to straight up get augmentations and lifts to keep my features for as long as I can and as long as it makes sense to do so.
I think being bald in your 50's is just part of aging and nothing more. Its normal to lose your hair when your old. Thats why the majority dont care. They just realuze its part of aging. Its us early balders who are fucked. My father was a early balder like me and he had a fucked up life just like i did

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isnt it better to go fully bald and then do the transplant? Ive seen nw5 who turned Norwood 1.5 with multiple transplant. The best thing no need for finasteride
ain't nobody going to Norwood 1.5 from nw5 without finasteride, even if they do it's just the overall frame but the hair itself is thin on the scalp.
you just can't go from nw5 to a real full head nw1.5 just from your donor area.
and most people don't have enough donor for that either way.

and without finasteride, what makes you think they will not keep blading from Norwood 5 to nw6/7 down the road?

goku_black

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ain't nobody going to Norwood 1.5 from nw5 without finasteride, even if they do it's just the overall frame but the hair itself is thin on the scalp.

and without finasteride, what makes you think they will not keep blading from Norwood 5 to nw6/7 down the road?
i know it now. when i wrote this reply i thought you can harvast the beard hair with no limits. now i know that you can only do it once.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yep. Few people do what I do (revert to NW1.5 with multiple transplants) because they don't have enough donor/no money/no motivation/their job won't let them/etc.. and ofc my coverage isn't like a natural fullhead.

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check out mattdominance, he has a mature hairline but look how thin his hair overall is after 3 transplants I think, he didn't take finasteride and took his hair apart for the camera. Sure it's far from full but do you think he would look better with a combover/bald head/asymmetry on top? His donor has taken a beating but is not too bad. Take out the beard, muscles and hair fade too where does it leave him? It all makes a huge difference. He may be totally unattractive without all that.
You can see him bald here in this thumbnail:
Yeah, it just does not suit him. He looks better now.

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meet John Cazale. Extremely talented and loved, in your perspective cursed though. He didn’t register to hairlosstalk or cry to god, instead he didn’t do much tbh. He just married Marryl Str at her best years and played in a bunch of 10/10 movies. Died at 42 sadly.

The only reason you’re here is because you’re all a bunch of incels in denial. You want the entire world to change for you but you won’t change instead. Most of you aren’t even bald. You have hair. Some of you even mention ending your life over it. See a psychiatrist, it’s not too late.

Attachments

• F1BACB93-A72E-490C-81AC-D5BFB12E7C32.jpeg
    F1BACB93-A72E-490C-81AC-D5BFB12E7C32.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 82

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meet John Cazale. Extremely talented and loved, in your perspective cursed though. He didn’t register to hairlosstalk or cry to god, instead he didn’t do much tbh. He just married Marryl Str at her best years and played in a bunch of 10/10 movies. Died at 42 sadly.

The only reason you’re here is because you’re all a bunch of incels in denial. You want the entire world to change for you but you won’t change instead. Most of you aren’t even bald. You have hair. Some of you even mention ending your life over it. See a psychiatrist, it’s not too late.
That guy isn't bald either lol.

Nobody, apart from a few, say that your life is over just because you are bald, you can still have a good life ofc. But having hair is better than being bald, which is why people fear and fight it. Some people genuinely do not look good bald at all, and if you don't do so, and you can change your circumstances, why not do it?

not_bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, stop digging out random bs stories that you change to your liking to make your point. No one cares if A left B for hair. Hair is nothing. A woman that judges you by your hair is shallow and stupid so even if you got in a relationship with her, you would have a bad time. Relationships based on looks don’t last. Relationships based on character and maturity do. You can live happily even if you’re not Brad Pitt. It’s just much harder and it’s impossible if you’re in denial.

You’re in denial about two things. One, that hair loss cure will come. It won’t come. Two, you’re in denial that hair isn’t your true problem. Instead it’s your character or should I say lack of it. That’s why you are single and alone. Imagine if somehow I waved a magic wand and made your dream woman be with you despite of your baldness. Then what? What would you do on day 1 with your dream girl? How would you go about it? You’re still bald. But problem solved isn’t it? Now what do you do? How do you handle chatting with her? Arguing? Dealing with preying eyes? Having to be there for her? Making sacrifices? Breaking up? Sex? If you spend your life focusing on your stupid hair, you develop the personality of a wet towel. Medication also cripples your penis.

What’s the point? Don’t you claim hair is the only thing sabotaging your life about women and men and friends and all?

Delusional.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, stop digging out random bs stories that you change to your liking to make your point. No one cares if A left B for hair. Hair is nothing. A woman that judges you by your hair is shallow and stupid so even if you got in a relationship with her, you would have a bad time. Relationships based on looks don’t last. Relationships based on character and maturity do. You can live happily even if you’re not Brad Pitt. It’s just much harder and it’s impossible if you’re in denial.

You’re in denial about two things. One, that hair loss cure will come. It won’t come. Two, you’re in denial that hair isn’t your true problem. Instead it’s your character or should I say lack of it. That’s why you are single and alone. Imagine if somehow I waved a magic wand and made your dream woman be with you despite of your baldness. Then what? What would you do on day 1 with your dream girl? How would you go about it? You’re still bald. But problem solved isn’t it? Now what do you do? How do you handle chatting with her? Arguing? Dealing with preying eyes? Having to be there for her? Making sacrifices? Breaking up? Sex? If you spend your life focusing on your stupid hair, you develop the personality of a wet towel. Medication also cripples your penis.

What’s the point? Don’t you claim hair is the only thing sabotaging your life about women and men and friends and all?

Delusional.
How old are you? Just out of curiosity.