37 Year-old Man Realizes He's Balding! Midlife Crisis? Oh No!!!

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet he acts like a special unicorn and makes a youtube journal about it. He's obsessed af with his hair and beard, to the point where he needs help, and doesn't even realize it.
He once said he was going to quit making hair loss videos forever, then like a month after he returned to it lol.
He's obsessed af with his hair and beard,
I think the whole obsession with beards in the bald acceptance community is kinda weird and almost contradictory. I mean, I do think facial hair is better than clean shaven when bald, since it helps to frame and break up the face like hair on top does (though not to as effective of a degree, still got the infinite forehead) and can cover up poor facial features and offset the "sickly" look (which is part of why I fear baldness so much, since I have poor facial features that don't go well with the bald look at all, and I can only grow peach fuzz in the outline of a "beard", although I have used minoxidil on the face for the past months and so far I have gained a neckbeard lol).

But there is this special importance placed upon beards in that community, like a source of pride. Which to me feels like they're trying to make up for having lost their hair, and it also just proves the importance of having hair on your head, which supposedly "doesn't matter".

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
He once said he was going to quit making hair loss videos forever, then like a month after he returned to it lol.

I think the whole obsession with beards in the bald acceptance community is kinda weird and almost contradictory. I mean, I do think facial hair is better than clean shaven when bald, since it helps to frame and break up the face like hair on top does (though not to as effective of a degree, still got the infinite forehead) and can cover up poor facial features and offset the "sickly" look (which is part of why I fear baldness so much, since I have poor facial features that don't go well with the bald look at all, and I can only grow peach fuzz in the outline of a "beard", although I have used minoxidil on the face for the past months and so far I have gained a neckbeard lol).

But there is this special importance placed upon beards in that community, like a source of pride. Which to me feels like they're trying to make up for having lost their hair, and it also just proves the importance of having hair on your head, which supposedly "doesn't matter".
He can't stop because he clearly suffers from severe OCD. Look how nervous and jittery he sounds. He needs help asap

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the whole obsession with beards in the bald acceptance community is kinda weird and almost contradictory. I mean, I do think facial hair is better than clean shaven when bald, since it helps to frame and break up the face like hair on top does (though not to as effective of a degree, still got the infinite forehead) and can cover up poor facial features and offset the "sickly" look
This sort of a person by person case. But if you still got young looking skin completely shaved both face and head makes you look your age. Sure there are cases where it can age you by 20 years, especially if the guy is fat or with a beard with aged skin. But young looking guys with decent skin and normal weight still look young with a shaved head and face. However old guys over 50 usually look empty without a grown out horseshoe or a beard. Imo growing out your beard because you are bald is cringe, same with going to the gym. Why didn't they do those things before they lost their hair, why do they suddenly matter now? It screams you became unattractive because of hair loss.

Also its not uncommon for your beard to fully form in mid to late 20's.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sort of a person by person case. But if you still got young looking skin completely shaved both face and head makes you look your age. Sure there are cases where it can age you by 20 years, especially if the guy is fat or with a beard with aged skin. But young looking guys with decent skin and normal weight still look young with a shaved head and face. However old guys over 50 usually look empty without a grown out horseshoe or a beard. Imo growing out your beard because you are bald is cringe, same with going to the gym. Why didn't they do those things before they lost their hair, why do they suddenly matter now? It screams you became unattractive because of hair loss.

Yeah it is case by case. But I still think it is generally better to have facial hair if you are bald, since you can look empty or just weird or in worst case sickly in some cases if you have nothing. Older > sickly. I agree it is often better to have the horseshoe at least somewhat grown out when you are older. I feel like the horseshoe also can look less ugly with a beard, since it looks like an extension of it.

It is compensating for hair loss though, the same way as going to the gym is, no other way to put it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah it is case by case. But I still think it is generally better to have facial hair if you are bald, since you can look empty or just weird or in worst case sickly in some cases if you have nothing. Older > sickly. I agree it is often better to have the horseshoe at least somewhat grown out when you are older. I feel like the horseshoe also can look less ugly with a beard, since it looks like an extension of it.

It is compensating for hair loss though, the same way as going to the gym is, no other way to put it.
A stubble is trendy and youthful. The "cope" stage begins when you grow it super long like a hipster or Santa beard imo. That makes people think you're trying too hard, just like a bodybuilder figure.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My general observation from 10 years of pub ownership = bald men do not get younger girls regardless of beard or no beard. But mature (or mature looking) bald men do sometimes get mature women who look past surface level looks. Therefore it is no wonder that most men will choose the beard to minimize the signs of sickness and genetic weakness even if they would technically look better clean shaven.

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My general observation from 10 years of pub ownership = bald men do not get younger girls regardless of beard or no beard. But mature (or mature looking) bald men do sometimes get mature women who look past surface level looks. Therefore it is no wonder that most men will choose the beard to minimize the signs of sickness and genetic weakness even if they would technically look better clean shaven.
I think a lot depends on the man and age does play a huge role. I have a friend who is an ex royal marine, at my age (41) he was norwood 5 and had zero issues with women. But most of them following him around were 30-35. He is 50ish now and has a hot girlfriend who is probably nudging 40. Another mate was norwood 6 at 37 and married a good looking 29 yr old - he was always successful, confident and stylish. Another guy I know is slick bald, late 30s now but has a younger wife. Interestingly I have some full head friends in their 40s who struggle with women and always have, regardless of age.

Personally, I’ve always thought a bit of stubble looks better, or a well groomed beard, on a bald man.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
This needs to win an Oscar: