3 year anniversary on finasteride.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would still stay patient and not make many changes for now. But if it becomes aggressive you may need to consider dutasteride. What oral minoxidil dose have you been on, and for how long?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dan drift has been super bad lately. All these flakes come off with a hair to several hairs on them. Shedding 200 300 hairs a day just don’t know how I’m not Progressively losing hair faster.
That looks like seborrheic dermatitis, the yellowish flakiness is a telltale sign.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3.5 years on 2.5mg finasteride and 5mg oral min. Still shedding a couple hundred hairs a day but it seems as those these meds have slowed down loss. There is one spot on the hairline that has taken a bigger hit over these past three years.

if I can keep what I have for now or something close I will get a hair transplant in 2-5 years and get back to a 1.5 Norwood. (I’m about a 2/2.5 Norwood right now.

still can get over how much I shed thought. its disgusting and not normal. With that being said I’m not obsessing over my hair to the extent I was a couple years ago.

Pics are about three years apart with reference pointsz
Can't see pics bro

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still looking good tho.
Dont worry so much. I doubt a good surgeon would advise you to go for a transplant at that norwood if it wont receed further

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Those close up angles don’t show the extend of my receding hairline. I’m close to an nw3.
Not really. Your density is excellent. One of the best heads of hair for your age group on this forum.

PatrickHRTnolan

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 years ago today I started finasteride. 2 years oral min. Over that time. I have Experimented with other medications as well. But those are the two I have stuck with. My hair is worse than it was three years ago. Granted and pictures it dont seem much worse. Ever since I started treating my hair my shedding went to 150 to 300 hairs shed a day. I combed my hair this morning and there must have been 100-150 hairs in the sink just combing my hair for a minute.

Here are the pictures of my hairline corners three years apart. The crown has maintained in the past few years.Here are the pictures of my hairline corners three years apart. The crown has maintained in the past few years.

Wish I would’ve had complete maintenance or a little bit regrowth.Wish I would’ve had complete maintenance or a little bit regrowth. Wonder what my hair would look like if I never went on treatment. Wonder if the shedding would’ve never happened. Let me know what you guys think.

1. 3 years ago
2. Today
3. 3 years ago
4. Today
Have you tried anything else? I agree with the comment below as far as Ketoconzole being an option, just don't over-use it because it can really dry out the hair you have. Spironolactone is also DHT suppressive, but not so harsh to cause shedding. Latanoprost has proven very effective, if you haven't looked into that, it's definitely worth your time.

The point is, there are options out there beyond minoxidil. Best of luck!

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I had one with 6 hairs one time that was the most. I get doublers all throughout the day.
Where do they come from the most? I mean, doublers

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another example of how much I shed. I lose chunks of skin with multiples hairs attached. Couple of them each day have 4-5 hairs attached.
Dude I have a similar problem.
Now I'm on a regimen of ketoconazole, selsun, coal tar-salicylic acid, corticosteroids.
It helps but i need to stick to it religiously

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I had one with 6 hairs one time that was the most. I get doublers all throughout the day.
And many of the doublets are hairs growing from a single follicle. Take care of ur scalp bro. maybe the hairloss will stop

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a lot of skin coming off the top of your head? How often do you use those products?
Yes. Once i left it untreated for 2 months and i had a cradle cap. Went slick nw5 trying to remove the flakes as it would yank the hair out. Regrew it tho.
I was a bit careless in the lockdown so i got a bit of it again. So my current solid regimen is ketoconazole, selsun, coal tar-salicylic acid shampoos in consecutive days once in the morning and betamethasone dipropionate (corticosteroid) at night.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not bad at all. The important thing is the density just behind the hairline and that is still going strong.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone notice two hairs coming from seemingly one follicle? Or at least two hairs that seem joined at or towards the bottom? I see many that have what looks like a tiny noose in the middle which is a strange sort of kink, no jokes intended. Virtually all hairs that deviant in color on my scalp seem malformed and greyish so I continue to pluck them if they don't lie flat.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I shed many two hairs on one chuck of skin. Many throughout the day. Again I shed 200-300 a day
Yuck. I had a lot of hair in the brush but that's normal too in a non-balding situation. Looking at the bottoms of hairs is not my favorite thing. I "love" it when people post pictures from their drains because I go to the gym to swim some times and eh clogged drains with body and scalp hair are not what I like to see. Your situation is strange though. Some guys claim to have sebum in the scalp literally underneath a certain layer and massage and maybe microneedling and wire brushing can like puncture the grape skin and let the fluid out but if it's hardened, maybe that contributes to male pattern baldness. Still we are left with no females basically in such a situation. We use to think sebum might plug follicles and maybe they don't plug them in a way that can be unclogged but they might also cause over-infestation by scalp flora who leave refuse that might cause inflammation.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You want to see the best marketing video for hair loss. Watch the video on here. Folital.com